• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2015 | Beware the IAPs of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

awp69

So is anyone else playing .Decluster or Blokshot? Those two have been my latest addictions even if I suck at them both (even playing on easy is quite hard in the case of .Decluster.)

PittaGAF

pitta 123k? wtf

Yesssssssssssss!!!!
:)

That moment when you pass all your friends markers!!!

I even stupidity died, could have gone further if not for keeping a chain active.

Elders are damn difficult after a bit.

I'm stuck at level 35 tough, can't understand what the game want from me as middle achievement (fly 50 meters with wing suit on 'proximity'?).

Andy C83

Neo Member
So is anyone else playing .Decluster or Blokshot? Those two have been my latest addictions even if I suck at them both (even playing on easy is quite hard in the case of .Decluster.)

Yeah I'm playing both. I'm not great at .Decluster but it's a heck of a lot of fun. My best score on Easy is 11.7 million, starting from Stage 1 and losing all of my lives on Stage 3. More practice needed.

Here's a video of my best score so far in Blokshot Revolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hsOQ5GOVRk

PittaGAF

Fly close to the ground.

Yeah, just did it and came here to post.
Found out by luck, never noticed you 'moved snow' when close.
In the italian version they use the same words of the blue feather thing....so I tried (for a week) to fly with the wing suit when with that power.

Level 36, here I come.

TheExodu5

Banned
yep I am still playing it :)

and my 6 year old DS loves it, he is constantly playing it

Yeah, I've been playing it daily since before Christmas.
Also stuck now at the last wall, grinding for Jaqulin. Don't know if I'll have the patience to get it, but so far I keep playing. :D
I've some decent artifacts, but I'm missing Tincturer of the maker and Drunken Hammer before even considering a serious grinding for the last hero.

It's a shame that the tournaments in the iOS version are bugged at the moment. There's an update waiting at Apple for approval.

Heh, glad to hear I'm not the only sap playing it.

I did spend a bit of money on it early on to ensure I got some critical artifacts. I'm pretty much set now and am just grinding for Jaqulin. I've got:

- Crafter's Elixir
- Crown Egg
- Knight's Shield
- Chest of Contentment
- Hero's Thrust
- Tincture of the Maker
- Barbarian's Mettle
- Death Seeker
- Drunken Hammer
- Axe of Resolution
- Overseer's Lotion
- Future's Fortune
- Ring of Wondrous Charm
- Undead Aura
- Parchment of Importance
- Worldly Illuminator
- Saintly Shield
- Dark Cloak of Life
- Ogre's Gauntlet

I have permanent Shadow Clone now, which makes grinding a lot more enjoyable. Tap a button every 5 minutes, and I only need to worry about upgrading heroes every now and then. I'm at +36k% damage now, so I should be able to hit Jaqulin after another 10 prestiges or so, hopefully.

If I'm lucky maybe I'll get all 30 weapons after a few more tournaments. I wasn't too lucky on the weekend for the first iOS tournament...only got 6th place since places 1-5 were all level 1300+ and I can only make level 1230 or so.

FerranMG

I did spend a bit of money on it early on to ensure I got some critical artifacts. I'm pretty much set now and am just grinding for Jaqulin. I've got:

I salvaged Drunken Hammer very early in the game. Back then, the heroes were making most of my damage by far, and I thought tap damage would not be that important.
Of course, after level 200 or 300, tap damage is the only non-trivial source of damage. :/

I still haven't gotten Drunken Hammer back, and salvaging my crap artifacts costs me now like 1000 diamonds.
I have only one way: forward. :D

I'm currently hitting a wall around level 1115. My next artifact costs 16000 relics, and I'm making around 7000 of them per prestige.

I hope to get a weapon for Chester or Mohacas, and Drunken Hammer or Tincturer of the Maker soon.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Kudos Zynga, Drop7 got an update that re-added a "classic" look to the game. Theres also an ad removing IAP for those that weren't grandfathered in from before.

GWX

Kudos Zynga, Drop7 got an update that re-added a "classic" look to the game. Theres also an ad removing IAP for those that weren't grandfathered in from before.

Classic's animations are so slow, though. Slower than Eighty-Eight even :(

RustyO

Anyone playing Pirate Legends? I know Tower Defense Games are kind of old news, but this game is actually really good. The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay is addictive and has some neat innovations.

Played it a while back, year or two ago, thought it was ok, 3-starred everything, no IAP's needed. Some potentially offensive caricatures...

I think overall, I just found it a little too short and sweet, with a focus on IAPs, especially around your limited special powers.

