• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

We can spin the Carcassonne tourney up slowly. If we get started in a day or two most people will be knocked out of the Ascension stuff anyway. :)

Here's who I have so far (help me fill in the blanks):

GAF Carcassonne Tourney - June 2012

GAF (Game Center) ELO (in signup order, not seed)
1. Slacker (Slacker) 1131
2. eznark (eznark) 1353
3. Got the Shakes (Got the Shakes)
4. blahness
5. CzarTim (CzarTim) 1343
6. Smiley90 (Smiley1790)
7. superrobot
8. tm24 (mightytm24)

Want to play? We need:

Username:
GC Username:
Carcassonne ELO:

I think one game matches with vanilla Carcassone is probably the way to go. We'll figure out how many players we have on our hands once we see how many people want to play. I'm OK seeded or random, too.

Gamecocks625
1294 (as of now...who knows how far it will crash here soon)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
We can spin the Carcassonne tourney up slowly. If we get started in a day or two most people will be knocked out of the Ascension stuff anyway. :)

2. eznark (eznark) 1353
4. blahness
6. Smiley90 (Smiley1790)
7. superrobot
8. tm24 (mightytm24)

Want to play? We need:

Username:
GC Username:
Carcassonne ELO:

I think one game matches with vanilla Carcassone is probably the way to go. We'll figure out how many players we have on our hands once we see how many people want to play. I'm OK seeded or random, too.

Yaboosh
Yaboosh

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley!

Im getting that your offline bug in NH, go fix it!!

Also take your turns in ticket to ride :p

I honestly don't understand that bug, just logged in because I also got a notification it was my turn, only to find the "rayspencer is offline" again, which was also like that when I finished my turn last time. Weird.

Same in the other game, only there it's chicobalay...

I hope Summoner Wars gets approved fast, by like... Monday.

bonesquad

Good series. That last game was so frustrating, I felt like I couldn't put anything together.

It was a dirty last game. My hand wasn't going how I wanted, but then you took your turn and I could tell you were having worse luck:) Until we play again, I'll represent in round 2!

So... Caylus just got a price drop. Is it any good? Never actually played the game...

Pulling up my previous response since it still applies: If you've never played Caylus it's worth getting to check it out, or just to add to your "collection". However, as an app I can't recommend it. The presentation just isn't very good, and the UI downright awful.

Wait... Summoner Wars was submitted. I need to get in some NH play stat.

2. eznark (eznark) 1353
4. blahness
6. Smiley90 (Smiley1790)
7. superrobot
8. tm24 (mightytm24)

Want to play? We need:

Username:
GC Username:
Carcassonne ELO:

ELO: 1244 superrobot (Diesel Pioneer)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad

Le Havre, at least on the iPad, does get the thumbs up. Notifications seem to work consistently. :D You do need to learn the game by reading the rules first though. It's actually REALLY simple ... once you learn it. It's easier than Agricola.

Vard

Just lost the first game against Vard by 30 points. I rage closed and didn't catch the final score. I think it was 90something - 60something. Off to a great start! :)
It was 91-66 in game 1. Sorry about the delay in playing my turns by the way; I think the next couple of days I'll be able to play them a bit faster.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also can't believe Summoner Wars is coming out so soon. :D

And I remembered that Playdek is doing Agricola -- probably my favorite game of all time. :D :D

I'm not going to complain but with Le Havre being solid, it's almost too much board-gaming goodness right now.

I honestly don't understand that bug, just logged in because I also got a notification it was my turn, only to find the "rayspencer is offline" again, which was also like that when I finished my turn last time. Weird.

Same in the other game, only there it's chicobalay...

I hope Summoner Wars gets approved fast, by like... Monday.

Ticket to Ride Smiley!!!

:p

blahness

2. eznark (eznark) 1353
4. blahness
6. Smiley90 (Smiley1790)
7. superrobot
8. tm24 (mightytm24)

Want to play? We need:

Username:
GC Username:
Carcassonne ELO:

Blahness (blahness)
Friend elo: 1299

Slacker

So... Caylus just got a price drop. Is it any good? Never actually played the game...
Bonesquad got it right above. Just like Neuroshima Hex from the same developer, the source game is really excellent, but the app is just ok. If you can set up a live game with friends, it's good fun. But the asynch system is buggy otherwise. I don't necessarily regret the purchase, but I almost never play it. It doesn't help that the iPhone version is a little clunky too.

I'm liking Le Havre so far.

