• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
well fuck me, I'm glad I checked this thread because I had just started downloading the OTA update. Going to do it later at home instead.

Luschient

Started updating my 6S OTA before reading this, currently at "13 minutes left"...fuck it, gonna let it finish up and install.

giphy.gif

jwick

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what "bricked" actually means?

A bricked phone means one thing: your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a brick. A phone stuck in a boot loop is not bricked, nor is a phone that boots straight into recovery mode.

Source: The Internet

cchum

You don't need to Restore via iTunes, just select Upgrade option.

Cool thanks....update failed twice or maybe three times:

"The problem may be fixed by updating your iPhone, which preserves your settings and content. However, if updating doesn’t work, it may be necessary to click Restore, which erases all settings and content. If you backed up this iPhone to this computer or iCloud, you’ll be prompted to restore the backup onto the iPhone."

Fry

What is OTA update? lol

Nobody is updating it via iPhone itself?

I'm on iPhone 5S and I've got the option already. Just waiting to get home to my wifi to do it.

All these brick messages! haha

icespide

Banned
What is OTA update? lol

Nobody is updating it via iPhone itself?

I'm on iPhone 5S and I've got the option already. Just waiting to get home to my wifi to do it.

All these brick messages! haha

OTA update actually is updating via the phone

Estocolmo

Important question! I'm I have to go to bed in 2 hours and I need my phone for school tomorrow

I don't have a Mac computer in my home. Can I go to my friends house and use his itune to restore my iPhone? I tried to update the phone but now it just promts me to wire it to iTunes.

pbsapeer

Banned
downloaded 9.3.5 (or whatever version it said) on itunes and its installing to my 6s right now.
Guess we'll see what happens. cant say its not exciting / stressful

Ambitious

The new folder opening/closing animation is nauseating. When I close a folder, the blur effect is reduced in a continuous way, but in the end the effect is removed abruptely. It's jarring.

pbsapeer

Banned
Okay so used the update on itunes (after i got the connect to itunes message) and i have my phone working again. If i go to update it brings up iOS10 so its good. havent lost any data or apps from what i can see

Tabris

Does anyone know what "bricked" actually means?

Sure, it's not truly bricked because you have an option. But there are users out there that have an iPhone but don't have a computer, so they have to take it in or give it to a friend to fix, so essentially like it's bricked.

Kurdel

Banned
A bricked phone means one thing: your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a brick. A phone stuck in a boot loop is not bricked, nor is a phone that boots straight into recovery mode.

Source: The Internet

Yeah, bricking has always meant a one way street to paperweight status.

This is forcing an iTunes install, hardly bricking.

Sure, it's not truly bricked because you have an option. But there are users out there that have an iPhone but don't have a computer, so they have to take it in or give it to a friend to fix, so essentially like it's bricked.

Ouf yeah didn't think about those people.

Apple Store will be even more insane for the next days.

Kabuto

My iPhone 6S+ won't connect to iTunes :(

In my Device Manager, under Other devices it has two Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode), but I can't update the drivers from there. What more can I dooo

Now it keeps saying Unable to connect to iCloud Music Library. Apple...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I went through OTA and got through the black screen with apple logo and progress bar, and now it's just black. Anyone have similar issues?

Edit: Nvm all good, after I just held the power button on.

cchum

Ok what do I do now...update failed through iTunes...trying a restore, but nothing's happening. Downgrade or something?

jts

...hate me...
Sorry guys. Must be the hammered servers dishing out corrupted updates, but the phone should always verify the update.

One of the reasons I prefer to always install the GM as soon as possible is avoid the public release shitshow. Glad I did. Installed OTA in 2 phones with no issues.

KingKong

I can already tell that its gonna take a while to get used to hitting the home button instead of swiping to open the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom