• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

You can pay him directly via his website: http://www.explusalpha.com/home/funding/one-time

He'll flag your Cydia account so you'll be able to download the ones you purchase (and any updates) via Cydia. I've purchased 3 over the past couple of weeks and ran into zero problems. It might take him some time to flag your account, but I never had to wait more than 24 hours.

And the native PS3 controller support (no need for blutrol!) in his recent release is outstanding.

You can pay him directly via his website: http://www.explusalpha.com/home/funding/one-time

He'll flag your Cydia account so you'll be able to download the ones you purchase (and any updates) via Cydia. I've purchased 3 over the past couple of weeks and ran into zero problems. It might take him some time to flag your account, but I never had to wait more than 24 hours.

And the native PS3 controller support (no need for blutrol!) in his recent release is outstanding.

Yeah, I could tell by the free SNES one. Thanks, I'll get on it.

Oh sweet, didn't realise there was a free one to try out. PS3 controller support for SNES is perfect. Hopefully it runs okay on both my 4S and iPad 3.

It runs absolutely perfect on my iPad 3, so you should be completely fine.

Never tried it on the iPhone, though.

The Chef

I'm so sick of paying $160+ a month on my bill.
Have two iPhone out of contract and I heard you can unlock and get a new SIM card or something for a lot cheaper? Not sure I fully understand.
Are there any good options?
We pretty much use like 10 minutes a month :/

andycapps

Any way to go back to stock without restoring from iTunes? I'm at work and my power/sleep button has quit working so I need to take it to Apple store to get a new one.

iLLmAtlc

Any way to go back to stock without restoring from iTunes? I'm at work and my power/sleep button has quit working so I need to take it to Apple store to get a new one.

Don't think so, but whatever you do do not use the reset settings function on your phone. This is likely to lead to the skinning wheel of death and without a working sleep button it would be a nightmare.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So... did anyone drop their jailbreaks for iOS7 beta? Happiness or regrets?

I may pick up a 5S when it's released (on a 4 now) but probably won't lose my jailbreak right now. BiteSMS is really useful and iOS7's going to be pretty buggy for a while. No point in upgrading until at least when the GM is released, especially when a lot of the features aren't available on the 4, or in my country (UK).

Blackhead

Redarse
I may pick up a 5S when it's released (on a 4 now) but probably won't lose my jailbreak right now. BiteSMS is really useful and iOS7's going to be pretty buggy for a while. No point in upgrading until at least when the GM is released, especially when a lot of the features aren't available on the 4, or in my country (UK).

I was planning on getting an iPad to test the iOS 7 but there's not even an firmware for that yet. :/
Kinda underwhelmed to be honest, there's little added there that my jailbroken iPhone doesn't already do and I prefer the Flaticons theme I've installed to Ive's changes.

Edit: How to Get iOS 7 Features On iOS 6.x [on Jailbroken iPhone]

Pachimari

I'm actually considering dropping my jailbreak for the iOS 7 beta but I just love BiteSMS too much. Yet with the jailbreak my battery is really plummeting and many times it won't turn on if I'm not doing a hard reset. Really not safe if I suddenly one day need it for emergency.

I would have installe iOS 7 on my iPad Mini but as said, it's not out for iPad yet.

I really love the iOS 7 interface and the small little features it has.

kennah

I'm trying to drop mine for ios7 if I can get a friend to let me in. Really most of what I use is ncsettings anyway. Though the cursor moving utility is handy too.

mooooose

Nitrous is the only tweak I miss on my phone.

On my iPad, I'd miss Retina Pad and FullForce as well, but iOS 7 has been a pretty good experience and in general I'd rather be on the latest iOS than jailbroken and old.

djblue89

I just switched to iOS 7 and now I have 5 apps that won't delete. These apps are not under my apple ID and now I just want to remove the apps but when I hold down on the app and click on the X to delete nothing happens it just stays there.

Any help ?

I recovered my iCloud backup since I don't want to lose all my stuff. Hopefully there is something that I could do to get rid of these apps, like I can't even buy the app legit to download it since I says that it's already downloading.

Shaneus

I just switched to iOS 7 and now I have 5 apps that won't delete. These apps are not under my apple ID and now I just want to remove the apps but when I hold down on the app and click on the X to delete nothing happens it just stays there.

Any help ?

I recovered my iCloud backup since I don't want to lose all my stuff. Hopefully there is something that I could do to get rid of these apps, like I can't even buy the app legit to download it since I says that it's already downloading.
Wrong thread?