Drone

I've noticed in Magic 2013 when an opponent disconnects they are replaced with an AI and you have to continue the game... which means you don't automatically get the win. That's bad enough, but it also seems like if they concede they are ALSO replaced by AI and you have to play out the game to get your win. I'm guessing this one, but I've had a few players disconnect/concede at exactly the moment when it was obvious they'd lost and I still have to play out the game. This is a really weird system. The first party to disconnect or concede should get a loss and the other a win. The only time AI should step in is if there were more than 2 players.

2. eznark (eznark) 1353
4. blahness
6. Smiley90 (Smiley1790)
7. superrobot
8. tm24 (mightytm24)

Want to play? We need:

Username:
GC Username:
Carcassonne ELO:

Gatekeeper
Z3R0_5UM

eznark

Banned
The turn that I'm currently witnessing has me uninstalling this game. Clearly it's broken as shit.

Ha just saw your post. No need to apologize. Except or the fact that I had to forfeit just so I could play a turn in a different game.

Heel

Game 2 v. eznark, my win, 245 - 47 / forfeit.

ivYTm0FKcG7lR.gif
ivYTm0FKcG7lR.gif
ivYTm0FKcG7lR.gif

butzopower

proud of his butz

I didn't mean for it to be so brutal, I just really wanted the achievement for it (didn't get it for some reason...). Before it got ridiculous it was a pretty close game, and so was the one before it, so there's still a chance. Someone has got to be a heel (and it can't be you for obvious reasons).

eznark

Banned
Haha holy shit I'm so glad I forfeited. You didn't even have 100 yet. How many points did you get on that one turn?

Also, good God Ascension is broken as hell

butzopower

proud of his butz
Haha holy shit I'm so glad I forfeited. You didn't even have 100 yet. How many points did you get on that one turn?

Also, good God Ascension is broken as hell

I went from like 20 or something, to 145. I only meant to hit 100 (you know, just in case), but then my last "turn" got me 45 more.

I didn't even intend to go for the infinite combo, was going Mechana and Void and just got lucky.

Don't take me not playing again personal butz, just done with the game. You should get an achievement for that!

:(. Now I really am Ivan Drago.

If you haven't played the Storm of Souls expansion, I'd recommend it, it's a lot more balanced and fun IMO.

eznark

Banned
I have and it's fun. Been playing this game since it launched off and on. I heard about the infinite combo stuff and decided that the first time I either see it or do it I was done. Playing busted games isn't terribly interesting especially when there are other awesome options.

Let's start the Carc tourney!!

butzopower

proud of his butz
I got a text from Butzopower when he got that combo. SHIT WENT DOWN. Jesus. So is this game just fucked unless you balance it with expansions? Playtesting, how does it work?

The first expansion is what makes it possible, actually, though it really is the fault of the original game having a card that lets you take two turns. It's not super easy to pull off (ie. requires decent amount of luck), and I'm pretty sure it would have come up in play-testing. They made it an achievement, but it seems to be broken, ironically.

sladeums

Something like that.

I was working towards that broken fuckin Achievement.
That's how far I went before giving up.

It's more satisfying to pull off without Reclamax.
Had to work at it a while to finally get that one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I have and it's fun. Been playing this game since it launched off and on. I heard about the infinite combo stuff and decided that the first time I either see it or do it I was done. Playing busted games isn't terribly interesting especially when there are other awesome options.

Let's start the Carc tourney!!

Hehe yeah, but that's really just for screwing around (the infinite-combo stuff) since it's incredibly rare, especially in a live game. It's not something you can just set up and kill people with consistently (like a broken Magic deck or something). Actually the real "flaw" of Ascension supports that point as well -- it's insanely luck-based. But I do like luck-based game myself so it's not too bad. :)

Still can't wait for Summoner Wars though (and Agricola) (and the Carc tourney).

Now if you want a really non luck-based game that's not broken in any way you should get Le Havre. :p (Seriously.)

Vard

Just lost the first game against Vard by 30 points. I rage closed and didn't catch the final score. I think it was 90something - 60something. Off to a great start! :)

Good games, kennah.

I won our round one 3-0, and although the first one was comfortable the last 2 games were really close (88-83 and 75-75!). I am up for more games with you for fun whenever!

Looks like bonesquad is up next for me - bonesquad I'll send you an invite.

mercviper

Nooo I left my iPad at my aunt's place in ny. Wont be able to play again till the 11th when I come back. :'( probably means no carc tourney for me. And I'm sorry for anybody I have a game with now.

Edit: maybe I can tell my cousin what moves to make....

Top Bottom