• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Ashhong

Anyone else having problems with Auxo? Seems like the previews all turn into black rectangles after a while.
Using an iPhone 5.

Mine isn't black but they do show blank rectangles a lot of the time. I can see the app but there's no content within the app.

ATTENTION ANYBODY STUCK ON THE APPLE LOGO BOOT SCREEN

You don't have to wait 20 minutes. Hold down the power and home button until the phone turns off. Let go immediately, then hold the power button to turn it back on. It shouldn't hang the second time.

Jubern

Auxo's display of the pics is also pretty random for me... A few minutes ago I checked the tabs and there were pics for the first two rows. Going to the third (black) made the first's disappear, them going to the fourth made the second's disappear too.

Using an iPhone 4, not sure if that changes something.

Love that tweak otherwise. I don't like to play that much with tons and tons of jailbreak tweaks and this has a lot of what I wanted.

Might get Zephyr since my home button is getting "tired" but I'm not sure about spending 5 bucks for a simple gesture TBH :|

123rl

So something had glitched when I tried some crappy theme and I had lost the date and time on the lock screen. I then found a theme called A Beautiful LockScreen and it works great on an iPhone 5. Awesome...problem accidentally solved

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know of any minimalistic sliders that are compatible with iOS6/HD? Closer to invisible without being invisible, the better.

SimplScreen looks nice but I have no idea what to do to get it to not put the custom wallpaper and stuff there as well, I just want the slider. What directories do you have to delete?

Ashhong

Any 5 row keyboard tweaks that don't cost money? used to be one back in the 3G days...

Man, it seems like half of the cydia apps cost money now. It's not much true, but I'm just used to the old days lol

@enzo, do you have a browser like iFile available? You can go into the folder on the iphone and simply erase the wallpaper. Go to var/stash/themes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any 5 row keyboard tweaks that don't cost money? used to be one back in the 3G days...

Man, it seems like half of the cydia apps cost money now. It's not much true, but I'm just used to the old days lol

@enzo, do you have a browser like iFile available? You can go into the folder on the iphone and simply erase the wallpaper. Wait, it uses Winterboard. You just have to make sure SimplScreen is lower than "User Lock Background"
Tried that, and it didn't work, which even left me puzzled o_O

HTuran

So, iTunes has decided not to recognise my iPhone (thinks it's synced with another library), so I can't transfer music without wiping it. What are my options? So far, I see:

1. Backup iPhone
  2. Wipe and restore from backup
  3. Jailbreak again
  4. Restore all Cydia downloads, purchases and settings
Is there a good way to backup jailbreak settings? Or, y'know, bypass this whole procedure and edit some plist with SSH?

Looks like this sorted it.

Also, seen a lot of talk about tweaks, not much about emulation. http://www.explusalpha.com/home/ is the place to go, AFAIK, with gpsphone for GBA.

Wiz

So when I try to buy a tweak (example: FolderEnhancer), after putting in my info, it has been stuck on "Pending" for a long time. Is there any reason why it's doing this or should I not be worried?

Is it just me or updating with iTunes is slow as shit? I think I will just DD the ispw file and restore with that. I keep getting an error updating from my iPad.

Shaneus

Man, my JB so far is unstable as shit. I have a feeling it's to do with either Springtomize or Gridlock, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone else having issues with their device being flaky? 4S here. (and I'm not talking about the weather app either, though if there's some API that's being called which uses the same thing, maybe that's happening... maybe)

Help GAF, the Jailbreak on my iPhone 4 is not doing anything, I got to the point where it says that you have to unlock and tap de Jailbreak icon, I have done so, but the phone doesnt do anything, I have been waiting for more than 10 minutes and the phone or evasion arent doing anything!

andycapps

Help GAF, the Jailbreak on my iPhone 4 is not doing anything, I got to the point where it says that you have to unlock and tap de Jailbreak icon, I have done so, but the phone doesnt do anything, I have been waiting for more than 10 minutes and the phone or evasion arent doing anything!

What is evasion saying right now?

Prezhulio

hmmm my weather app won't launch. seems like other iphone 5 people are having the same problem....so in the meantime, can anyone recommend a good weather app (cydia or appstore)?

Ashhong

Man, my JB so far is unstable as shit. I have a feeling it's to do with either Springtomize or Gridlock, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone else having issues with their device being flaky? 4S here. (and I'm not talking about the weather app either, though if there's some API that's being called which uses the same thing, maybe that's happening... maybe)

Why dont you uninstall one of those and see what happens? I have had a few programs cause problems, but uninstalling and a respring fixed it right away. My JB is perfect right now. Even battery is going great and I'm constantly playing with my phone

hmmm my weather app won't launch. seems like other iphone 5 people are having the same problem....so in the meantime, can anyone recommend a good weather app (cydia or appstore)?

You could ask Siri or just look at the weather in the Notification Center. Sorry don't have any app recommendations

andycapps

"To continue, please unlock your device and tap new Jailbreak Icon...."

I have done this and the text just keeps on flashing, progress bar isnt moving, nothing from the phone or evasion.

Did you by any chance touch your phone during the time it was telling you not to? I am no expert on this, but if your phone will respond, I would think you could reboot your phone and start the process over.

Did you by any chance touch your phone during the time it was telling you not to? I am no expert on this, but if your phone will respond, I would think you could reboot your phone and start the process over.

Well since it wasnt doing anyways, I started the process from scratch and it bypassed everything up to that screen again and this time it actually worked when I tapped Jailbreak!!

Thanks

Tattooth

Is there any way to change my payment option in Cydia? It's been a long time since I've bought something from Cydia, and the card I used doesn't work anymore.

dark_chris

Does anyone know the highest iOS version an iPhone 3G can go and stay (or be) unlocked? Im wanting to upgrade the iOS version from 4.2 lol.

Paradicia

Anyone having trouble completely hiding the bottom lock bar? It's a thin grey line where the slide to lock is. I'm trying to work out a few themes but this line is persistent throughout each theme I've used. I have 'slide to unlock killer' enabled but it seems to be a problem only attached with ios 6.1

I've used tonnes of themes in the past on 5.1.1 and they've all worked fine. Here's a picture of what I mean:

sN1De1U.jpg

It's the grey line across the bottom.

pacman85

I too am getting the black tiles in Auxo when I bring up the multitasking bar. It seems to be random when I get them as well. Kinda annoying but hopefully they are working on fixing it. I did the jailbreak last night and Auxo is my only paid app so far. Here is my haul (with comments):

Auxo - pretty cool. still debating if it was worth $2 or not with the black tiles issue but i think it is with all of the extra controls/shortcuts when you swipe to the left on the multitasking bar.
SBSettings - played with this a little bit. still new to jailbreaking so it is somewhat confusing to see how this one works. it looks like you really need the themes/add-ons/extensions/whatever they are called to really see what this one can do
WinterBoard - same as SBSettings. there are a few of built-in themes/tweaks but it looks like i need to download the extras
Activator - this one seems pretty cool with TONS of options. need to play around with it more
f.lux - interesting. will see if it makes a difference with eye strain or not

Overall, it seems like jail-breaking is definitely worth it even if you want to only get free apps. But you are missing out on some pretty cool apps only getting the free ones. Or you definitely get a "slimmed" down version of the paid app. I still want to:
Change the lock screen/add more info
Get a few emulators for nostalgia (thinking NES, SNES, Sega, etc)
Get something like Zephyr - like someone else said it is a really awesome tweak but $5 seems pricey.
Tweak the notification center a little bit more
Tether! (without getting caught by AT&T that is) - looking at TetherMe due to it only being $5 and for sure compatible with iPhone 5/iOS 6.
Enhance my text messaging but don't like the biteSMS or Messages+ costs (like $8 each or something)
Enhance the stock camera app options (again, don't like the cost)

To sum up I guess I am just really cheap but definitely like some of the jailbreak options.

How well does Frash work on a jailbroken iPhone 4? I've been wanting to watch certain kinds of flash video on my smartphone for awhile and have been considering buying a Nexus 4 to do that. However if I can jailbreak my iPhone 4 to do that than all the better.

Does the iPhone 4 have too little Ram for a flash video that goes on for about 40 minutes? Does it drain the battery crazy fast?

TheMan

i'm a jailbreaking newb. aside from instability, what are the other downsides to jailbreaking my iphone 5? thanks for the help.

plainr_

i'm a jailbreaking newb. aside from instability, what are the other downsides to jailbreaking my iphone 5? thanks for the help.

Can't really think of any downsides to jailbreaking.

You might run into some unstable tweaks that could crash your phone. But it's not anything serious since the phone just resprings itselfs back to normal. Just be careful with what you install and you should be fine.

Also if and when you go to service your iPhone/iPad at the Apple Store, just remember to restore the device back to a clean state in iTunes. They won't detect a thing.

TheMan

Can't really think of any downsides to jailbreaking.

You might run into some unstable tweaks that could crash your phone. But it's not anything serious since the phone just resprings itselfs back to normal. Just be careful with what you install and you should be fine.

Also when you go to service your iPhone/iPad at the Apple Store just remember to restore the device back to a clean state in iTunes. They won't detect a thing.

could you elaborate on this?

Shaneus

Why dont you uninstall one of those and see what happens? I have had a few programs cause problems, but uninstalling and a respring fixed it right away. My JB is perfect right now. Even battery is going great and I'm constantly playing with my phone
It was late and I was getting really frustrated and angry, but yeah... it looks like it's a problem with Gridlock. The problem with using PkgBackup is that it won't not install a Cydia-sourced app because of an incompatibility, it'll just try and install it anyway. So when you have it install 50+ packages at a time, it's a bitch to work out which one is screwing you over. But Gridlock is definitely the culprit as since I've removed it, it's been running fine.

Stoked with Auxo, though. Didn't realise (after I installed it) that the guy behind NCSettings also worked on it.

Oh, and if anyone has that package to add a brightness increase/decrease via activator, remove it. I added the gestures back that referred to it, but once I tried using it the phone just reset (as in, Apple logo) completely.

Uh.. How do I paste?
I *think* you might be able to do it via something like iFunbox rather than doing it on the phone itself.

Top Bottom