• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

andycapps

For SBSettings, any way to get rid of the system info under notification pane? Also, any way to remove icons there or make them fit properly to screen?

Heard of people having this issue but mine works fine. Did you download the JB update in Cydia? I don't know if that fixes it but I downloaded it first thing so I don't know if my weather was ever broken.

I did, still crashes. Oh well. The notification center widget works so I'm good.

Gah. I have an awesome looking lock screen now but no matter what I download I can't get a tweak to remove the statusbar. So frustrating.

I'm pretty sure Springtomize can do that, but it has been causing trouble for some of us iPhone 5 users so I'd be careful until they update it.

By the way, are all apps in cydia compatible with iphone 5 ?

Cause the issue with SPringtomize made me think that they are not... Probably will wait for most of the good apps to be updated to iphone 5 in that case.

I'm pretty sure Springtomize can do that, but it has been causing trouble for some of us iPhone 5 users so I'd be careful until they update it.

I tried to buy it yesterday and I guess the purchasing is offline. I can log in via Facebook and then it asks me to add a device. After that, nothing. No place to add PayPal and the tweaks just say "install" at the top right then fail as it says I haven't purchased it.

After downloading about 4 tweaks that all say they remove the statusbar and don't work I'm a little sceptical about paying for an app that won't work either.

I guess it's only $3. When I can figure out how to buy it I'll probably try.

I tried to buy it yesterday and I guess the purchasing is offline. I can log in via Facebook and then it asks me to add a device. After that, nothing. No place to add PayPal and the tweaks just say "install" at the top right then fail as it says I haven't purchased it.

After downloading about 4 tweaks that all say they remove the statusbar and don't work I'm a little sceptical about paying for an app that won't work either.

I guess it's only $3. When I can figure out how to buy it I'll probably try.

Purchasing stuff has been a bit tough since the servers have been taking a beating but it's possible to do so now. Springtomize is a great app and definitely worth the money in my opinion but I'd wait for an update to iron out the iPhone 5 bugs

123rl

Really happy with some of the stuff so far but now I want to add some themes and change the UI. Anyone able to recommend a clear Notification Centre mod? I tried one but it isn't compatible with iOS 6

Mafro

Got this lockscreen installed through ssh, which I saw on reddit. used my own background.. can't get rid of the time or anything at the top yet. have to wait until i can get springtomize 2 working :( oh and lockscreen notifications don't show up :( i'll fix it eventually..
Do you have a link to the lockscreen you are using?

andycapps

Anybody use Handcent SMS for the quick reply functionality, but not for actual messaging? I'm wanting to use the stock app for my messages, but the Handcent app is still showing the badge of any unread messages. I want it to not show those. I went to Settings > Notifications > and turned badge off for Handcent yet it's still showing up.

I really don't want to buy biteSMS or irealSMS for $8+. That's ridiculous. $1-4 and we have a deal for anything on Cydia. Over that and it's a ripoff, to me.

Raelson

Anyone else having problems with Auxo? Seems like the previews all turn into black rectangles after a while.
Using an iPhone 5.

123rl

Anyone else having problems with Auxo? Seems like the previews all turn into black rectangles after a while.
Using an iPhone 5.

It's fine on my iPhone 5 apart from a few black rectangles but it's rubbish on the iPad. It doesn't work properly and the text for each app is cut off at the bottom

Dazzla

What happened to LockInfo? It's so difficult to use now. I just want my calendar to show up with the clock and it seems to never work. Keeps forgetting my settings.
Yeah, I'm really disappointed with lockinfo. I had purchased it years ago and stuck with it for as long as I had a jail breakable device. This time round it just seems crippled :-/

Mafro

Typophone 4 looks great

E5FLnvEl.png

Unfortunately it's not been optimised for the iPhone 5 so the text and arrow at the bottom aren't properly aligned like in this pic

typophone4.jpg

Wow-you're right! I wonder how that works - considering the new app isn't on iOS6 by default?

Probably Apple allowing Google to retain default privileges that ran with the old app.

It would behooves Apple moreso to allow youtube to be a default app for a user experience standpoint.

Quick

Banned
Now, if only they allowed it by default to switch from Apple Maps to Google Maps as the default. I know that at the very least, Safari opens address links inside itself, rather than opening Apple Maps, so there's a compromise.

123rl

Anyone got Dashboard X to download? I've just paid for it and now it won't download. Cydia problems or something else?

andycapps

Anybody use Handcent SMS for the quick reply functionality, but not for actual messaging? I'm wanting to use the stock app for my messages, but the Handcent app is still showing the badge of any unread messages. I want it to not show those. I went to Settings > Notifications > and turned badge off for Handcent yet it's still showing up.

I really don't want to buy biteSMS or irealSMS for $8+. That's ridiculous. $1-4 and we have a deal for anything on Cydia. Over that and it's a ripoff, to me.

Quoting myself since nobody responded.. The badge eventually went away, but now I'm trying to figure something else out with it. When the screen is locked and I get a text, I get the popup, but then I also have the iOS notification that can be swiped away under it. I want to get rid of the latter.

Now, if only they allowed it by default to switch from Apple Maps to Google Maps as the default. I know that at the very least, Safari opens address links inside itself, rather than opening Apple Maps, so there's a compromise.

Will never happen with the money they put into maps, unfortunately.

I'm assuming you can do that with jailbreaking it though, no?

okno

Glorious! Having NES on my mini is a glorious, glorious, glorious thing. Excited to get f.lux (Cydia is still being really slow on my end), as my boyfriend regularly complains about me using my mini late at night.

123rl

I downloaded Intelliscreen and that includes Messages +. That lets you Quick-Reply but messages still route through the default app

HTuran

So, iTunes has decided not to recognise my iPhone (thinks it's synced with another library), so I can't transfer music without wiping it. What are my options? So far, I see:

1. Backup iPhone
  2. Wipe and restore from backup
  3. Jailbreak again
  4. Restore all Cydia downloads, purchases and settings
Is there a good way to backup jailbreak settings? Or, y'know, bypass this whole procedure and edit some plist with SSH?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't really get f.lux. It's dark outside, so it's made my screen go warmer, but I have lights in my house, I don't really need it to look that way. It's only really going to be useful if I'm trying to read in the dark, in which case I'd turn the brightness down. Am I missing something?

I don't really get f.lux. It's dark outside, so it's made my screen go warmer, but I have lights in my house, I don't really need it to look that way. It's only really going to be useful if I'm trying to read in the dark, in which case I'd turn the brightness down. Am I missing something?

I don't get it either. I downloaded, tried it out and then uninstalled.

Quick

Banned
FINE, I'll use Paypal.

First thing I bought: Auxo. I've seen enough of it from Sentry with his posts to the media coverage surrounding it.

andycapps

FINE, I'll use Paypal.

First thing I bought: Auxo. I've seen enough of it from Sentry with his posts to the media coverage surrounding it.

Auxo is the only thing I've bought thus far, I'm sticking to free tweaks unless the price is only a dollar or two.

Anybody have any free tweaks for lockscreen music controls?

Top Bottom