So... did anyone drop their jailbreaks for iOS7 beta? Happiness or regrets?

I did. The only thing I really miss is being able to adjust the animation speed. For the most part all I needed my jailbreak for was SB Settings. I do miss being able to bring up the multitask menu with a gesture, but overall I'm pretty content right now.

I have a quick question for iPhone GAF, my contract extension is due this week and I plan to go from a iPhone 4 to a 4S (the 300€ extra for a iPhone 5 aren't worth it for me D: ) though as a avid jailbreaker, how high are the chances that the new 4S will come with 6.1.3 preinstalled? Is there maybe a way I can see this with the serial-number on the box? I doubt they will let me check before they sell it to me :p

Thanks for help in advance!

Banglish

Guys! I need help unlocking my iphone -_-
I have a 3g with firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 06.15.00.
When I try to install ultrasn0w it says the following , "Cannot comply, the requested mods cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically fixed or found"

Then beneath it it says, " Depends iOS Firmware>= 3.0"

So because I'm on firmware higher than 3 I can't use ultrasn0w?
And if so, is there any known work around?

iLLmAtlc

Guys! I need help unlocking my iphone -_-
I have a 3g with firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 06.15.00.
When I try to install ultrasn0w it says the following , "Cannot comply, the requested mods cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically fixed or found"

Then beneath it it says, " Depends iOS Firmware>= 3.0"

So because I'm on firmware higher than 3 I can't use ultrasn0w?
And if so, is there any known work around?

Ultrasnow should still be compatible with that firmware, I've tried it with a 3G. Have you tried updating your ultrasnow version? Open up cydia, go to changes and let it update to see if there's a newer version available.

Also do you know about the downgraded normal baseband? It's literally better than the ipad one in every way and there's no downside.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-do...05.13.04-baseband-for-unlock-and-working-gps/

If you can't fix you should just do a fresh restore, install 06.15.00 then follow the guide to goto 05.13.04

Banglish

Ultrasnow should still be compatible with that firmware, I've tried it with a 3G. Have you tried updating your ultrasnow version? Open up cydia, go to changes and let it update to see if there's a newer version available.

Also do you know about the downgraded normal baseband? It's literally better than the ipad one in every way and there's no downside.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-do...05.13.04-baseband-for-unlock-and-working-gps/

If you can't fix you should just do a fresh restore, install 06.15.00 then follow the guide to goto 05.13.04

I was able to install ultrasn0w using your method (through "changes") but it still didn't unlock the carrier. I'm a bit confused though, if I were to do a restore through itunes its saying it will update to the latest firmware.. so I don't think I can jailbreak if I'm at iOS 5 or 6.. can I? What is the latest firmware I can update to on my 3g and still be able to jailbreak and unlock it?

iLLmAtlc

I was able to install ultrasn0w using your method (through "changes") but it still didn't unlock the carrier. I'm a bit confused though, if I were to do a restore through itunes its saying it will update to the latest firmware.. so I don't think I can jailbreak if I'm at iOS 5 or 6.. can I? What is the latest firmware I can update to on my 3g and still be able to jailbreak and unlock it?

4.2.1 is the latest apple supported Ipsw for 3G so you will never be updated to 5 or 6. 4.2.1's baseband is permanently susceptible to the 06.15.00 exploit which is also permanently downgradable to 05.13.04 using redsnow.

At this point it's really not worth it to troubleshoot. Back up everything and just do a restore. Please post here if you need further instructions. Restore by downloading the Ipsw (shift + restore) and not using update just to be on the safe side.

sorry for the necro

I'm currently between roads, I have my 4S at 6.1.2

I want it at 6.1.2 because I can jailbreak it, but for some reason my iPhone keeps getting kicked off my wi-fi. no other internet connected device in my house does this.

I want to update it to 6.1.3 to see if I can solve this issue that way.

Is there a way that I could like create a "jailbreak tunnel" between versions?

iLLmAtlc

sorry for the necro

I'm currently between roads, I have my 4S at 6.1.2

I want it at 6.1.2 because I can jailbreak it, but for some reason my iPhone keeps getting kicked off my wi-fi. no other internet connected device in my house does this.

I want to update it to 6.1.3 to see if I can solve this issue that way.

Is there a way that I could like create a "jailbreak tunnel" between versions?

There is no way. Does it happen in public wifi too? If not, it might not be your phone's problem.

Have you tried a hard reset with your phone? Hold home + sleep while its on until it turns off and you see the apple logo. This usually fixes a lot of bugs.

