• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Not sure if people here are still trying or not, but I'm jailbreaking mine again (was a bit screwy, I suspect I restored something via PkgBackup that I shouldn't have) and Cydia's a shitload faster than it was before :)
Yup, I just went through the process myself. Might have to retry installing once or twice, but everything seemed to download just fine.

Ashhong

You want to disable LTE and leave 3G? Isn't that bad for your battery?

Is there any way to remove the facebook post thing in the NC?

Shaneus

Finally got Auxo, this really is an impressively polished tweak it feels "Apple-esque".
I'd never heard of that before, but wow... that looks impressive. The thumbnails thing is a massive "why the hell didn't they do that earlier?" thing, especially considering every app has that temporary PNG file it creates whenever you switch out of it.

I really liked the idea of NCSwitcher (which gave me the opportunity to ditch SBSettings) but this looks like it'll let me get rid of both. $2 seems like a bargain.

Ristlager

I can't get "swipe up" to activate Auxo in Activator. I mark it in settings, but nothing happends when I swip up from the bottom (Swipe down worked with SBsettings). Any ideas?

And is there a way to remove the clock on the lockscreen so it does not interfere with Lockinfo, right now it just places it self right on top of the weather symbol. And since Lockinfo has the clock right next to it, it does not serve any purpose. I have tried Springtomize, but have not found anything there.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, getting black lines across my lockscreen when I try and clear the background bars at the top and the bottom, anyone found a theme that completely clears the lockscreen?

Pachimari

I can't get "swipe up" to activate Auxo in Activator. I mark it in settings, but nothing happends when I swip up from the bottom (Swipe down worked with SBsettings). Any ideas?

And is there a way to remove the clock on the lockscreen so it does not interfere with Lockinfo, right now it just places it self right on top of the weather symbol. And since Lockinfo has the clock right next to it, it does not serve any purpose. I have tried Springtomize, but have not found anything there.
Wait, it doesn't just replace the multitasking bar?

I have Zephyr installed so I just swipe up to get the multitasking bar up and then I double click the Home button for Google Now.

feels so good to have my 5 row keyboard back!!

I forgot about that, what was it called?

jcutner

anyone able to install Haptic Pro on an iPhone5 yet? I had it on my iPhone4 and loved it

I get POSIX Connection refused

server still overloaded maybe?

I've stuck with iOS5 all this time because a) I like the Maps app and Streeview and b) I like the YouTube app (no ads).

I downloaded the standalone YouTube and Google Maps apps off the store to see what they were like. The YouTube layout is nicer, but it runs ads... do not want. And there doesn't seem to be an iPad-specific Google Maps app? I could only find the iPhone one. So I don't want that either.

However, there are a few features in iOS6 that I'd like to try out, so my question is this: would the iOS6 jailbreak allow me to install the old Maps and YouTube apps from iOS5?

VeeP

I've stuck with iOS5 all this time because a) I like the Maps app and Streeview and b) I like the YouTube app (no ads).

I downloaded the standalone YouTube and Google Maps apps off the store to see what they were like. The YouTube layout is nicer, but it runs ads... do not want. And there doesn't seem to be an iPad-specific Google Maps app? I could only find the iPhone one. So I don't want that either.

However, there are a few features in iOS6 that I'd like to try out, so my question is this: would the iOS6 jailbreak allow me to install the old Maps and YouTube apps from iOS5?

iOS 6 Jailbroken will not allow you to download those apps I believe. However, there are several other YouTube apps, in the App Store and Cydia Store. One of those might offer no Ads?

As for maps, it's not available on the iPad yet. Apple maps is available though. And you can download the iPhone version of google maps, it runs fairly well I think.

Anyone having Issues with Springtomize 2?
I got an iPhone 5 and trying to get rid of the top bar at the lock screen where time is displayed also trying to get 5 icons in the dock. when I respring nothing gets updated and it looks the same as it did before..

