• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

Mine downloaded in 10 minutes flat. Reading now about the bricks but i already hit Install so there is no going back...Wish me luck GAF

I'm always amused by the mad rush to install the latest iOS update. Meanwhile in Android land it's a struggle to get the hardware manufacturers to allow updates to the current os.

fWh6nmwl.jpg

This is so useful

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
started the install process and i can't stop...

Please don't brick my phone please don't brick my phone

Tabris

Anyone try their update from iTunes when phone is in the bricked status? I'm downloading ios10 on my iTunes now so waiting now. I really hope I won't need to restore.

Can you guys getting the error state what devices you were installing on?
we need to start the wild speculation and guesses of what went wrong. XD

Edit: So far it looks like devices with the A9 processor are the ones getting affected.

ZeroX03

Banned
iPad upgrade successful.

iPhone currently 'bricked'. Says connect to iTunes. iTunes doesn't recognize it. It's very late and I'd rather sleep than figure this out.

ZeroX03

Banned
If it requires a restore, not even just a redo of the update through iTunes, my life is about to turn into a living hell

I just lost my phone backups from having to move around hard drives, not looking forward to that. Still have my library and stuff on iPad but it's not everything.

Seriously. My phone is a brick. This is what it felt like to live in 1995. I'm getting the jitters.

But really, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing that can be fixed easily. The phone literally won't do anything except say "Connect to iTunes."

icespide

Banned
from twitter "iOS 10 update appears to have bricked my phone 30 minutes before I need to head to the airport for an international flight. Wonderful"

why the fuck would you install something like this right before a flight like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom