• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Investigators Say Orlando Shooter May Have No Link To ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliengmr

This was a shit-tier human being mentioning ISIS to scare people and make himself seem bigger than the shit stain he was. ISIS of course took credit. Had he not been muslim at all it might have been just another mass shooting where some scumbag seeks attention. Based on this guy's story though, I don't think ideology was the sole motive, he almost certainly wasn't specifically recruited, trained, and equipped by ISIS to perform this attack.

ISIS is banking on Muslim individuals that are shit people to begin with to do this kind of thing in their name. They're essentially trolling us in the hope that we formally wage war with them. As it is they aren't having a great time.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/18/482621690/investigators-say-orlando-shooter-showed-few-warning-signs-of-radicalization

This was something I've wondered from the outset of this tragedy. I know his father may have just been BSing and trying to protect his family or what not but I just wonder if maybe he was just a bullied, bullying, self-hating closeted homosexual who just used ISIS to gain more exposure for his act.

What say you?

Thought it was pretty obvious if I'm honest. Doesn't make it any less of a terrorist attack the sad fact remains that this kind of attack is just not the actions of devoted follower of ISIS. The fact he was killed and did not commit suicide should of clued people into this.

ISIS took credit because it still raises their "brand" and they aren't particularly fond of the gay community, to say the least.

But really the only people really pushing the ISIS angle is the American right wing/gun lobby hoping in doing that, they steer the debate away from gun control.

If he is ISIS, it's a failure of law enforcement for not finding him and stopping him in time, and maybe even immigration for letting another "scary brown person" in the country to run unchecked.

If he is yet another lone crazy, then the discussion shifts to why are the NRA so against allowing people like this to be restricted from buying dangerous firearms, especially assault rifles.

Really makes me made how this whole thing has been twisted.

People (right wing media) want to make you think it was ISIS who coordinated the attack.

Its absolutely sickening...

We'll to be fair...considering his 911 call...he himself wanted people to think it was isis.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems about right, didn't the guy claim allegiance to several terrorist organizations who are enemies of each other?

Reading the NYT profile about this guy made it seem like he was the guy who always jokes about killing people for attention, and finally did it. There was nothing about radicalization in his background.

IIRC, he pledged allegiance to ISIL and al Qaeda and Hezbollah. Hezbollah is allied with the Assad's regime and is actually at war with ISIL. aQ and ISIL have serious disagreements. So it's pretty clear that his worldview wasn't that well-developed.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wouldn't be surprised, guy seemed mentally unstable and deranged (not that ISIS members aren't). I feel that he may have more in common, in terms of where his mind was at, with the asshole who crashed the German wings flight than someone out to commit a terrorist attack.

yeah. not really a surprise there. wasn't he shiite, anyway?

His first name would suggest that he was Sunni. His dad was a Taliban supporter in Afghanistan, you know, that group that liked to massacre Shias for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom