• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

How is outwitters?

I like it because it's easier to tell the units apart (specific functions, i.e. sniper, medic, etc.) no matter who you are. But I really haven't played a whole lot of it yet - there is no single-player mode from what I can tell, so HA is better in that sense.

Not looking good for my Ice Goons, Ray!

I hate your BS rolls right now :'(

Edit: Your super roll to kill my reaper and get 3 magic, then your perfect 5 roll to kill one of my champs, then your perfect roll to kill my warrior. Its really stupid!

Edit2: Good game though! You were on your heals for pretty much the whole match until that reaper kill. pretty insane comeback for sure! I think I will try these undead dudes again soon, after I finish my round of all the teams.

Ive only played the tutorial, and a bot match so far (other than this fookin BRUTAL soon to be loss to SuperRobot), and im really enjoying it so far. sucks having to read all the cards right now to figure out what they do, haha. It also sucks killing dudes with reapers and making them awesome....only to find out that when they die, your enemy gets the magic :p

I hate your BS rolls right now :'(

Edit: Your super roll to kill my reaper and get 3 magic pile, then your perfect 5 roll to kill one of my champs, then your perfect roll to kill my warrior. Its really stupid!

One more magic point and I can summon Krung!

Edit: I'm in the same position as you. The AI is smashing me with the Tundra Elves - that freeze spell is maddening.

I'd like to get in that Carc tourney

Of All Trades | of.all.trades (1212)

Also I have Summoner Wars with the packs so invite away, gotta learn those decks somehow.

Is there an "Offer Draw" option in Summoner Wars.
What happens if both sides end up with only their summoners left.
Do you end up chasing each other around the board.

Draxal

Yeah I thought I reed they were doing the Master Set, but then... this isn't the master set at all lol. I would've known those better too...

Anyway, there's an SW update with no patch notes in the appstore. lol. Downloading now, probably just some hotfixes.

Ya, there was no way they were going to do Master set first, the initial races are much more basic with pretty identifiable themes, plus the reinforcements for the master set aren't all out yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there an "Offer Draw" option in Summoner Wars.
What happens if both sides end up with only their summoners left.
Do you end up chasing each other around the board.

Yes. (isn't there even a special achievement for winning in that case?)

Also, slacker (or was it sladeums?), why'd you forfeit your game against me? :x

sladeums

Yes. (isn't there even a special achievement for winning in that case?)

Also, slacker (or was it sladeums?), why'd you forfeit your game against me? :x

That was me.

There was nothing there I could see to do.
I had no magic, a handful of unusable events, no creatures to take from discards, and nowhere to move except into a corner.
It looked like I could at best drag it out for another couple turns or three but it all seemed rather pointless.

Smiley90

That was me.

There was nothing there I could see to do.
I had no magic, a handful of unusable events, no creatures to take from discards, and nowhere to move except into a corner.
It looked like I could at best drag it out for another couple turns or three but it all seemed rather pointless.

Oooh I see, it didn't show me the final board so I wasn't sure what stage our game was at.

Slacker

Finally got online with Summoner Wars over lunch. I am officially hooked. Great game. :) Accepted invites from a few gaffers, let's throw down!

Slacker

If you are still taking sign ups for the Carc tourney, I'd like in.

Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes (1179)

You are IN sir.

Everyone else, if you're playing in the Carcassonne Tourney number 2, please check the list at the top of this page. I've added everyone who I've seen request to play in this thread so far. If your name isn't there it means I missed you so let me know. :)

You are IN sir.

Everyone else, if you're playing in the Carcassonne Tourney number 2, please check the list at the top of this page. I've added everyone who I've seen request to play in this thread so far. If your name isn't there it means I missed you so let me know. :)

Thank you, sir.

Heel

Lol if we don't get any more players, yep looks like it. Hopefully he's not too busy to make his moves.