Was expecting / thinking there would be more levels, as I found (expected?) that there really wasn't quite enough levels as there could have been...

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Guns and violence are back on the App Store it seems. A few weeks back outlets were running stories on App Store game submissions failing or being forced to change icons, screenshots, and previews.

We resubmitted our violent preview for Into the Dead (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/into-the-dead/id535609266?mt=8) that was previously rejected, and it was approved just fine today. And as far as violence and guns go, it is up there.

Guns and violence are back on the App Store it seems. A few weeks back outlets were running stories on App Store game submissions failing or being forced to change icons, screenshots, and previews.

We resubmitted our violent preview for Into the Dead (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/into-the-dead/id535609266?mt=8) that was previously rejected, and it was approved just fine today. And as far as violence and guns go, it is up there.
Weird how Apple shifts like that

Good thing though, hopefully that means Party Hard won't get rejected because it looks awesome. A little bit of Hotline Miami, a little bit of Hitman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z6wpgmc8o

GWX

Backlash probably got them to change back. Very weird misstep on their part, though.

awp69

So looking like a Paper Monsters Recut and Dungeon Hunter 5 are tonight's main releases? Anything else of note?

Probably a good thing if it's slow, I grabbed Ori for Xbox One last night and, wow, what an amazing game.

Corgi

Banned
So I know Mario and some folks have or know people with iOS sdk. What CAN you do with apple watch atm? From reading around and the conference it seems like there could be watch only apps/games you get from the apple watch app on ios 8.2. Seems like you can also basically develop extensions to your iphone apps as well?

Is there anything stopping people from writing watchface apps atm?

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
So I know Mario and some folks have or know people with iOS sdk. What CAN you do with apple watch atm? From reading around and the conference it seems like there could be watch only apps/games you get from the apple watch app on ios 8.2. Seems like you can also basically develop extensions to your iphone apps as well?

Is there anything stopping people from writing watchface apps atm?

There's no access to the typical graphics APIs; animations are limited to flipbook presentations of static images, which realistically need to be preloaded rather than streamed over bluetooth from the phone. This more or less rules out say, a sweeping second hand (though people are clever)

Corgi

Banned
There's no access to the typical graphics APIs; animations are limited to flipbook presentations of static images, which realistically need to be preloaded rather than streamed over bluetooth from the phone. This more or less rules out say, a sweeping second hand (though people are clever)

Do you have access to Siri diction api or w/e the microphone on the keyboard is called? a watch app for popular 3rd party messaging apps (fb messenger/weichat/whats app) could really sell the whole watch concept imo

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Do you have access to Siri diction api or w/e the microphone on the keyboard is called? a watch app for popular 3rd party messaging apps (fb messenger/weichat/whats app) could really sell the whole watch concept imo

The problem is that there is no direct access to dictation (even on the phone); it just shows up on the keyboard if certain variables (hardware, language, iOS version) are met, then you can insert a hook into your code to catch the parsed output text. The watch doesn't even have a keyboard. You can get Siri by pushing the crown, but again third-party access so far is at best indirect and hacky (like using Siri to text IFTTT, which then triggers your wifi cat feeder or whatever).

okno

I'm sure I' late to the party, but Lastronaut and Rad Boarding are awwwwesommmme.

Been on a cruise for the last week and a half with spotty at best wifi, so wasnt able to download anything until now. Great little time wasters.

Andy C83

Neo Member
TA has reviewed Blokshot Revolution and Shaun has given the game 5/5

"Blokshot Revolution is one of those brilliant titles that finds a central mechanic that feels good and runs all the way home with it. It's exciting, tense, and has a great learning curve that keeps it fresh well beyond what you might expect from its somewhat simple premise. It takes skill, quick thinking, and a keen eye to win, and I love that your inevitable losses never feel unfair. You can always see things well enough ahead of time that you know you could have done something differently and survived. While it's a bit threadbare in terms of options, play modes, and that sort of thing, it also doesn't need any of it. What's here is simply divine all on its own."

Full review: http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/11/blokshot-revolution-review/

Any recommendations for games in the style of Metal Slug Defense or Army of Darkness Defense? I've completely cleared out both games, and I'm looking for something similar.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Yes. We have a watch game in preproduction that actually specifically needs a sweeping hand (funnily enough) and will need a clever solution.

Corgi

Banned
man must suck to be app store content creator atm. Game of War probably lost half a million dollars with the system down so far.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
man must suck to be app store content creator atm. Game of War probably lost half a million dollars with the system down so far.

Yeah, not fun. Would be even worse if you were releasing an app today (with today being the usual weekday to release things).

Wonder if we'll establish what the problem actually is/was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom