• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

Pay me, I will need it to feed my staving workers.

How do we know when that happens and how much food we need?

This will end poorly.

Pay me, I will need it to feed my staving workers.

How do we know when that happens and how much food we need?

This will end poorly.
When a boat hits the seventh space, after that turn you need to provide the number in the pot. Either through 'food' or francs. If you don't have it you sell buildings or take loans.
Ships provide some food so it is good to get some built soon.

Heel

When a boat hits the seventh space, after that turn you need to provide the number in the pot. Either through 'food' or francs. If you don't have it you sell buildings or take loans.
Ships provide some food so it is good to get some built soon.

Ohhhhh not a problem. Fish? I SMOKE THAT.

goPkk.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I started up a few games in neuroshima hex, loving it so far.

I still haven't taken the time to learnle havre, but I will tonight.

Unfortunately our game of NSHEX with Slacker got deleted :( Also, your guys' description of Le Havre, but the UI seems too unplayable for my iphone :(

If anyone hasn't done so yet, hit me up with some invites for Ascension/Carc/Nightfall/NShex anytime, not too much going on atm :) GC is smiley1790

Also, as I said, average appstore approval time is 8 days, so submission of Summoner Wars last Friday means... ETA should be this Monday/Tuesday if all goes well :x can't wait goddamn.

Unfortunately our game of NSHEX with Slacker got deleted :( Also, your guys' description of Le Havre, but the UI seems too unplayable for my iphone :(

If anyone hasn't done so yet, hit me up with some invites for Ascension/Carc/Nightfall/NShex anytime, not too much going on atm :) GC is smiley1790

Also, as I said, average appstore approval time is 8 days, so submission of Summoner Wars last Friday means... ETA should be this Monday/Tuesday if all goes well :x can't wait goddamn.

Yeah, 3 player NH seems to be hard to play, haha. People need to remember to take their turns! NH works well too, its not like those GC games where the update on the app disappears.

Oh well! I will just try to play more 2p ones, and try for 3p ones when I know who will be around I guess!

Having played it a while it's not that bad.
There's only a few things to do and once you've played a few short games with the in game autopilot for assistance you should get the hang of it.
There's 16 icons for resources but 8 of them are the improved version of the base version, so it isn't too overwhelming. Most of the base resources are displayed on the offer spots.
Each building card has a built in description so you don't need to go back to the rules too much.

gazele

Banned

Should I be excited for summoner wars? What game would you say it's most similar to?

Smiley90

Should I be excited for summoner wars? What game would you say it's most similar to?

Yes. Yes you should. iOS wise, Hero Academy is probably the closest. Boardgame-wise... Uh... It plays most like a traditional TCG, but with set decks (there's 6 factions with prebuilt decks, you CAN customize in real life, but not sure the iOS app will allow that, most likely just set decks), think a simpler version of MtG? It's a loooot of fun and playdek has a history (Ascension/Nightfall) of doing awesome ports, so definitely A LOT of reason to be excited about, Summoner Wars is a great game and we can expect a great port.

gazele

Banned
Yes. Yes you should. iOS wise, Hero Academy is probably the closest. Boardgame-wise... Uh... It plays most like a traditional TCG, but with set decks (there's 6 factions with prebuilt decks, you CAN customize in real life, but not sure the iOS app will allow that, most likely just set decks), think a simpler version of MtG? It's a loooot of fun and playdek has a history (Ascension/Nightfall) of doing awesome ports, so definitely A LOT of reason to be excited about, Summoner Wars is a great game and we can expect a great port.

Cool looking forward to it

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wait i'm confused as to where the ascension tourney stands

tm24 did we play? i thought we did but i dunno. if not guess we should :p

blackflag

There actually are mercenaries and reinforcement cards for at least vanguards and fallen.

bonesquad

Dammit. This game was a lost cause long ago... I was 3 points from sweeping 3-0. Now instead I get crushed two games in a row. I am streaky like that as my overall record shows.