Anyone having Issues with Springtomize 2?
I got an iPhone 5 and trying to get rid of the top bar at the lock screen where time is displayed also trying to get 5 icons in the dock. when I respring nothing gets updated and it looks the same as it did before..

It's not working for me either, I think it needs to be updated for iOS 6 and/or the iPhone 5.

iOS 6 Jailbroken will not allow you to download those apps I believe. However, there are several other YouTube apps, in the App Store and Cydia Store. One of those might offer no Ads?

As for maps, it's not available on the iPad yet. Apple maps is available though. And you can download the iPhone version of google maps, it runs fairly well I think.
Indeed, I have tried the iPhone version, it's crap. And Apple maps is even worse. Sounds like I'll stay with iOS5 then, thanks.

There's a Cydia app called Adblocker which can remove your issue with YouTube.

It's not working for me either, I think it needs to be updated for iOS 6 and/or the iPhone 5.

I applied the remove bar on lockscreen, respringed and it didnt work, so I shut the phone of and started it again with that setting activated and now I am just getting an Apple logo and the phone aint starting.

Mr. Hyde

Maybe clock hide? Look it up on Cydia and then turn it on through iOS settings. I use it for typophone weather.

Mr. Hyde

I applied the remove bar on lockscreen, respringed and it didnt work, so I shut the phone of and started it again with that setting activated and now I am just getting an Apple logo and the phone aint starting.

That happened to me and it took my phone around 20 minutes to start. I'm afraid to ever power down again.

Since you're getting to the Apple logo I imagine that it'll finish booting up eventually but if it doesn't you'll probably have to put it in DFU mode and restore it.

Edit:

This is probably obvious but if it does start up make sure you undo what you did with Springtomize.

Since you're getting to the Apple logo I imagine that it'll finish booting up eventually but if it doesn't you'll probably have to put it in DFU mode and restore it.

Edit:

This is probably obvious but if it does start up make sure you undo what you did with Springtomize.

Yes I will do that. Will google on how you get the phone in DFU mode.

Red

%hook's law is nice, but anyone else getting a delay before being able to input their pass code at lock screen?

Oni Jazar

What happened to LockInfo? It's so difficult to use now. I just want my calendar to show up with the clock and it seems to never work. Keeps forgetting my settings.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hm I didn't know Blutrol tweak isn't free. Is it worth it, and can it be shared on multiple devices like Apple Store apps can be?

Wiz

Is there anywhere I can find a master list of the best apps/tweaks? The featured section in Cydia is just not cutting it for me.

Servers are still getting crushed this morning, it seems.

I've paid for apps like MyWi in the past and I was able to redownload those with no problem, without even authenticating. But new paid apps like Springtomize or Auxo aren't even letting me enter payment information. They're just failing saying I need to pay. I wonder what's going wrong?

so it finally started after about 20 minutes and I undid what I had done with springtomize2 and restarted it again. but now its stuck like that again on the apple logo.....

guess I have to wait for 20 minutes again haha.
I have only installed 3 apps from cydia.

Springtomize 2
auxo
intelliscreen 2

so I will delete springtomize if it starts and then see if it is that program that is causing this damn slow start up.

Ristlager

Another problem here after JB. On lockinfo and the standard Apple drag down menu, the entries in the calendar are switching place 4-5 times a second. I have 4 entries and they all are jumping up and down like crazy. Anyone know which program that did this?
edit: removed lockinfo and it went back to normal. Intelliscreen worth the money?

Also three reboots due to safemode been implemented...

And my phone is gettin a lot warmer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
%hook's law is nice, but anyone else getting a delay before being able to input their pass code at lock screen?
Yeah I eventually just removed hooke's law because of that. It seems to lengthen the animation even if you change the constants to be snappier, but then you lose a lot of the effect really.

Does anyone know if using a Lockscreen theme will cause the SMS notifications to not show up on the lock screen?

I cant see a notification on the lock screen, it does however come up while the phone is at the home screen or when I am using an app etc

Top Bottom