• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, quick noob question here.

So I downloaded the latest issue of Game Informer on my iPad for the first time ever which means it's the first time I ever used Newsstand.

From the top I picked a review so it jumped me to that page automatically. Now I'm stuck there lol, how do I get back to the table of content? I don't want to swipe left for 5min to get back to page 1 lol.

MasLegio

Banned
I have gone tired of Pocket Informant not handling sync properly and constantly deleting events so I need a better calendar app.

I do not want a ultra simplistic calendar for mentaly challenged people but a semi-advanced calendar that can handle recurring events and allow me to set recurring events on various weekdays on a weekly repeat. I also want to be able to tag events and colour code them depending on the tag. I want the app to be universal and be able to access google calendar and be able to select among multiple calendars I have on my google account

dsister44

Ok, since Evernote occasionally eats my class notes. I was getting pretty agitated with it, but was willing to give it one last chance. But now it seemed that Evernote was hacked... So I'm looking for a new note taking app. Is the MS one worth the money?

muddream

Banned

A8rXTra.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Am I not already doing this with the Google app + Siri changed to Google Now jailbreak tweak I have..?

I thought this was already a thing.

I have that too, that is just google voice search. Thing is going to be super powered once it adds Now.

My App Store seems to be broken on my iPhone 4. Update screen doesn't load anything. I can see it saying theres 6 updates with the icon though. Tried a few solutions I saw on the web but none worked. My phone is vanilla (never jailbroken).

Ah well... I'm only keeping this thing until either the S4, Nexus 5 or iPhone 5S/6 come out anyway.

Quick

Banned
My App Store seems to be broken on my iPhone 4. Update screen doesn't load anything. I can see it saying theres 6 updates with the icon though. Tried a few solutions I saw on the web but none worked. My phone is vanilla (never jailbroken).

Ah well... I'm only keeping this thing until either the S4, Nexus 5 or iPhone 5S/6 come out anyway.

Same thing happened in my iPad. It worked after I left it closed for a few minutes.

Same thing happened in my iPad. It worked after I left it closed for a few minutes.

Its been broken for a few days now. I've closed and restarted the app, rebooted, reset my network settings, changed my language settings, turned off location services (basically read all the solutions on the net and tried them). I'll leave it closed for a few minutes and try I guess.

It seems as though its affected a few people. I see at least a dozen posts on twitter in the last few days about it. And searching around the net various people have been complaining about similar problems since iOS6 was released.

edit: damn, closing for a few minutes worked. Thanks a bunch. What a weird problem.

Quick

Banned
Its been broken for a few days now. I've closed and restarted the app, rebooted, reset my network settings, changed my language settings, turned off location services (basically read all the solutions on the net and tried them). I'll leave it closed for a few minutes and try I guess.

It seems as though its affected a few people. I see at least a dozen posts on twitter in the last few days about it. And searching around the net various people have been complaining about similar problems since iOS6 was released.

edit: damn, closing for a few minutes worked. Thanks a bunch. What a weird problem.

I think it's just the App Store being terrible. Apple really screwed up with it, this happened before.

Quick

Banned
So, Dropbox acquired Mailbox.

Really hoping this means they open it up to other email services, and generally improve on the app.

Not that I process or archive a lot of emails, but it has its issues with searching and the ability to save drafts. Those are absolutely essential to have in an app.

That said, I'm actually liking Mailbox, and have made it my default email app.

So, Dropbox acquired Mailbox.

Really hoping this means they open it up to other email services, and generally improve on the app.

Not that I process or archive a lot of emails, but it has its issues with searching and the ability to save drafts. Those are absolutely essential to have in an app.

That said, I'm actually liking Mailbox, and have made it my default email app.
I finally got my reserved slot opened up, and every time I enter my Gmail information, it gives me a "Failed to Authorize" message.

Great first impression.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just got into Mailbox and its intuitive and all, very list and to-do centric (which doesn't necessarily apply to all emails you may get), but damn it's confusing as hell.

What happens when I archive something? What happens to my email in my regular Gmail? I use both Gmail on PCs and, less frequently, use mail on my phone and I'm kinda scared I'm going to stash something away I'd just rather keep all in one place on PCs.

Quick

Banned
I just got into Mailbox and its intuitive and all, very list and to-do centric (which doesn't necessarily apply to all emails you may get), but damn it's confusing as hell.

What happens when I archive something? What happens to my email in my regular Gmail? I use both Gmail on PCs and, less frequently, use mail on my phone and I'm kinda scared I'm going to stash something away I'd just rather keep all in one place on PCs.

Just checked mine, it goes into the "Important" folder on Gmail.

Talon

Archiving does the exact same thing it does in Gmail, it's out of your Inbox, but it's under All Mal.

Talon

Oh dear. So which is it? Cause I don't want it to just archive ALL of my mail under important, but I wouldn't have a problem if it went under all mail really.
It goes to All Mail. I don't know what Quick is talking about.

If you use the "Later" function in Mailbox, then it goes to Important until whatever time you set - that's when it returns to your Inbox.

Quick

Banned
It goes to All Mail. I don't know what Quick is talking about.

If you use the "Later" function in Mailbox, then it goes to Important until whatever time you set - that's when it returns to your Inbox.

Maybe our Gmail accounts are configured differently, but archiving mail that I got put it in Important on Gmail.

All Mail displays, well, all your mail from different folders into one. That includes mail in Important.

giga

Podcasts 1.2. RIP tape deck :(

• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes
• Choose whether your stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode
• Your stations are stored in iCloud and kept up-to-date on all of your devices
• Create an On-The-Go playlist with your own list of episodes
• Playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the Podcasts app

• The Now Playing view has been redesigned with easier to use playback controls
• Addressed an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app
• Additional performance and stability improvements

Before/after:

podcasts2.jpg

Zzoram

What's the best iOS app for tracking grocery prices? I'm looking for something that will let me enter the regular and sale price of items at multiple stores so I can compare them and know when a sale is actually a good deal.

KtSlime

I actually really liked the tape deck :(

But onward and forward with iveOS!

I think the changes look flat, uninspired, and colorless. Color-sidebar-fanatics should be having a hissy fit whenever iveOS finally gets released.

Oh well, it works and hopefully this update finally will make my podcasts sync up.

Top Bottom