• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Umm iPhone GAF I wondered, is there any program and tweak combination that will send notifications to my Windows PC? It doesn't even have to be specific just something that tells me "Hey something happened on your phone!" I ask because I constantly miss the one or other message if I sit at my PC with my headset on :/

I didn't notice that Auxo for the iPad was out. It looks and works great, except that it seems to use a lot of memory. I get constant app and page reloads on my iPad 4.

Shaneus

I didn't notice that Auxo for the iPad was out. It looks and works great, except that it seems to use a lot of memory. I get constant app and page reloads on my iPad 4.
Same reason I uninstalled it from my 4S. It's great for what it is, but if you actually need to switch between more than two apps and have them stay live, you're screwed.

the3ye

Is there any tweak in Cydia that would hide specific apps from switcher?
I don't want cydia, winterboard, music, etc to be there. MultiCleaner has an option to "hide app from bar" but it doesn't work on iOS6+ :/

Shaneus

Things looking... better... for 6.1.3 jailbreak!
iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Untethered Jailbreak: Update and ETA

Few days back, iH8sn0w, developer of jailbreak tools such as Sn0wbreeze had confirmed that a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 was indeed in the works.

If you have been waiting for the iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak, then we’ve another update for you.

iH8sn0w reports that he has got the kernel dump for all the iPads running iOS 6.1.2. He explains why the kernel dump for iOS 6.1.2 was needed:

The 6.1.2 kernel dumps are crucial for locating specific functions within the kernel that are static between iOS 6.1.x kernel builds. This means functions such as “_START” within the kernel, are located at the same location in 6.1.2 kernels and 6.1.3 kernels.

So, why do we need these? Simple. We need some static offsets for functions within the 6.1.2 kernel to utilize them in the 6.1.3 kernel, and dump the actual 6.1.3 kernel.

They now need the kernel dump for the iPad running iOS 6.1.3 to make the untethered binary for the iPads. The untethered binary is ready for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and iPhone 5.

The 6.1.3 kernel is more essential as some kexts such as the sandbox kext, signature check kexts [AMFI], etc, are not static and tend to shift its location on every recompile.

If you’ve an iPad running iOS 6.1.3 then please head over to iH8sn0w’s blog for the instructions on how you can help.

It also looks like there is quite a bit of work to be done so don’t expect the iOS 6.1.3 untethered jailbreak to be released anytime soon.

ETA for it is before 2014. When release is close, we’ll tweet it. (Please don’t bother tweeting asking for an ETA/progress).

Gaaraz

Sorry, I meant if/when it is released, could I upgrade? I've never been able to update to anything other than the latest iOS version before

Shaneus

Agreed. Why are they wasting their time jailbreaking old versions of iOS?
Because they're waiting for a major point release of iOS7? No point in releasing a JB for something that doesn't have any significant bugfixes... especially for something as major as iOS7.

Also, they want to make sure that any JB they release for iOS6.1.3+ doesn't burn any bridges in jailbreaking iOS7. I'd say they probably have a few practically ready to go, but what's the point when 7.1 isn't out yet?

Anyone know a good alternative to swiftunlocks for a USA AT&T iPhone? Ive used them in the past a few times without any problems but they do not seem to offer AT&T iphone unlocks anymore for some reason.

I looked on ebay and people are charging like $50 - $60 for an unlock which seems crazy to me since its only ever cost me a few dollars on swiftunlocks

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think I might leave team jailbreak for awhile... iOS7 is calling.

Do I need to manually uninstall jailbreak tweaks or the jailbreak itself, or can I just update through iTunes to official iOS7 and call it a day?

iLLmAtlc

Guys not sure how late I am to this party but the tweak CancelUpdate is awesome, allows you to cancel the individual app updates.

kennah

Anyone else make the jump from Jailbreak 6.1 to 7? I don't use any software, and just have a few tweaks like ncsettings, flux, and some of the annoyance reduction things so I don't get as many pop ups. Seems like most of what I want is included in IOS 7 anyway.

Shaneus

Well, I'm not sure who called it (everyone but me?), but not only is the Unthreaded domain site down (and has been for some time) but now their Twitter account has as well. Not that it matters anymore.

Anyone else make the jump from Jailbreak 6.1 to 7? I don't use any software, and just have a few tweaks like ncsettings, flux, and some of the annoyance reduction things so I don't get as many pop ups. Seems like most of what I want is included in IOS 7 anyway.

i agree for most part but damn i miss bitesms badly, being able to reply to texts from the lock screen was an amazing convenience!

kennah

i agree for most part but damn i miss bitesms badly, being able to reply to texts from the lock screen was an amazing convenience!
Went ahead and did it. Sure miss the disabling of Shake to undo and being able to move the cursor. But otherwise pretty happy so far.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
i think iOS 7 gets rid of the need for a lot of jailbreak tweaks. I do not miss zephyr with the new app switcher, but I do miss my SMS quick reply tweak called Messages

Zephyr is so much more efficient than clickibg the home button to swtich apps or go back to home screen. Not sure how it woll be implemented now that buttom swipe pulls up a drawer. Perhaps left and right swip

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The wait for this jailbreak is excruciating :( I check every day for meager, meaningless updates.

Doubting even within 2013 at this point. They've sort-of hinted at it both making it by the end of the year and not making it.

Shaneus

The wait for this jailbreak is excruciating :( I check every day for meager, meaningless updates.

Doubting even within 2013 at this point. They've sort-of hinted at it both making it by the end of the year and not making it.
I'm doubting it too. I initially thought they would have a 6.1.x j/b out already but apparently the new ones they've found are also available in 7, so they haven't released them. I know it's free etc., but it's frustrating the living fuck out of me. I want my iPad 3 jailbroken, damnit :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Evasi0n just released their 7.x jailbreak!

Just announced over twitter:

Untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4, Windows and Mac versions available at http://evasi0n.com/

Shaneus

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Any mention of iOS 6.whatever?

Anyone here able to inform a guy about the performance of iOS7 vs. 6 on older (4S, iPad 3) devices?

Blackhead

Redarse
Untethered, does that mean I don't have to jailbreak it every time it runs out of battery?

cmon, you have 194 posts in this thread, should be past the noob questions by now lol

Edit:

UEkTObu.png

GzfeqBg.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've gone from jailbroken on 6.1, restored to 7.0.4 and jailbroken again and have no problems, so i'm sure it's alright. Might have to do a few updates/etc when things settle down going by saurik's tweet so you could always wait a week or two if you like.

Z..

Great... now PKG Backup isn't working, it says I have to update it but I can't. Hooray for fucking boobies.

Shaneus

I had a feeling about that... I know some apps have taken ages for new iOS jailbreaks, hence my hesitation.

Although having said that, given my iPad 3 is only on 6.1.3 and unjailbroken, I wouldn't really be missing much by upgrading. Do we know why evad3rs didn't wait for 7.1? I assume that's not too far off...

PS. Can anyone explain this to me? Does that mean Cydia is not available for the evas0n exploit? Or just an iOS7-compatible one?
And he's sided with another team? I had no idea there were others...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm doing it and it's a lot smoother than iOS 6 with jailbreak and tweaks was. Although now I'm jailbroken on iOS 7 none of the tweaks I've tried seem to be doing anything. Might just take time for stuff to update I suppose, unless something's just not worked on my end.
Edit: top of page'd. I'm talking about iOS 7 on an iPhone 4.

Top Bottom