• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Ashhong

So, I just looked up payment methods for Cydia and all there is is Amazon or Paypal? That kind of blows.

I'd rather not deal with Paypal, and Amazon Payment isn't available for Canadians.

What's wrong with paypal? Super easy if all you are going to do is pay Cydia with it.

spink

ibnnIMVBryiH72.jpg

all is right with the world!!

Maybe I'll consider it, but I've heard enough bad things about them.

On another note, are we able to purchase apps on Cydia again?

Paypal usually only causes trouble when someone on the other end is trying to scam you, and even then it's usually only if you're selling things. You're perfectly fine using Paypal for Cydia.

I was able to access my account by just continuing to reload.

Yeah, it takes a long time but you can get there eventually.

Ashhong

Maybe I'll consider it, but I've heard enough bad things about them.

On another note, are we able to purchase apps on Cydia again?

Usually thats only in cases where disputes can happen. Something like Cydia where it's just going to act as your wallet you'll be fine.

123rl

So this is my first real jalbreak experience and I'm surprised how many mods require a payment. So if I wanted something like Intelliscreen how do I pay for it? What happens if I need to wipe my phone or restore it? Do I have to buy it again?

Same goes for BiteSMS. I downloaded it but didn't realise it's basically a trial version. Can I continue using it after the trial ends? Tbh I like the app so much I will probably pay for that one

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Did the evasion jailbreak. I'm using a 4s and updated ota 6.1.

So far everything running smooth. Did some simple tweaks.

8XA9yq5.jpg

gclKM4W.png

Quick

Banned
Any free tweaks/anything recommendations for iPhone and iPad?

This is like opening a treasure chest, and I don't know where to start.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any free tweaks/anything recommendations for iPhone and iPad?

This is like opening a treasure chest, and I don't know where to start.
BiteSMS
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NowNow
NCSettings
Webscrollian
SBSettings
Winterboard
%hooke's law (you must search with percent sign first)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So nice to have RetinaPad back and working on my mini.
Makes Google Maps so much nicer.

That's probably all I'll put on the iPad.

Ashhong

So this is my first real jalbreak experience and I'm surprised how many mods require a payment. So if I wanted something like Intelliscreen how do I pay for it? What happens if I need to wipe my phone or restore it? Do I have to buy it again?

Same goes for BiteSMS. I downloaded it but didn't realise it's basically a trial version. Can I continue using it after the trial ends? Tbh I like the app so much I will probably pay for that one

BiteSMS is a full program. They just have a little banner ad if you don't want to pay.

Does LiveClock work for anybody? It pushes my phone in Safe Mode until I uninstall it. Same with LiveWeather but Weather in general is broken so I can accept that.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Man... just the legit upgrade process alone is taking hours. 64gb of apps and music. :p

Shaneus

Payment is through Amazon or Paypal, but authorisation can be through either a Google or Facebook account. They're linked together, so if you, say, get a new phone, if you go to "Manage Account" on the main Cydia screen and login with the associated credentials (I've only used Google) it'll show you the items you've bought under your account and will let you download them again if you want.

They're not device-restrictive either, so there's no problem with you using the same account on an iPad and iPhone at the same time, for example (like I've done and can vouch for).

Ashhong

I noticed my Weather app stopped working. It'll launch then quickly quit. Has this happened to anyone else?

It's a known problem and is being worked on

edit: beaten

Anybody know a tweak to have an icon pop up on the top when the phone is in silence mode? Does SBSettings do that? I'll check..

Awakened

I noticed my Weather app stopped working. It'll launch then quickly quit. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, just noticed this on my 4s. That and the random hanging on the Apple logo when booting are the two problems I've seen so far.

Edit: Beaten as well. I figure the hanging problem must be known also...

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Got this lockscreen installed through ssh, which I saw on reddit. used my own background.. can't get rid of the time or anything at the top yet. have to wait until i can get springtomize 2 working :( oh and lockscreen notifications don't show up :( i'll fix it eventually..

Hela

I can't remember the name of a tweak that makes the sbsettings icons for notification centre smaller, any suggestions?

Also, multif0w is broken on 6.1.

Quick

Banned
Are there any other tweaks that lets Safari open the Google Maps app by default?

MapsOpener isn't working, unless I'm missing something.

BrowserChooser isn't working either.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Are there any other tweaks that lets Safari open the Google Maps app by default?

MapsOpener isn't working, unless I'm missing something.

BrowserChooser isn't working either.

Browser Changer does work. Use that.

BrowserChanger still works. So for those of you who want your e-mail and other links to open in a different browser, make sure to install this tweak.

edit: beaten.

linkboy

I upgraded to IOS 6 last night and now my internet is fucking up and iTunes won't connect. I'm currently stuck at the Connect to iTunes screen and I can't advance since my phone is activated.

Stupid crappy ass deployed internet that stupidly overpriced.

Shaneus

Not sure if people here are still trying or not, but I'm jailbreaking mine again (was a bit screwy, I suspect I restored something via PkgBackup that I shouldn't have) and Cydia's a shitload faster than it was before :)

Top Bottom