• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

butzopower

proud of his butz
Guys, I'm waiting...

UolCu.jpg

tm24

Calling dibs on running the SW tourney. 2-3 weeks in practice, then lets go. Feel the wrath of my deep dwarves

Vard

Ok let's make this official:

Carcassonne Tourney 2: Revenge of the Farmers

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
blahness | blahness (1302)
tm24
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1381)
Slacker | Slacker (1192)
ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1242)
AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)

If you want in, post GC name and ELO. If you like making my life easier, give it to me like this:

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

I'll do the Hero Academy signups later in the week to not clutter the thread too much.
I'm definitely in for the next Carc tourney!

Vard | gamecentrist (1418)

(1418 = Friend ELO. Quick Play ELO = 1557.)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got it! Downloading now. Followed the link from their site after clicking "More Games" through Ascension then "Purchase on iTunes." Did it on my iPod.

Still not working for me, mind giving me a step-by-step? I keep getting the item not available error -.-

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ok let's make this official:

Carcassonne Tourney 2: Revenge of the Farmers

So far I have:

GAF name | GC Name (ELO)
besada
Heel
Astrolad
CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
blahness | blahness (1302)
tm24
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1381)
Slacker | Slacker (1192)
ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1242)
AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)

If you want in, post GC name and ELO. If you like making my life easier, give it to me like this:

GAF Name | GC Name (ELO)

Example:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

I'll do the Hero Academy signups later in the week to not clutter the thread too much.

Yaboosh | Yaboosh (1378)

Smiley90

Still not available for me. Fml. Any tipps/tricks onhow todownload straightfor iphone?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, why Summoner Wars? What makes it good?

kennah

So you can fill up that fourth corner while you're playing Ascension, Carc and Hero Academy. ;)

OT - but I have my wife halfway convinced towards an iPad 3 when I showed her your multitasking screenshots.

Smiley90

I sent you a PM on how I got it direct on my iPod. It was pretty simple for me. I can't get to the multiplayer though -- server issues.

Ah sorry, didn't see... But yeah, also not working. It shows up in the appstore alright, but whenever I click on buy, it gives me a the item you tried to purchase is no longer available" error :(

heringer

What's the level of deck customization in Summoner Wars? At least close to Magic 2013?

Also, do you unlock new cards by playing it? I found that was a good incentive to play the single player in Magic.

tm24

Basically, its a miniature game in card form. Pretty heavy on strategy with tons of different armies that have different playstyles. It's very well made in real form and digital form

Smiley90

What's the level of deck customization in Summoner Wars? At least close to Magic 2013?

Also, do you unlock new cards by playing it? I found that was a good incentive to play the single player in Magic.

Summoner Wars isn't a trading card game based on deck customization, it's really a living card game, where you fight with pre-built card decks. The small amount of customization comes from reinforcement packs, but it's mot essential/the point of the game, really.

heringer

Summoner Wars isn't a trading card game based on deck customization, it's really a living card game, where you fight with pre-built card decks. The small amount of customization comes from reinforcement packs, but it's mot essential/the point of the game, really.

Magic 2013 isn't a trading card game either. :p

I mean, you also play with pre-built card decks and have only a small amount of customization.

Smiley90

I mean, you also play with pre-built card decks and have only a small amount of customization.

But magic IS one, just duels of the planeswalker isn't ;) in that way they're close, yes, but based on different systems :D still can't dl, hopefully after work...

tm24

With the reinforcement packs, you can switch out every unit in the base deck for one in the reinforcement pack. So there's quite a bit of room for customization. Plus theres no codex creep either

heringer

But magic IS one, just duels of the planeswalker isn't ;) in that way they're close, yes, but based on different systems :D still can't dl, hopefully after work...

Oh you silly, you knew I meant Duels of the Planeswalker. :D

But are they close in the deck customization? I know it's very light, but I found to be satisfying enough in Magic 2013.

And I can't download the game either. :/

With the reinforcement packs, you can switch out every unit in the base deck for one in the reinforcement pack. So there's quite a bit of room for customization. Plus theres no codex creep either

That sounds good! but what are these reinforcement packs? Do I have to buy them separately?

Draxal

But are they close in the deck customization? I know it's very light, but I found to be satisfying enough in Magic 2013.

That sounds good! but what are these reinforcement packs? Do I have to buy them separately?

Buy the bundle for 7.99 you'll get the first 8 factions + reinforcement packs. Master set factions/reinforcements aren't in yet. Deck customization is that you need to have the same event cards/same starter cards (summoner + 3-4 common units). With those 3/4 units locked, you need to have a total of 18 common units/and 3 champions units. You can swap out any of those with any in faction cards (except the starter units) or up to 5 mercs total.

I think there is going to be codex creep with the second summoners going to be released soon some summoners are kinda underpowered atm (see vanguards).

tm24

Buy the everything bundle. The reinforcement packs are a set of 3 champions units and a 5 set of 2 different common units that you can mix in with the base faction deck. All decks must have 3 champion units and 18 (?) common units. So you can see where the cuztomization comes from. Add to this the existing mercenary pack, which is a reinforcement pack for every faction.

Smiley90

Yes I did :p but yes, with the reinforcement packs, Summoner Wars is oddly similar to duels of the planeswalker. Only that Summoner Wars has the extra board-movement mechanic ;)

Smiley90

Agreed. Developers just don't get it. Unless you can match the features of Carc and/or Ascension, don't bother.

Download still giving me the same error -sigh- too bad it's July 4 and their support team is out :(

Its just as the description entails: "Connect both bridges with a road and be the only player to score on it". There are only two bridge tiles included in the river expansion and you must connect the the two tiles with a road and score on it alone.
I think I figured out what I was missing. The second bridge tile doesn't really look much like a bridge. :)

Smiley90

Okay wtf. I logged into my US itunes account and it dl's no problem, but not with my Canadian... -.-

EDIT: And then when I try to purchase something ingame (now back on my canadian account) it gives me an "item being modified" error and I can't buy... Well, at least i have it now, but looks like it'll be offline only until all is sorted out

Smiley90

Got to download with my US account, but can't buy anything ingame... And my US account is purely for free apps, lol. So at least i have some offline now until I can buy the factions with my Canadian account.

Smiley90

I can still only play offline with the Elves, but... Omfg soooooo gooooooooood. Playdek needs to go in the thread title ASAP.

Got to download with my US account, but can't buy anything ingame... And my US account is purely for free apps, lol. So at least i have some offline now until I can buy the factions with my Canadian account.

Weird your having issues. I just woke up, DLed the game, played tutorial, and then bought the complete pack no issues. WEIRD MAN!

Edit: Also fuck you and your 2 Net Fighters!! haha, good game man, you just completely destroyed me. I love NH!!

Smiley90

Weird your having issues. I just woke up, DLed the game, played tutorial, and then bought the complete pack no issues. WEIRD MAN!

I hate you so much right now :'( But a lot of other people (here/BGG/everywhere) are having the same issue, so I fully expect playdek to fix it once their support team is actually working again, since they weren't today :D

Smiley90

Damn Ray, the NS hex game just finished but it's nto showing me ANYTHING, like. no idea what happened in the end or who won or anything... What was the final score? I'm pretty confident I won though :D

Damn Ray, the NS hex game just finished but it's nto showing me ANYTHING, like. no idea what happened in the end or who won or anything... What was the final score? I'm pretty confident I won though :D

Yo won by a lot, I dropped my missile dude by your base just to get your score down on the last turn, so it was like 0/20 (obviously) to like 13/20, haha. Your 2 Net Fighters were doing I think 4 damage each a turn, and then you had another guy doing 4ish right near by, and I couldnt kill them!

fun stuff though! love this game.

tm24

Hey guys, just came back from work and blowing shit up, is Smiley dead yet from anguish waiting for Summoner Wars?

Smiley90

Hey guys, just came back from work and blowing shit up, is Smiley dead yet from anguish waiting for Summoner Wars?

I was able to download it with my US account, but just have to resort to offline play with the Phoenix Elves until they hopefully fix it tomorrow though. I'M ALIVE. On the bright side, I'm 2/2 against the AI. On the dark side, I have a biochem midterm on friday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Not liking how this series is going too far... Ps: It's actually semi-finals!
Oh haha thanks getting ahead of myself.

SW still not working for me but it looks like Apple just screwed the pooch more broadly on this batch of updates so hopefully it will get sorted in the next week or so.

Anilones

As I wrote in the iOS thread:
With the release of Outwitters and Summoner Wars, I'm giving Nightfall a rest (probably until some expansions are released), so apologies if I don't accept rematches. Ht me up on those two or Hero Academy and Ascension too.

Top Bottom