• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Noema

iTunes 11.1 is a-go.

[hipster]Finally I can sync my obscure 70s Salsa playlists back to my phone [/hipster]

in the GM release-many users were reporting that there were significant performance issues with iOS 7 on the iPad 3. Can anyone confirm that this is occurring for them?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna update until much later. Too much traffic going on for the next couple of days.

AzerPhire

I was on the last iOS7 beta. Both iTunes and the phone are telling me I have the latest version. Is there something specific I have to do to get off the beta and onto the final release?

Phreaker

10 minutes left > error > restart > error > restart > 1 hour left

Fuck.

That's what happened to me (iPad). It seemed it was more than 50% done when it failed. Took a few tries for me to get it download again, not it was about 1hr. At least I already had it on my phone.

Enco

in the GM release-many users were reporting that there were significant performance issues with iOS 7 on the iPad 3. Can anyone confirm that this is occurring for them?
Closing apps is slightly jittery, changing a wallpaper is bugged up and takes 30 seconds and dragging down to get the search box is laggy.

Wonko_C

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question: Any way to manually download this update to my computer and install from there via iTunes?

Currently biding my time updating more apps... Updated like 6 on Monday, 20 yesterday and about 10 today so far.

Still getting errors whenever I check for the update on my phone.

Noema

I was on the last iOS7 beta. Both iTunes and the phone are telling me I have the latest version. Is there something specific I have to do to get off the beta and onto the final release?

The Beta is on a different update channel. You'll need to manually install the .ipsw file via iTunes to update your device.

Stupid question...Say I never updated to iOS6 and still have 5. Can I go from 5 to 7 or do I need 6?

I don't know if you can do an OTA update from 5 to 7, but I'm pretty sure you can update via iTunes just fine.

Talon

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question: Any way to manually download this update to my computer and install from there via iTunes?
Connect your phone to iTunes. Then click the "Check for Update" button within iTunes.
Stupid question...Say I never updated to iOS6 and still have 5. Can I go from 5 to 7 or do I need 6?
Not sure. If you go to Check for Update through iTunes (as I recall, over the air updates were an iOS 6 feature), it will take care of you.

Is it safer to update via itunes than just wi-fi? Or does it not matter?

Also, it says that itunes 11.1 is out yet, on apples site it only show me 11.0.5 :(

Anyone?

RDreamer

Anyone know how well it runs on an iPhone 4? Gonna pick up a 5s, but I kinda wanna play around with it before that.

Found something by accident the other day that I haven't seen reported... I was texting back-and-forth, playing with the new "physics" in Messages when I grabbed the bubbles and pulled to the left. Doing so revealed individual timestamps for each message! Neat. Overdue feature.

Absolutely in love with iOS 7 in the week I've used it. I'm playing with my iPhone 5 like it's brand new... and the thrash metal station I created in iTunes Radio kicks the crap out of any other station I've created in Pandora. Listened for hours, have yet to hear a song that wasn't thrash (and didn't rock). Seems like a small thing but Pandora, even with tuning, would always deviate for me.

Midas

Any way to update from a 7.0 beta to full version without a full restore? Don't have wifi right now and don't want to mess with downloading things manually after update (can't use cloud back up without wifi.)

kaskade

Any site keeping track of any redesigned apps? I'm curious how they are looking. Plus it should hold me over until I get my 5s.

Weenerz

Banned
Anyone have a link to the ipad 3 wifi ispw? My ipad is 6.1 jailbreak and itunes is giving me permissions issues, so I was going to do a manual restore.

Noema

Servers are getting hammered.

I felt a great disturbance in Apple's DataCenters, as if millions of devices suddenly wanted to update their OS, in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

I fear something terrible has happened.

problem with ios7... can't really use dark mobile gaf no more.

wish there was a dark theme for ios7. i guess ill have to wait until winterboarders get on it.

Ninja Dom

Yeah, update to iTunes 11.1, plug in your iOS device and press update. iOS 7 will download to your comp and then update your device.

Chuckl3s

The Beta is on a different update channel. You'll need to manually install the .ipsw file via iTunes to update your device.

I don't know if you can do an OTA update from 5 to 7, but I'm pretty sure you can update via iTunes just fine.

Connect your phone to iTunes. Then click the "Check for Update" button within iTunes.

Not sure. If you go to Check for Update through iTunes (as I recall, over the air updates were an iOS 6 feature), it will take care of you.

Thanks. I might wait to get home and do it via iTunes.

Anyone know how well it runs on an iPhone 4? Gonna pick up a 5s, but I kinda wanna play around with it before that.

I want to know this too.

985boi

Downloaded for a couple of minutes and then error out, damnit!

Looks like I'm gonna wait it out till late in the night.

Top Bottom