• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Mairu

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5

I don't really care about the jb tweaks at the moment but if I can avoid having to start fresh and just upgrade I think I'd rather do that - what's the best way to update? Backup to iCloud & then restore from iCloud after updating to iOS 7?

Anyone? D:

aktham

Quick question: In iOS7, can I disable touching the top of the screen and getting the Notification Center? That's one of the most annoying things when playing games on my iPhone.

PatzCU

I am about to enter a world of two dimensions.

Where things are exactly as they seem.

A world devoid of mystery and character.

I am entering; The Jony Ive Zone.

Deku Tree

I've been running this for over a week.

The iTunes 11.1 Beta 2 became the final version of iTunes 11.1.

I have iTunes 11.1b48 (48) and it tells me that I have the latest version.

Also there is no 4S update for the GM.

Nevasleep

Stolen from twitter, Akamai CDN
ny2iuAF.png

Doffen

Little did Doffen know that his iPod Thouch 4th generation wouldn't be allowed to update.
It was the beginning of the end for his iPod.

"Damn you, Apple".

You can't even update non wirelessly through iTunes on a PC! ffs?

I got the latest iTunes (11.1), reinstalled it just in case. Then I checked for update for my phone/tablet in iTunes and it says its the latest version 6.3. wtf?

Even the biggest companies in the world can't pull something like this off smoothly.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Holy shit, I didn't know today was the day. This is a pretty big deal considering how much time I spend staring at my phone. I like what I've seen aside from what they did to Gamecenter. Maybe Safari will no longer be drastically inferior to other mobile browsers.

Looks like the d/l will run 15-20 minutes unless things go sour.

Jinroh

Even after reinstalling itunes 11.1 it still doesn't recognize my 4S. And now each time I connect my phone with the USB cable it asks me to trust my computer.

Apple, seriously...

zigg

I've been running this for over a week.

The iTunes 11.1 Beta 2 became the final version of iTunes 11.1.
No, it didn't. There's a new Apps view for iOS devices that actually supports the iOS 7 folders and such.

Source: me, who just downloaded iTunes 11.1 from Apple today.

I have iTunes 11.1b48 (48) and it tells me that I have the latest version.
Someone had mentioned something about a beta channel earlier in this thread or the other one. I think you need to go production.

Also there is no 4S update for the GM.
For any device. The GM is supposed to be the final release.

Le-mo

You can't even update non wirelessly through iTunes on a PC! ffs?

I got the latest iTunes (11.1), reinstalled it just in case. Then I checked for update for my phone/tablet in iTunes and it says its the latest version 6.3. wtf?

Even the biggest companies in the world can't pull something like this off smoothly.
Yep, I can't find the update either.

Robbler

Banned
Glad that Chrome was updated. Since I still use a PC for games I use Chrome to synch between my PC, main iMac desktop, MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad. Really didn't want to go back to Safari on the mobiles.

Deku Tree

No, it didn't. There's a new Apps view for iOS devices that actually supports the iOS 7 folders and such.

Source: me, who just downloaded iTunes 11.1 from Apple today.

Someone had mentioned something about a beta channel earlier in this thread or the other one. I think you need to go production.

For any device. The GM is supposed to be the final release.

Supposedly MacRumors says there is a 7.0.1 update for the 5s and the 5c. But they are not out yet...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I updated my iTunes and have my 5 plugged in, yet when I click Check for Update, it says there's no update available. Did I miss something?

5amshift

Banned
I didn't update to 6.13 so maybe that's why I'm not getting an update to iOS7? Updating to 6.13 now, then seeing if it'll prompt me in iTunes to update to 7.

Top Bottom