• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park may be Reuniting

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
How did they get such clear vocals at a live show? Turn up the band! :p

I've seen LP a few times and its weird to see them so stripped down. I always associate them with a pretty techno lightshowy elaborate stage, not like a regular rock band. But now that I've seen Transsiberian Orchestra no amount of led light displays, lasers, or fire can impress me :p

I'd wager after the initial tour dates they'll probably up the knob on every factor by the time the big touring in 2025 starts.

Tokio Blues

Gold Member
Chester's son on their choice 💔

s4o9a4q1nqnd1.jpg

ineyw4q1nqnd1.jpg

What people do for money is amazing. What a shame for Mike.

HAYA8U5A

They sounded great in the LA show and much better than the launch show but I still say nerves and emotions probably impacted that. Still a few things to iron out but as they get more comfortable it will work itself out. More than anything the guitar player needs to start standing out as the lead guitar player since Brad isn't doing the live shows. His stage presence still feels more like a temporary fill in than they permanent live guitarist.

Great to see some neglected live songs make the set list including some they had never performed live. Would have liked Valentines Day to make the list but understandable they might want to avoid the songs like that which people feel really took on new meaning.

This guy is unhinged. His Instagram bio implies that Chester did not kill himself and includes "I AM NOT SUICIDAL" as if he expects to be killed next.

Even crazier than that is that he thinks Mike is the one that had Chester killed off in order to replace him. Hence why in his rant against Emily he started going on about this actually being planned in 2017 in secret meetings between Mike and Emily. He has even come up with things like even if Chester did kill himself it was because Mike's lyrics were done intentionally to put those thoughts in his head and drive him to it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
They sounded great in the LA show and much better than the launch show but I still say nerves and emotions probably impacted that. Still a few things to iron out but as they get more comfortable it will work itself out. More than anything the guitar player needs to start standing out as the lead guitar player since Brad isn't doing the live shows. His stage presence still feels more like a temporary fill in than they permanent live guitarist.

Great to see some neglected live songs make the set list including some they had never performed live. Would have liked Valentines Day to make the list but understandable they might want to avoid the songs like that which people feel really took on new meaning.

Even crazier than that is that he thinks Mike is the one that had Chester killed off in order to replace him. Hence why in his rant against Emily he started going on about this actually being planned in 2017 in secret meetings between Mike and Emily. He has even come up with things like even if Chester did kill himself it was because Mike's lyrics were done intentionally to put those thoughts in his head and drive him to it.

As someone who's listened to Grey Daze and Dead By Sunrise, that last bit is hilarious.

Mike writes in intentionally hammer-over-the-head metaphor, but it's still a metaphor. His lyrics are like "The razor's edge, the vices swell, I'm trapped in a place that I made called hell,"

And Bennington was more "I'M GONNA SLIT MY WRISTS AND DO HEROIN~,"

NahaNago

I've got to disagree she doesn't sound that good to me in that video. Then again maybe I need to listen to some more old live linkin park. She sounds like she is struggling in some of those songs. They probably should have either went with a radically new voice or maybe had 2 singers, one for the hardcore screaming stuff and one for the gentler music.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I've got to disagree she doesn't sound that good to me in that video. Then again maybe I need to listen to some more old live linkin park. She sounds like she is struggling in some of those songs. They probably should have either went with a radically new voice or maybe had 2 singers, one for the hardcore screaming stuff and one for the gentler music.

If they simply renamed themselves it would be a million times more bearable and easier to swallow.

Play all new shit with some LP covers thrown in. Done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom