• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
How about a parenthesis with what each does :)

Trying to dl blutrol (map touch points on physical controller like iCade) now.

This. I'd appreciate it too :)

here:

My list so far, thanks for the suggestions guys:

- Auxo (Changes the app switcher completely. Allows you to Turn off wifi/3g/bt/etc, gives previews of apps, and other stuff)
- BiteSMS (Text messaging app with lots of extras)
- BiteSMS Black Retina (Changes icon from pink to black)
- NowNow (Changes Siri to Google Voice Search)
- FolderEnhancer (More features for your folders)
- FolderCloser (Closes folders after switching apps)
- Zephyr (Multitasking, allows you to switch apps by swiping left or right)
- Quick Reply for Viber (runs viber in the background ?)
- Activator (Open apps with specific gestures)
- Infinidock (Endless icons that you can scroll through on your dock)
- GPower Pro (Different ways of powering off your device)
- NoNewsIsGoodNews (Hide newsstand)
- NCSettings (Adjust many setttings through the notification center)
- f.lux (changes your screen to a warmer color)
- Shrink (reduces size of app icons)
- iFile (file browser)
- Barrel (3d cube effect when changing app pages)
- Nitrous (makes web browsing faster)
- Safari / Chrome Download Manager
- Bridge (import media files without itunes)
- SwipeSelection (easier method of selecting text)
- NowListening (Banner notification for "now playing" song)
- iCleaner (frees up space by deleting unused files)
- Camera Tweak (adds more options to the main camera app)
- Springtomize 2 (customize just about anything: dock, lockscreen, icons, folders, etc)
- Webscrollian (faster page scrolling)

Pachimari

Doesn't NowNow do so I can use Siri by holding in the Homw button and then I can open Google Now by for example double clicking the Home button?

Nice, I'll try jailbreaking this weekend as I need to back up my phone still.

Been a while since I've jailbroken my phone, but might as well since I'll be upgrading later this year.

plainr_

Someone else in the thread posted that it works fine with the OTA update.

It'll work fine but then you'd be sending a different SHSH blob generated by the OTA update (instead of the one generated by iTunes) to Cydia. That's why you should always avoid OTA updates so you can backup the correct blobs to the Cydia servers just in case you want to restore to the same iOS firmware in the future.

Espresso

Banned
Is it just me or is the App Store in iOS 6 worse than the previous version?

Edit: from planetbeing:

Yes, that's why I added the line on the website saying if it does get stuck, it's safe to force a hard reset. The kernel patching process is somewhat prone to that due to the nature of the exploit I chose to use (to hide a better one from Apple).
If things are still happening, Initializing offsets..., Finding offsets..., Patching kernel..., Cleaning up... should all blink gray every second. If it's stopped blinking, then it means nothing is actually happening. At this point, you can force a hard reboot and it should work fine on the next reboot. You can also wait for the watchdog timer to reboot the phone automatically after ~10 minutes. Either way is fine.

123rl

Do I need to pay for Auxo? Or pay for something that Auxo requires? It was coming up with an error message along those lines but I can't even get it to try and download now. The server is getting hammered

artist

Banned
Whats the battery life like after jailbreaking and adding a few tweaks?

Thats my ONLY concern, cause when I last jailbroke my iPhone (3G), the battery life went kaput.

Quick

Banned
I can't install anything from Cydia.

I'm getting

"NetDB: open nodename nor servname provided, or not known"

Guessing that's on Cydia's end and not mine?

kingocfs

Thats my ONLY concern, cause when I last jailbroke my iPhone (3G), the battery life went kaput.

That's what I'm waiting to hear about as well. Battery is already kind of shitty.

It entirely depends on what kind of tweaks you're installing as jailbreaking itself shouldn't change the battery life. It's usually pretty obvious to figure out which apps will kill your battery faster though.

toon_link

I'm wondering whether I should update to ios 6 and jailbreak. What benefits does it have versus 5.1.1 on iphone 4. If I install siri will I be able to use the features that were added on the iphone 5.

I guess for now I'll just make myself a list of all the tweaks I'll need to re download and jailbreak it this weekend or something

TheContact

got an error when updating to ios6, and it put my phone in recovery mode...so I tried using things like TinyUmbrella to get it out of restore mode but it just goes right back in there. Deterred, I just hit Restore through itunes but it's giving me an error (Iphone cannot be restored) unknown error occurred (11)

Can't do anything with my phone now. Shit.

(itunes is up to date)

got an error when updating to ios6, and it put my phone in recovery mode...so I tried using things like TinyUmbrella to get it out of restore mode but it just goes right back in there. Deterred, I just hit Restore through itunes but it's giving me an error (Iphone cannot be restored) unknown error occurred (11)

Can't do anything with my phone now. Shit.

(itunes is up to date)

Have you tried holding down the power and the home button?

Paradicia

I can't install anything from Cydia.

I'm getting

"NetDB: open nodename nor servname provided, or not known"

Guessing that's on Cydia's end and not mine?

Probably server overload just after the release of the jb :) I'm having similar problems.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Cydia is completely dead ATM. It won't even load the regular Cydia updates.

Also thanks to orangecaramel for adding those descriptions!

railGUN

Banned
My Dad has a 3GS that's carrier locked (to Telus). Will this jailbreak also unlock the phone so we can use a different SIM?

How do I transfer purchases to PC with this new iTunes, I haven't figured that out since the update.

It no longer does it automatically and I don't see a place to right click -> transfer purchases like before.

Edit: nm found it finally... What a stupid place to put such an important function.

I hate posts like this. Why don't you say what you did?

Top Bottom