Series goes to Vard 3-2. Oh well, maybe next time. Good series Vard.

Vard

Dammit. This game was a lost cause long ago... I was 3 points from sweeping 3-0. Now instead I get crushed two games in a row. I am streaky like that as my overall record shows.

Series goes to Vard 3-2. Oh well, maybe next time. Good series Vard.
Thanks, good series to you too. If you ever want to play some more games I'm totally up for it.

AstroLad/tm24, let me know when your series is over as I've got one of you two next!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Carcassonne: Yaboosh 101 - Heel 83

Good game. I really enjoy when games become about trapping the other guy's meeples the best you can, and sacrificing one of yours to trap two of your opponent's.

Edit: Astrolad, invite sent.

Smiley90

Yo smiley, our NH game is stuck on you being offline again. log into the match and see if it fixes it!

Yeah I just got a notice saying it's my turn, logged in and it said "RaySpencer is offline"... I hope it's fixed now, but I definitely took my turn...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ascension tournament

game 1: astrolad 97 - mightytm 78 (think it was something like that)
game 2: astrolad 93 - mightytm 86 (crazy close game)
game 3: astrolad 108 - mightytm 76 (got the 100 wins achievement!)

ggs mightytm!

gamecentrist inv incoming

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Carc Final
AstroLad 96
CzarTim 85

(Hadn't played you in forever CzarTim it feels even though we used to play Carc all the time so nice blast from the past. Really tense fun game too.)
GG!

Thanks for putting the tourney together! (I was the bridesmaid in the last two so I'll take it!)

!

Slacker

Astro is the Carcassonne king, but we gave him a run for his money, especially in the last two rounds. Congrats, A!

What's next? Anyone interested in a Hero Academy bracket? And/or a double-elim Carc tourney?

I'd like to join tourney. I'd like to play Carc, El Havre, Tigris & Euphrates, Ascension, or Scrabble.

I'd play Hero Academy too, but I've only played once and I'm pretty terrible.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think every game should have a tourney since it makes the games feel really intense :D

Always up for invites though apologies in advance if I'm a bit spotty with turns the next month or so (I do usually try to take at least one set of turns per day minimum though).

Currently playing and open to invites for (name is same as here in all games)
Carcassonne (all)
Neuroshima Hex (haven't played this in a few weeks so yes!)
Le Havre
Ascension (all)
Tigris & Euphrates

Smiley90

I think every game should have a tourney since it makes the games feel really intense :D

Always up for invites though apologies in advance if I'm a bit spotty with turns the next month or so (I do usually try to take at least one set of turns per day minimum though).

Currently playing and open to invites for (name is same as here in all games)
Carcassonne (all)
Neuroshima Hex (haven't played this in a few weeks so yes!)
Le Havre
Ascension (all)
Tigris & Euphrates

I agree, I think up next should be either Nightfall, Neuroshima Hex or Hero Academy :p

Slacker

I'll set up the next Carcassonne tourney, and a Hero Academy Tourney is there is interest. Here's what I'm pondering; tell me what you think:

Carcassonne

- Double elimination
- No 16 player limit - we'll just throw in whatever number signs up and let the system sort it out. We'll have a few byes that way but we won't have to leave anyone out.
- Do we want to do ELO seeding again? I like it, but like the randomness involved with not doing it.
- I'll keep signups open for a week before we start so everyone has a chance to see it and jump in.

Hero Academy

- Best 2 out of 3 game series against each opponent.
- Choose any race.
- I guess that's it. :p
- Maybe no player limit here either?

Heel

You should seed the top 8 in Carc by how they finished in the first tournament, then by ELO after.

I like the double elimination rule, aka your tournament isn't over when you run into Astro lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I did like the seeding stuff a lot -- it made it fun to watch for "upsets" and the like. With a loser's bracket even better since new players can get at least two games.

Top Bottom