• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I keep getting Hash Sum mismatch when I finally download something.

WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can I do anything cool with jailbreak while Cydia downloading can't work for shit?

For iPad, not Phone.

HTuran

Nice to get things back looking how they should!
j5iSNlHlbQ3xW.PNG
Going to try out Auxo and TetherMe next.

pacman85

PDANet is NOT compatible with iOS6 and it will deactivate your phone.

MyWi is the only working tethering option, atm.

Thanks for the info. So it appears MyWi is $20 and TetherMe is $5. Has anyone had experience with either one of these on AT&T's network using an unlimited data plan? Will AT&T catch on to tethering with either/both of these as long as I don't go crazy with the amount of data?

Pachimari

Also just successfully downloaded Activator and NowNow. Wow, I can hold down Home button for Siri and double click Home button for Google Now and then use Zephyr for multitasking when it will let me download. Got iFile as well.

TheContact

Is there some kind of extension that makes icons be in rows of 5 instead of 4? I used to use Fivelrows but it looks like it's not compatible with ios6

Pachimari

I think either Shrink or Springtomize 2 can handle that? I'm not sure, have been a long time since I were on the jailbreak-scene.

A lot of BigBoss tweaks seem to be downloadable now. I'm downloading a lot of stuff now.

TheContact

Whats that tweak called?

Winterboard with the defaults (Remove Icon Labels, Transparent Dock) and some No Dock Reflections extension from Cydia.

this?

Although I didn't see Remove Icon Labels in my Winterboard.

Edit: It's called No Undocked Icon Lables =x doh, there's one for docked too.

I think either Shrink or Springtomize 2 can handle that? I'm not sure, have been a long time since I were on the jailbreak-scene.

A lot of BigBoss tweaks seem to be downloadable now. I'm downloading a lot of stuff now.

I was able to get it to work with Iconoclasm

jediyoshi

Took a bunch of tries, winterboard finally installed. Probably just going to try again later to download the rest of the stuff I want which'll probably just be ncsettings and typophone for now

edit: looks like it's all sol now

Thanks for the info. So it appears MyWi is $20 and TetherMe is $5. Has anyone had experience with either one of these on AT&T's network using an unlimited data plan? Will AT&T catch on to tethering with either/both of these as long as I don't go crazy with the amount of data?

I used PDANet for a long time on my unlimited plan. Never had any problems, but I rarely needed to use it, so I was under the radar. As long as you're not using heavy data while tethering, you'll be fine.

I think i just found a bug. After restarting my iPhone5 the Weather app stopped working (it crashes immediately). Email push notifications don't seem to be working either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ashhong

Shrink doesn't work with Auxo apparently.

Also, everybody else update the jailbreak? I don't know what it did but there was an update available in Cydia..

andycapps

So, I did a restore to wipe to factory settings, then I did the jailbreak, phone started up and I did the restore from iTunes backup that I did prior, got an error that my phone wasn't compatible about halfway through, so then it got stuck. Tried to restart and got stuck there so I had to go into recovery and then wipe again, so then when that was done I restored from iCloud. Now I can't find cydia anywhere. Help?

I guess maybe I should just run the program again, but all my apps are installing now, I assume all the reboots would mess that up.

jediyoshi

So, I did a restore to wipe to factory settings, then I did the jailbreak, phone started up and I did the restore from iTunes backup that I did prior, got an error that my phone wasn't compatible about halfway through, so then it got stuck. Tried to restart and got stuck there so I had to go into recovery and then wipe again, so then when that was done I restored from iCloud. Now I can't find cydia anywhere. Help?.

Wouldn't restoring from backup after jailbreaking undo the whole process? Why'd you wipe before doing the jailbreak?

Ashhong

So, I did a restore to wipe to factory settings, then I did the jailbreak, phone started up and I did the restore from iTunes backup that I did prior, got an error that my phone wasn't compatible about halfway through, so then it got stuck. Tried to restart and got stuck there so I had to go into recovery and then wipe again, so then when that was done I restored from iCloud. Now I can't find cydia anywhere. Help?

I guess maybe I should just run the program again, but all my apps are installing now, I assume all the reboots would mess that up.

Start over. Wipe your phone, restore from backup, THEN jailbreak it.

Kunohara

Ok, got another question, I just really want to make sure my first jailbrake goes smoothly and that I am able to restore the phone if needed.

So I downloaded the ipsw file for 6.1. Since I updated via OTA, if I ever need to go back to 6.1, I can just let itunes point to that file. I don't need to do a restore on itunes and point it to the ipsw file BEFORE jailbraking? I just want to make sure I don't need to do that, and I can just jailbrake with OTA, and restore with the ipsw file.

I hope that made sense.

andycapps

Wouldn't restoring from backup after jailbreaking undo the whole process? Why'd you wipe before doing the jailbreak?
I guess I have no clue what I'm doing. I had read something that it was best to jail break a device that had been wiped. Seems like I need to let the restore completely finish and then do the jailbreak again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After approximately 5 hours of trying over and over and over to download jailbreak apps, so far I have:

Activator
Infinidock
Mobile Substrate
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NowNow
OpenSSH
ToggleSSH

My tip to those like me who like torturing themselves: download as many elements independently as you can. Start with Mobile Substrate since it seems to hold up many other downloads that require it, then Activator/Preference loader, and then proceed to downloads with the smallest file sizes first, to avoid timeouts and give you the biggest chance your requests will go through in whatever lucky short window Cydia gives you.

EDIT: Just got Winterboard :D

Shrink doesn't work with Auxo apparently.

Also, everybody else update the jailbreak? I don't know what it did but there was an update available in Cydia..
I did. No idea what it does though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol. I don't know why you guys don't just wait a day.
May as well let it search in class inbetween taking notes! Also getting a ride home I didn't have jack shit to do.

After spending entire days trying to jailbreak in the past because I fucked something up, this is genuinely pleasurable!

Plus Cydia seems to be getting better as the day goes on.

Several hours later, all of the packages downloaded in Cydia and I was able to download Activator.

I've been trying to download SBsettings all day too, but to no avail.

TheContact

After approximately 5 hours of trying over and over and over to download jailbreak apps, so far I have:

Activator
Infinidock
Mobile Substrate
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NowNow
OpenSSH
ToggleSSH

My tip to those like me who like torturing themselves: download as many elements independently as you can. Start with Mobile Substrate since it seems to hold up many other downloads that require it, then Activator/Preference loader, and then proceed to downloads with the smallest file sizes first, to avoid timeouts and give you the biggest chance your requests will go through in whatever lucky short window Cydia gives you.

EDIT: Just got Winterboard :D

I did. No idea what it does though.

I got most of them on my second or third try. It was Typophone Weather that took me about 20 tries..

I got Infinifolders, Winterboard, Typophone Weather, Iconoclasm, and Five Dock. Back to my old ios5 self.

NoLockScreen is buggy on the iPad 4. Waking up the device with the power button often unlocks the device and immediately turns it off or locks the device again. The home button works, but I want to avoid using it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All set up on my 3GS as far as I can tell. Loading the Cydia filesystem right now.

No clue what to look for that's good (and free) on Cydia.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I installed NCSettings but they're not showing up in the notification centre, what gives?

iPhone 5, 6.1 BTW.

Top Bottom