• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

Anyone having issues installing this to an iPad 2? Beta1 ran fine, installed the OTA update and now its booting up over and over, with the occasional kernel panic text:

"AppleBCMWLANCore::start(): No baseband monitor, failed to write vendor ID property into registry"

is the only one I've managed to catch. Kinda weird seeing console text being output directly onto the iPad screen! I've tried restoring back to beta 1 and reapplying the OTA update but I get the same results every time. I probably should just go post on the developer forum I guess..

Yussss my biggest annoyance with iOS6 Beta 1 has been fixed:

FIXED: Users may notice that the key clicking sounds are skipped during fast typing.

That was killing me, having only every 3rd-4th key making a sound.

Cr0wn0

Maps in beta 2 are night and day in AZ. I also really like how it will slideshow pictures in the info screen. I also noticed a decent speed improvement on my iPhone 4. Sparrow still has issues, but honestly the new mail is decent enough for now. App store now has the updates tab in the middle now, I don't think it was that way previous beta.

My question for those of you that have Facebook turned on do I have to sync contacts and all that crap? I noticed a few weeks ago that it would constantly ask me to post apps on Facebook when i was browsing the app store. Is that still the case? Can I turn that off?

Yussss my biggest annoyance with iOS6 Beta 1 has been fixed:

FIXED: Users may notice that the key clicking sounds are skipped during fast typing.

That was killing me, having only every 3rd-4th key making a sound.

People who type a lot leave this on? Seems like it would get annoying if you type a lot and fast.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I honestly don't know what he is talking about. looks the exact same to me.

The menu isn't a drawer anymore and looks different from what I remember:
X5vwg.jpg

Epix

So is this animated Settings icon the first dynamic icon from Apple? Is it setting the stage for true dynamic live icons in the future?

People who type a lot leave this on? Seems like it would get annoying if you type a lot and fast.

Fo sure I leave it on. It helps me with the fast typing, especially when I'm typing without looking at the screen.

My phone's usually on silent if I'm doing a lot of texting/emailing etc., so as to not drive my coworkers insane. But whenever I'm alone, those sweet sweet clicking sounds just do things to me.

So is this animated Settings icon the first dynamic icon from Apple? Is it setting the stage for true dynamic live icons in the future?

I'm fairly sure it was only inside the Settings app that the cogs/gears were rotating, and only during the update. Mine weren't rotating on the springboard/home screen.

numble

Did you actually try click run? It crashes to the home screen for me. Tried disabling the count down and reset my phone twice. iPhone 4

Oh, I'm on iPhone 4S. I tried a basic run and jogged 0.1 miles. It logged it and did everything like before.

I actually had trouble with the old version (Nike+GPS, prior to UI/name revamp) on beta 1 (it didn't announce progress over the music mid-run).

Oh, I'm on iPhone 4S. I tried a basic run and jogged 0.1 miles. It logged it and did everything like before.

I actually had trouble with the old version (Nike+GPS, prior to UI/name revamp) on beta 1 (it didn't announce progress over the music mid-run).

Hopefully nike releases something. May try deleting and try re-downloading.

giga

Some more info about Passbook.

- It'll automatically increase the brightness to help with barcode readers.
- They're supporting three types of 2D barcodes--PDF417, Aztec, and QR. 2D barcodes contain rectangles, dots, geometric patterns, etc. They recommend PDF417 because it's horizontal and uses less vertical space so it's friendlier for layouts.

Aztec:

xURQi.png

PDF417:

tkpz4.png

1D barcodes (parallel lines--like a UPC) aren't supported because they're hard to scan on LCDs.

200px-UPC_A.svg.png

- There's five different pass styles. Coupons (perforated edge), store cards, boarding pass, event tickets (semicircle cut), and generic. In that order:

JMOYD.png

numble

On beta 2, Passbook is no longer a blank app for me, but now Mail somehow has associated the .pkpass Passbook cards with Goodreader, and not Passbook.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If I can put all my gift cards in Passbook, that'd be neat. Gift cards take up too much space in my wallet.

Top Bottom