• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

Heel won the game with the second to last piece :( 94-80 in Carc

vP3KU.jpg

sladeums

Seems like this Ascension update broke P.R.I.M.E. (?)
It doesn't come back to your hand from discard when you play a Mechana Construct.

I'm playing offline . . anyone else notice this?

tm24

Seems like this Ascension update broke P.R.I.M.E. (?)
It doesn't come back to your hand from discard when you play a Mechana Construct.

I'm playing offline . . anyone else notice this?

Just tried it out online, PRIME still works as intended

Heel

Ohhhhh Galvatron is doc wily? We've played some very close Ascension games tonight. He should definitely join the next tournament.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After being down 2-0 against jesse, i won game 3 in the most dramatic fashion (59-59) and now won game 5 92-72 :) good and nervewrecking series:p whoever next hit me up, i'll be home later :)

EDIT: lambda/butz it is! And then the next round opponent is already set, damn, some
Catching up is needed :p

Smiley90

Wow, that was close. I won the first game against lambda 82-81, was sure I'd lose lol.

Second game, lambda wins 62-51

Third game, lambda wins 85-53 -facepalms-

aaaand lambda wins the series 3-1 with a 61-53 win to top it off. congratz, gg's and nice that we got them all through in a go :D

Man, wtf. Does "indigo six" not work right now in nightfall? 3 times I tried to claim a card from smiley and it didn't fucking work. It cost me the game, and was complete bullshit!

blahness

Man, wtf. Does "indigo six" not work right now in nightfall? 3 times I tried to claim a card from smiley and it didn't fucking work. It cost me the game, and was complete bullshit!

it has worked fine for me in the past. you just have to wait for your next claim phase and that particular card in the others private stock should be available to be claimed.

it has worked fine for me in the past. you just have to wait for your next claim phase and that particular card in the others private stock should be available to be claimed.

I'm pretty sure it used to add that card to your stash. Fuck, I haven't used it in a while, I might be remembering something else. Hrrrrrmmmm.

Edit: just tested it offline, and your right. Well I'm not sure which pisses me off more, thinking the game screwed me overand made me lose, or that I screwed myself by not paying enough attention.

Either way! I'm not happy about a stupid loss like that. Haha. Booooooooooo!

Smiley90

I'm pretty sure it used to add that card to your stash. Fuck, I haven't used it in a while, I might be remembering something else. Hrrrrrmmmm.

Edit: just tested it offline, and your right. Well I'm not sure which pisses me off more, thinking the game screwed me overand made me lose, or that I screwed myself by not paying enough attention.

Either way! I'm not happy about a stupid loss like that. Haha. Booooooooooo!

Just admit the loss bro.

sladeums

Someone from Playdek posted this over on TA in re: Summoner Wars release :
It's still "Waiting for Review".
Based on past experience, if that doesn't change within the next couple of hours, it won't be today.

My money is on a Friday release, but only because that's the same date that Ascension was released last year.

sladeums

Hero Academy got an update that added in an interactive tutorial and 28 single player challenges to learn the teams.

The tutorial is pretty meager, but the challenges (basically mini puzzle-type battle scenarios from what I've seen so far) look like they may go some way towards helping newcomers learn the game basics offline.

Might be worth another look for any that were interested but didn't want to go straight into multiplayer.

Heel

Hero Academy got an update that added in an interactive tutorial and 28 single player challenges to learn the teams.

The tutorial is pretty meager, but the challenges (basically mini puzzle-type battle scenarios from what I've seen so far) look like they may go some way towards helping newcomers learn the game basics offline.

Might be worth another look for any that were interested but didn't want to go straight into multiplayer.

Looks like it's a good time for me to jump in and give it a try.

bonesquad

Where was this a few months ago. I played a few games, but could never quite get into Hero Academy. I wasn't sure if I just didn't like it, or because I really had no clue what I was doing (even though I somehow went 3-2 in those games). I'd fool around with it again, but with Summoner Wars right around the corner...

Slacker

Excellent update. The challenges are pretty tough.

Smiley90

Ray man, take your turn in NHex, we've been waiting FOREVER BRO.

I swear I'll open TTR again...

ATTENTION CARCASSONNE PLAYERS:

I just got a new iPad and in the process of transferring my backed up apps, a few of my Carc games have gotten stuck. I know there's an unstick command you can type into the chat to fix it, but I can't remember what it is. Any help?

Slacker

ATTENTION CARCASSONNE PLAYERS:

I just got a new iPad and in the process of transferring my backed up apps, a few of my Carc games have gotten stuck. I know there's an unstick command you can type into the chat to fix it, but I can't remember what it is. Any help?

I think it's /unstuck or /unstick.

Vard

Down 2-1 to bonesquad in the Ascension tourney and we're on game 4 now. Final scores have been really close so far.

81-87 L
71-65 L
98-100 W

bonesquad

Down 2-1 to bonesquad in the Ascension tourney and we're on game 4 now. Final scores have been really close so far.

81-87 L
71-65 L
98-100 W

Yeah I thought winning the first two by 6 was close, that third game was one of the highest scoring games I've played for being such an extremely close game. Good times.

Edit: Ugh. And then you go and kick my ass by 30 in game 4. I'm tired now and going to bed after that:)

Vard

Yeah I thought winning the first two by 6 was close, that third game was one of the highest scoring games I've played for being such an extremely close game. Good times.

Game 4 was a 75-105 W for me. Game 5 will have to resume tomorrow (it's late over here!). Good times indeed.

Top Bottom