• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm in for both Tourneys. How do we wanna seed for Hero Academy? Total wins? (since that's pretty much the only tracked statistic... Not very indicative though so we might have to go with random and then for the next tourney seed based on this one, similar to Carc)

Slacker

Ok let's make this official:

Carcassonne Tourney 2: Revenge of the Farmers

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
blahness | blahness (1302)
tm24
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1381)
Slacker | Slacker (1192)
ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1242)
AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)

If you want in, post GC name and ELO. If you like making my life easier, give it to me like this:

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

I'll do the Hero Academy signups later in the week to not clutter the thread too much.

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
superrobot
Smiley90
blahness
tm24
Gatekeeper
Slacker | Slacker (1192)

If you want in, post GC name and ELO. If you like making my life easier, give it to me like this:

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

I'll do the Hero Academy signups later in the week to not clutter the thread too much.

Smiley90

Whatabout seeding, say, the top 4 from the previous tourney as top 4 seeds and then the rest based on elo? And hand out byes as necessary

eznark

Banned
I'll set up the next Carcassonne tourney, and a Hero Academy Tourney is there is interest. Here's what I'm pondering; tell me what you think:

Carcassonne

- Double elimination
- No 16 player limit - we'll just throw in whatever number signs up and let the system sort it out. We'll have a few byes that way but we won't have to leave anyone out.
- Do we want to do ELO seeding again? I like it, but like the randomness involved with not doing it.
- I'll keep signups open for a week before we start so everyone has a chance to see it and jump in.

Hero Academy

- Best 2 out of 3 game series against each opponent.
- Choose any race.
- I guess that's it. :p
- Maybe no player limit here either?

I'm down for both

eznark | eznark (1310)

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
tm24
Slacker | Slacker (1192)

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

Gamecocks625 | Gamecocks625 (1270)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Whatabout seeding, say, the top 4 from the previous tourney as top 4 seeds and then the rest based on elo? And hand out byes as necessary

Sounds like a good idea since we have a clear top 4 with the third-place game.

Smiley90

Sounds like a good idea since we have a clear top 4 with the third-place game.

We can just adopt that format for all tourneys. First tournament seeds are based on whatever ingame-tracking there is (Win/loss ratio or ELO) or random if nothing exists, afterwards the top4 of the previous tournament get automatically top-seeded with other positions determined by the ingame-tracking numbers (or random again)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
THIS WEEK?!? I am fully expecting it tomorrow or Thursday latest, i kept checking the appstore all day today -.-

oh right -- i wonder if they'll be around though for the 4th. kinda silly but i'm feeling cynical. hopefully this mean it'll come out!

Smiley90

Gary Weis posted on BGG a couple hours plus ago that it moved from 'Waiting for Review' to 'In Review' and that historically its taken them up to an hour or so before getting the green light from that point.

Hrngggggggggg

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
tm24
Slacker | Slacker (1192)

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

mememe

RaySpencer | RaySpencer (1253)

So what's the Bridge Troll achievement in Carcassone entail?

I'm assuming it's based on River, but I see one bridge and that strange city thing.

blahness

So what's the Bridge Troll achievement in Carcassone entail?

I'm assuming it's based on River, but I see one bridge and that strange city thing.

Its just as the description entails: "Connect both bridges with a road and be the only player to score on it". There are only two bridge tiles included in the river expansion and you must connect the the two tiles with a road and score on it alone.

bonesquad

Summoner Wars
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/summoner-wars/id493752948?mt=8

FREE download includes one faction

IAP:
$0.99 per faction (7 available)
$0.99 per Reinforcement pack for each faction (8 available)
$0.99 for the Mercenary pack (1 available)
$7.99 for all Everything

Wow, that's cheaper than I thought. I figured $2/faction and maybe $15 for all would be a cheap price. Now if only it would download and not give the item not available error... Dang. Back to enjoying the sun.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ascension Final
Game 1: AstroLad 121 - gamecentrist/Vard 95 (actually quite intense, super-long game)
Game 2: AstroLad 95 - gamecentrist/Vard 67

Smiley90

oh and btw summoner wars is temporarily unavailable. ok now they're DEFINITELY trolling

Just woke up and it's not in the canada store -flips table- anyone have a direct link working?

I hate you guys soooo much right now :p

FUUUU. Tried the direct link from their twitter where they said it was available now, showed me the appstore entry just fine, but then when i click to download it says "item no longer available"

http://t.co/YtI0uwsE
Got it! Downloading now. Followed the link from their site after clicking "More Games" through Ascension then "Purchase on iTunes." Did it on my iPod.

Top Bottom