• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchum

iTunes ain't recognizing the phone (got that message twice now) and I have no idea how long it will be "downloading software"....this ain't good.

fWh6nmwl.jpg

This is so useful

It's super cool honestly. Also, it looks gorgeous.

A decent amount of apps that have updated in the past day have added a widget to the icon if you 3D Touch on it. Pretty handy indeed.

pbsapeer

Banned
ive connected to itunes and got the option of "update to iOS 9.5.1" or "restore iPhone"
it says its downloading the old iOS but i dont have a status bar or anything....

EDIT Just seen the download button top right of itunes (shows how often i use it)

Estocolmo

Please help me. I spilled tea on my Mac 2 weeks ago and the computer doesn't work. Waiting to buy the new MacBook Air in October.

Now I updated my iPhone 6S and it wants me to connect to iTunes. How do I fix this?

PS. I have a Mac computer that belongs to my dad. Should I use that?

TK-421

Stole this from MacRumors

NOTES
What's happening?
The OTA update version might be corrupted. The update will download completely, verify prior to install, go into the Apple update screen, then crash into the "Plug into iTunes" screen. The update bar went as far as about 75% - 80%.

Who is affected?
So far, only iPad Pros, iPhone 6S / S+ and iPhone SEs have complained of corrupt installs. All of those who have complained used OTA updates, so it may affect more.

What do I do?
1.) DO NOT USE OTA UPDATES - it's the most common culprit in the bunch. Avoid it like the plague.
2.) IF YOU ARE UPDATING, USE USB + iTUNES. Those who have been successful have used the iTunes download. Slower, but working.
3.) IF YOU ARE BRICKED - Plug into iTunes and use "Update" to clear out your problem. You don't need to do a full restore, thankfully. I've done a simple update and everything worked swimmingly.

pbsapeer

Banned
phone just disconnected and reconnected. told me to download iOS again and says it cant re download as its already downloading. WELP says its in "recovery mode"

yodandy

Stole this from MacRumors

NOTES
What's happening?
The OTA update version might be corrupted. The update will download completely, verify prior to install, go into the Apple update screen, then crash into the "Plug into iTunes" screen. The update bar went as far as about 75% - 80%.

Who is affected?
So far, only iPad Pros, iPhone 6S / S+ and iPhone SEs have complained of corrupt installs. All of those who have complained used OTA updates, so it may affect more.

What do I do?
1.) DO NOT USE OTA UPDATES - it's the most common culprit in the bunch. Avoid it like the plague.
2.) IF YOU ARE UPDATING, USE USB + iTUNES. Those who have been successful have used the iTunes download. Slower, but working.
3.) IF YOU ARE BRICKED - Plug into iTunes and use "Update" to clear out your problem. You don't need to do a full restore, thankfully. I've done a simple update and everything worked swimmingly.

Thanks, trying #3 right now. Ridiculous.

ZeroX03

Banned

iTunes isn't recognizing my phone *shrug*

Tabris

Man I used to remember when trying to download iOS updates via iTunes on launch day was a constant string of errors for hours before finally getting it through.

Apple has definitely improved that.

lol, I can't believe the timing of me saying this :O

Even if I choose "restore" from itunes, that doesn't work either. It tries to download some version of ios9 and the errors out from that. There is literally no solution.

Update your iTunes to fix this.

It's still downloading the update for me OTA, but it's almost done.

I don't remember, does it install right away or does it ask you to verify?

Dany

Banned
What I love most about a new iOS coming out is all the app updates! Feels like devs hold back their updates until the new iOS comes out.

epmode

Oh good, I was able to stop my update before it finished downloading.

To do it, turn off wifi and cellular (if you have it), go to Settings > General > Storage and iCloud usage > Manage storage, find iOS 10, delete it, hard reboot the device

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
i think i have the latest version... but its not an option atm, do you mean with a bricked phone?
Unless you updated today, you don't have the most recent one.

iTunes with iOS 10 support just dropped today. If your phone is not updating, download iTunes today, then plug your phone into your computer.

neshcom

Banned
Anyone having connectivity issues with iCloud Music Library on desktop iTunes? Is the iOS update so huge that it's affecting AMusic? :(

subrock

What I love most about a new iOS coming out is all the app updates! Feels like devs hold back their updates until the new iOS comes out.

We can't really submit updates until a week before, so it's not really holding back as much as it is getting them in as soon as possible.

Enco

i think i have the latest version... but its not an option atm, do you mean with a bricked phone?
I updated iTunes on my desktop and then when it prompted me to update my phone it said to 10.0.1

Download is slow as hell though. What a waste...

TK-421

Update: My iPhone 6S bricked OTA, but as per my post above, after connecting to iTunes and reinstalling my phone is back to normal.

Whew! Backing up now and never installing another OTA update again first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom