• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

demented

I built a new PC and I'm gonna install itunes soon but I'm worried I might lose all my shit when I sync, like it will delete installed apps, or worse like 30+ gb of comics and hunderds of books of my ipad, what should I do? Should I just sync and backup as usual and it will create new files or what?

Gonna quote for new page, really need help with this because I don't want to lose my stuff and I need to connect it so I can transfer some stuff.

Ashhong

Gonna quote for new page, really need help with this because I don't want to lose my stuff and I need to connect it so I can transfer some stuff.

For my iPhone I usually just copy over the entire iTunes folder that contains the library file, media files, etc etc and it's ok...

Blackhead

Redarse
Well this isn't the right or best thread for that question. Try here: iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

For my iPhone I usually just copy over the entire iTunes folder that contains the library file, media files, etc etc and it's ok...
Transferring your iTunes Library | iLounge

Which is the best website to follow new jailbreak tweaks?
iDownloadBlog (reviews)
/r/Jailbreak (requests)

the followup to Elite HD, probably one of the more popular winterboard themes is out on cydia ($4).

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/821485-elite-6-suit-tie-affair.html

ss1ie.png

ss6r.png

Looks quite good.

Epix

I'm trying to use "Favorite Contacts" tweak for the notification center but the icons are showing up without contact photos (even though the contacts all have photos). Any ideas what's going on?

Pachimari

Message Box is finally available on the web, and soon cydia.

It lets you use Facebook chat heads anywhere on the system.

Velox is also coming out next week. It makes all apps widget-like.

This is HUGE guys.

MilkLizard

Yes, iTunes will always verify the OS with Apple and if it isn't the current version of iOS, it won't install it.

This. It's stupid but it is what it is until someone finds a way to use the SHSH blops again. So make sure to always save them using Tinyumbrella even if they are useless at the moment.

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit.

Does that borrow it's idea from anything else (like Android) or is it a totally original idea? That's insane.

Epix

Here's what I'm rocking right now...

Typo5 Lockscreen
image.png

7 rows, icons 30% bigger, no labels (Springtomize)
image.png

Notification Center - Favorite Contacts, NC Settings, Springtomize
image.png

Pachimari

Message Box got an update. It can now make use of the pushing from the Facebook app to save battery.

BiteSMS 7.5 is out publicly but 7.6 beta will be out shortly with Text Heads.

Also, Emphasize is out and does almost the same as Accentify but for free.

Shaneus

That's weird... the app description says "As Accentify now has most of these features...", which is weird, because the dates on the updates screen for it are from the last few days.

Pachimari

Isn't there a tweak that will put a light indicator on those apps on the springboard which are open? Not just on the dock.

Also, those "text heads" for biteSMS are disappointing. They're just quick composed from the Notification Center.

Shaneus

Oh yeah, I was just thinking that if you were looking for something specifically for your iPad, it'd be to play it on the go, where taking something like a PS3 controller would be rather unwieldly.

There's PSX4all, but from what I can gather that hasn't been updated for quite a while. Don't know about any others.

I know a PSP emulator has just been released that's supposed to run pretty well, so you might be able to emulate a hacked version of that to play PSX ISOs via that?

Blackhead

Redarse
Velox is out now!

Why are we not more active in this thread?

Not as many jailbreakers anymore I fear :/
Sidenote: would it be stupid to choose a jailbroken iPhone 4 over a locked iPhone 5?

Does Velox work with the new Google Search/Google Now? That could be a killer feature

Pachimari

Sidenote: would it be stupid to choose a jailbroken iPhone 4 over a locked iPhone 5?

Does Velox work with the new Google Search/Google Now? That could be a killer feature
Just tested. Doesn't work with the Google app. In fact Velox doesn't work with a lot of apps.

It's just useful for phone and music.

Because there isn't anything really interesting to do with jailbreaks. For phones it's always the same 5 or 10 apps and on the iPad it's even less. I have f.lux, something that makes Dolphin the default browser and split mail. Auxo doesn't work on the iPad and I can't seem to find anything else that's interesting.

Jailbreaking is pretty boring.

And yes, take the iPhone 5. It's a much better phone all around.

linkboy

Velox is out now!

Why are we not more active in this thread?

Because it's not as popular as it used to be. For me, I only jailbreak my iDevices to fix the stupid shit that Apple restricts (changing default apps, Nitrous so my apps don't run like shit, and Bitesms).

Pachimari

Jailbreaking is still very much popular. In fact better quality tweaks are coming out now the. years ago. It's only here on NeoGAF I see a lack of interest. There's so many smaller useful tweaks as well.

I used to only use a few select ones but there's a lot of great tweaks now.

Ashhong

Hopefully somebody here can help me out. I installed a keyboard through cydia using the colorkeyboard app. However it understandably does not support Korean keys. So, when I press the globe icon to switch keyboard to Korean, it just shows the default English letters. I have to guess where the Korean letter is, which is extremely difficult.

Anyway, I don't care how the Korean keys look. Is there anyway to put even the default theme layout for Korean into this keyboard package? Does that make sense?

Rasec

Hopefully somebody here can help me out. I installed a keyboard through cydia using the colorkeyboard app. However it understandably does not support Korean keys. So, when I press the globe icon to switch keyboard to Korean, it just shows the default English letters. I have to guess where the Korean letter is, which is extremely difficult.

Anyway, I don't care how the Korean keys look. Is there anyway to put even the default theme layout for Korean into this keyboard package? Does that make sense?
I think that's a little too much for my jailbreak knowledge.
You can try to regist yourself on the modmyi foruns and see if they can help you with that.

Also tried velox but didn't see so helpful but on other hand the tweak grabby came out yesterday and i like it a lot.
Nice you can use the camera grabber to lauch other apps without needing to unlock the phone.

Looks like this on my iphone when you select the camera grabber.

Pachimari

Guys, I installed a tweak yesterday but I had to do a hard reset as it got stuck and now I can't watch videos on my iPhone 5 at all.

What can I do to fix it? :(

RedShift

Guys, I installed a tweak yesterday but I had to do a hard reset as it got stuck and now I can't watch videos on my iPhone 5 at all.

What can I do to fix it? :(

You've uninstalled the tweak right? What tweak was it?

If that hasn't fixed it boot your phone while holding the volume buttons to boot without any tweaks, and see if the problem persists.

Pachimari

You've uninstalled the tweak right? What tweak was it?

If that hasn't fixed it boot your phone while holding the volume buttons to boot without any tweaks, and see if the problem persists.
Yeah, I held up the Up volume button at boot some minutes ago and it helped. Thanks anyway! :)

Top Bottom