• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Slacker

Let's get the Carcassonne tourney fired up today. Right now we have 16, but if mercviper is out we'll have room for one more. Anyone else want in?

Smiley, what's your ELO?

Rules:

- One game sudden death style matchups.
- Work out with your opponent if you want to play live or async. I'd suggest live for maximum brain power.
- Base game only, no expansions.

I'll post the bracket once we're set. LEZDOIT.

Heel

I'll play. Maybe do double elimination? Would take a while though...

[Slade]

Friend ELO: 1361 (I'm probably very overrated, haven't been playing for weeks)

Slacker

I'd say stick with single elim to start with. If we blow through it in two days we can plan on a longer tourney working next time. :)

With Heel we got sixteen, so let's fire it up. Sorry, merc, we'll get you in first next time. :) Heel's going to set up the bracket so we have it on the same site. Stay tuned. :)

Heel

Challonge group to archive all of our tournaments: NeoGAFBoardGames.Challonge.com

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/carcassonne

neogafboardgames-carcassonne.png

NeoGAFAscension.png

Vard

Ha, I am right behind Astrolad in seeding in both tourneys. Hopefully I can bring my A game since I've been slipping of late...

Is Carc tourney best of 3/5 or just one game only? Base game only or are we using any expansions?

Slacker

Ha, I am right behind Astrolad in seeding in both tourneys. Hopefully I can bring my A game since I've been slipping of late...

Is Carc tourney best of 3/5 or just one game only? Base game only or are we using any expansions?

Base game, one game only. And your first challenge is ME! I sent you a gc invite and a PM. :)

eznark

Banned
Got The Shakes, I sent you two requests, ignore the first one (or we can play that one too!) as it has the expansions in the rules. The second one is just the base game.

Slacker

Ok, cool. One more question - Show Remaining Tiles... On (default) or Off? I'm guessing it's on but doesn't hurt to confirm.

I didn't think about the fact that that was an option for everyone. Let's go with "On" since the plan was to play vanilla Carc. We'll talk about turning that off in the next tourney maybe.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Let's get the Carcassonne tourney fired up today. Right now we have 16, but if mercviper is out we'll have room for one more. Anyone else want in?

Smiley, what's your ELO?

Rules:

- One game sudden death style matchups.
- Work out with your opponent if you want to play live or async. I'd suggest live for maximum brain power.
- Base game only, no expansions.

I'll post the bracket once we're set. LEZDOIT.

I posted mine already oO... But now it's 1282... But the bracket already stands anyway? :p

Smiley90

Whoops I missed it before, sorry. Yeah bracket is close enough unless anyone objects. You don't want eznark first round anyway, he's got GAME. ;)

Instead I get Heel, should that make me happy? :p I'm also still in the games with jesse, take your turns bro! :D

Heel

Haha don't worry, I'm way out of practice on Carcassonne.

Anyone who's confused on the rules can check the link above the bracket.

Slacker

Vard and I are locked in an epic battle for the big farm in our game. He's up 52-51 with 20 tiles left, each of us spend three followers trying to get the big farm. :D

Edit: Shew, close one. Ended up tying for the farm, I won 91-88. Great game Vard!

Vard

Vard and I are locked in an epic battle for the big farm in our game. He's up 52-51 with 20 tiles left, each of us spend three followers trying to get the big farm. :D

Edit: Shew, close one. Ended up tying for the farm, I won 91-88. Great game Vard!

Yea, good game. Your ELO is undervalued; you played well /but I blame the loss COMPLETELY on my recent poor form :p

Slacker

Yea, good game. Your ELO is undervalued; you played well /but I blame the loss COMPLETELY on my recent poor form :p

Yeah I usually play against a couple IRL friends and a few guys from Ars that are major ass-kickers, so my friend ELO has suffered as a result. My random ELO is a little better I think.

Vard

Yeah I usually play against a couple IRL friends and a few guys from Ars that are major ass-kickers, so my friend ELO has suffered as a result. My random ELO is a little better I think.
I'll invite you to a rematch, just for fun. Good luck with the rest of the tourney.

I drew AstroLad. >–<

LOL. It's OK. Whoever wins my game gets to take him on (assuming he gets past you).

All I know is that my match so far has thrown some pretty horrendous tiles right at the beginning. Our board is looking pretty disgusting after just 6-7 pieces. I have a feeling we'll only complete like...3 cities max.

Smiley90

All I can say about my game with Heel is that he hasn't even started it yet. -glare-

Heel

The one-game only instead of best of 3 scares me!

Yeah, doesn't leave any room for error, plus you can get a bad draw of tiles and be out. Not to mention I'm guaranteed to be out if I make it to a match with AstroLad lol.

That's why I think double elim makes a lot of sense.

A few hours, Smiley!

DukeSucks

Dang, been so busy lately I missed the carc tourney.

Also, been playing this game since it came out, and I'm still making the "not pay attention to what color I am" mistake :(

Good game, Gamecocks. It could have swung either way with that gigantocity battle.

Looking forward to the winner of the Astrolad/tm24 match!

Good game, for sure. I knew I was betting the farm (no pun intended!) with that gigantic city. I was either going to win or lose by that thing. Still ended up being really close at the end anyways. I was trying to find a way to tie the field at the end but just ran out of the pieces I needed.

Go win it all for the rest of us losers!

Heel

Game 1: MechaOctobot won (70 something to 60 something?)
Game 2: MechaOctobot 63 - Heel 56
Game 3: MechaOctobot 83 - Heel 67

6xsYc.jpg

Top Bottom