Also please don't try the reset settings function on your phone because it will lead to the spinning wheel of death.

iLLmAtlc

Which program am I supposed to do this in? Itunes or redsn0w?
I have the 4.2.1 ispw and redsn0w 0.9.6b6 downloaded.

do it in itunes.

remember when you goto install the 05.13.04 baseband later that you must "select" the 4.2.1 IPSW in redsn0w before proceeding. the newest version of redsn0w doesn't give you a warning if you don't and if you proceed without "selecting" the IPSW it's probably not going to downgrade successfully.

Banglish

do it in itunes.

remember when you goto install the 05.13.04 baseband later that you must "select" the 4.2.1 IPSW in redsn0w before proceeding. the newest version of redsn0w doesn't give you a warning if you don't and if you proceed without "selecting" the IPSW it's probably not going to downgrade successfully.

Just want to confirm one last thing, which version of redsn0w should I use? The latest? Or is 0.9.6b6 fine?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
While not technically a jailbreak, There is now a way to get Plex on your ATV3. Not sure if this really belongs here or in another thread, Figured some of you might have a use for it!

It's called plex connect and it essentially acts as an in between for your ATV3 and Plex server by tricking the trailer app.

It's not going to be the most pretty thing you have ever seen, But it certainly works. I streamed some 1080p content to my ATV3 and it was just about flawless. A few audio glitches but they were hardly noticable.

http://elan.plexapp.com/2013/06/04/introducing-plexconnect-an-appletv-client-which-thinks-different/

Banglish

If it has the 06.15.00 exploit and "downgrade iPad baseband" function available it will be fine.

While restoring I got an error. I used shift+restore to select the ispw as you said then restored, but when it was almost done it stopped and I got error 1015.. am I screwed?

iLLmAtlc

While restoring I got an error. I used shift+restore to select the ispw as you said then restored, but when it was almost done it stopped and I got error 1015.. am I screwed?

Hmm that's weird. Does this help?

http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/15865/update-iphone-3g-with-baseband-61500

Sounds like the 06.15.00 baseband caused this problem. If ireb or tiny umbrella can't get you out, you should try going into pwned dfu mode with redsnow and restoring in iTunes again. If that doesn't work:

you should create a no baseband (custom) 4.2.1 Ipsw with redsn0w, go into pwned dfu mode in redsnow and restore in iTunes:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=18932

Banglish

Hmm that's weird. Does this help?

http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/15865/update-iphone-3g-with-baseband-61500

Sounds like the 06.15.00 baseband caused this problem. If ireb or tiny umbrella can't get you out, you should try going into pwned dfu mode with redsnow and restoring in iTunes again. If that doesn't work:

you should create a no baseband (custom) 4.2.1 Ipsw with redsn0w, go into pwned dfu mode in redsnow and restore in iTunes:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=18932

Hmm I seem to be stuck in recovery mode.

I just bought an iPhone 5, that seems to have been siting on the shelf for some time, since it's still on 6.0.1. Tried to upgrade to 6.1.2 but iTunes gives me a 3194 error code. Google says that's because Apple is not signing it anymore.

Is there anything I can do to upgrade it to 6.1.2 if I want it jailbroken? Would it be possible to jailbreak it under 6.0.1 and then perform the upgrade somehow?

Thanks.

iLLmAtlc

I just bought an iPhone 5, that seems to have been siting on the shelf for some time, since it's still on 6.0.1. Tried to upgrade to 6.1.2 but iTunes gives me a 3194 error code. Google says that's because Apple is not signing it anymore.

Is there anything I can do to upgrade it to 6.1.2 if I want it jailbroken? Would it be possible to jailbreak it under 6.0.1 and then perform the upgrade somehow?

Thanks.

No way to get to 6.1.2. There are very few ntoiceable differences between the two versions if any, I'd just be happy about getting a phone that supports an untethered jb this late in the phone's life cycle!

No way to get to 6.1.2. There are very few ntoiceable differences between the two versions if any, I'd just be happy about getting a phone that supports an untethered jb this late in the phone's life cycle!

I see then. Will I have to forfeit my 6.1.2 iPhone 4 backup then or is there a workaround? (as it is now, iTunes won't let me perform a 6.1.2 restore on a 6.0.1 phone).

iLLmAtlc

As in sacrificing the possibility of restoring my iPhone 4 6.1.2 backup in the jailbroken 6.0.1 iPhone 5.

Oh I'm not sure if there's a way to restore that back up, maybe someone can chime in?

Ps do u know u can still save your iphone 4 6.1.2 shsh blob so you can always restore to that version? Maybe might not as useful now that u have iphone 5, but it's pretty cool to have a "bulletproof" ios 6 version. You can so t with the dump blobs function on iFaith.

I want to unlock my iphone currently on ios 6.1 with jailbreak. Is there anyway to do it without losing the jb? I know I gotta "restore" the iphone to do an unlock via pay sites.

So my 5s lock button has taken a shit. It takes 7-10 presses to lock the screen now which would be more annoying if not for activator being able to assign the lock function to something else. I took it to the apple store and they want to replace the phone, which is ultimately what I want to do before it is out of warrantee anyway.

What I'm wondering is will I get a replacement with the latest ios which will prevent me from re jail breaking. Also I heard you can not unlock apple replacement iPhones for some odd reason(says the eBay iPhone unlockers). Which sucks because I want to do just that before o go to Japan for six months.

Any advice?

I have a jailbreaked Ipad, and been meaning to do a factory reset. Is there a special procedure that I gotta follow? I just gotta do it like a normal restore and run it from settings on the ipad or itunes? Will the ipad still be jailbreaked after the restore?

asdad123

Has anyone here used a GPP sim unlock?

My friend is selling a sprint 4s that I would like to get for my dad but he's on AT&T. Just wondering if it works well.

iLLmAtlc

I have a jailbreaked Ipad, and been meaning to do a factory reset. Is there a special procedure that I gotta follow? I just gotta do it like a normal restore and run it from settings on the ipad or itunes? Will the ipad still be jailbreaked after the restore?

No do not use the reset settings function on your phone. It will lead to the spinning wheel of death.

If you want to wipe your phone there's really no choice but to do a restore through iTunes but you will lose your jailbreak, likely until ios 7 because apple forces you to restore to the latest version and the evasi0n people are not likely not working on ios 6 anymore.

Why do you want to do it anyway?

No do not use the reset settings function on your phone. It will lead to the spinning wheel of death.

If you want to wipe your phone there's really no choice but to do a restore through iTunes but you will lose your jailbreak, likely until ios 7 because apple forces you to restore to the latest version and the evasi0n people are not likely not working on ios 6 anymore.

Why do you want to do it anyway?

Thanx for your reply. The reason I want to restore is because my battery is draining like crazy, I use my ipad lightly, check fb throughout the day, Imessage, and maybe read a bit here and there, with a tv episode at night, I'd go without charging for 3 days and I"d rarely hit the 40%. It had been a while since I updated my cydia extensions, anyway, I did an update all like 3 days ago, and ever since the battery just drains like crazy, I can start the day with a full charge and not even 4 hours after being unplugged from the power source it hits 30%. It's a third generation Ipad, it has never given me any problems till now ;/

iLLmAtlc

Thanx for your reply. The reason I want to restore is because my battery is draining like crazy, I use my ipad lightly, check fb throughout the day, Imessage, and maybe read a bit here and there, with a tv episode at night, I'd go without charging for 3 days and I"d rarely hit the 40%. It had been a while since I updated my cydia extensions, anyway, I did an update all like 3 days ago, and ever since the battery just drains like crazy, I can start the day with a full charge and not even 4 hours after being unplugged from the power source it hits 30%. It's a third generation Ipad, it has never given me any problems till now ;/

Oh in that case we could probably troubleshoot it a bit. Do you have a lot? You could do something like remove a bunch you could live without and see whether performance improves.

Or you can try doing a hard reset (hold sleep + home while your iPad is on). My phone kept turning off by itself for a while and this hard reset fixed it, no joke. So it's worth a try but for you it sounds like it's a tweak/extension causing your issues.

Oh in that case we could probably troubleshoot it a bit. Do you have a lot? You could do something like remove a bunch you could live without and see whether performance improves.

Or you can try doing a hard reset (hold sleep + home while your iPad is on). My phone kept turning off by itself for a while and this hard reset fixed it, no joke. So it's worth a try but for you it sounds like it's a tweak/extension causing your issues.

I don't have that many extension, 12 at most. I'm gonna try the hard reset, first, if not I'll just uninstall all extension and install one by one and see which one is the problem.

Thanx for the help!!

Tain

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5. I've reformatted my PC since jailbreaking so iTunes is saying I need to "erase and sync" if I want to manage music again. Will that only erase the music? Or do I need to worry about my apps?

Top Bottom