For the new page, here's the list so far:

Carcassonne Tourney 2 update

Here's what I have so far, in seeded order. The top four finishers from Tourney 1 are first, then everyone else in ELO order.
  1. Astrolad | AstroLad (1448)
  2. CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
  3. *Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1381) (awaiting result of 3rd place match)
  4. *Yaboosh | Yaboosh (1378) (awaiting result of 3rd place match)
  5. mikeworks | mikeworks (1690)
  6. Vard | gamecentrist (1418)
  7. Mercviper | mercviper (1406)
  8. chicobalay | chicobalay (1403)
  9. soldat7 | soldat7 (1384)
  10. AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)
  11. Heel | [Slade] (1324)
  12. eznark | eznark (1310)
  13. blahness | blahness (1302)
  14. Gamecocks625 | Gamecocks625 (1270)
  15. superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1265)
  16. InaudibleWhispa | InaudibleWhisper (1261)
  17. wideawakewesley | wideawakewesley (1254)
  18. RaySpencer | RaySpencer (1253)
  19. Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
  20. Flunkie | Flunkie44 (1226)
  21. Of All Trades | of.all.trades (1212)
  22. ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
  23. besada | mfelps (1200)
  24. Slacker | Slacker (1192)
  25. Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes (1179)
  26. animlboogy | animlboogy (1189)
  27. tm24 | Mightytm24 (1141)
As it stands now the lowest seeds will play each other in the first round then everyone will throw down from there. Double elimination allows everyone a second chance to win their way back to the top. :)

If you want to play give me name, GC name, and ELO like this:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

How about we get 32 players then have everyone play every round?

Wait, were we supposed to post our Quick Play EOL or our Friend Play EOL? Because my Friend Play EOL is definitely not in the 1600's!

Also what's the protocol for the tourney... do I have to add everyone on the list through GameCenter or something?

Slacker

Wait, were we supposed to post our Quick Play EOL or our Friend Play EOL? Because my Friend Play EOL is definitely not in the 1600's!

Also what's the protocol for the tourney... do I have to add everyone on the list through GameCenter or something?

We're using friend play ELO, so let me know what that is and I'll adjust. And you don't need to add everyone unless you just want a few new buddies. ;) Otherwise just add the person you're up against when we get started next week.

Vanguard are soooo weak. In a game with Blahness now, and I'm losing brutally hard, I just feel like turtling up with my Champion and Healers, because I have no attack. lol. According to ingame-overall faction stats, they're also the faction with the lowest win percentage among all players. I'm not surprised. :D
I customized my Vanguard deck after being really disappointed with my first play as them. Since then they've been a LOT better and I think they're my most played.

I still haven't played that much, but I definitely think that if they're customized then they are viable.

I like the jungle elves a lot too.

Puckmarin

Banned
So, evidently I was just approved for GAF today and this is my first post. :)

Two things:

1) Please, Please, Please feel free to add me as a friend via Gamecenter. My username is "Puckmarin." I've updated the Google doc with games that I have. I'm not sure I noted Summoner Wars but I have that as well.

and, speaking of Summoner Wars...

#2) What is the easiest deck to learn the game with? I've tried several and I seem to be getting owned by the AI constantly.

heringer

Vanguard are soooo weak. In a game with Blahness now, and I'm losing brutally hard, I just feel like turtling up with my Champion and Healers, because I have no attack. lol. According to ingame-overall faction stats, they're also the faction with the lowest win percentage among all players. I'm not surprised. :D

Mercenaries! :D

tm24

Two things:

1) Please, Please, Please feel free to add me as a friend via Gamecenter. My username is "Puckmarin." I've updated the Google doc with games that I have. I'm not sure I noted Summoner Wars but I have that as well.

#2) What is the easiest deck to learn the game with? I've tried several and I seem to be getting owned by the AI constantly.
Feel free to add people too. Dont be afraid!

Draxal

I don't think mercs compensate the Vanguard's weaknesses enough, (designer stated he thought healing was stronger than what ended up happening in real game so they ended up being underpowered.).

Two things:

I would go for either GD/PE but customize it a bit (a simple customization is to put extras of GD Defenders/PE Warriors in them), or copy one of these decks listed here.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/images/games/summoner-wars/Deck-Cards.pdf

Smiley90

I haven't touched any of the mercenaries yet, wanted to get a feel for each deck first ;) really liking the Jungle Elves so far, they have some really sweet cards. But really, only Vanguard have kinda disappointed me so far, I'll look into adjusting that deck first.

And yeah, phoenix elves is probably easiest (probably also why it was chosen to be the free one), since it's mostly direct damage based.

Im getting some weird crashes in Summoner Wars bot matches, its weird. Its a bug of some sort, because if I reboot the game and load the match it would crash at 50% everytime.

Smiley90

I'm at 100% win rate after 4 games with 4 different teams now, yessss. One of them included a from-behis victory with the Vanguard, in which I spent like 75% of the game with just 2 champions and a summoner turtling up in a corner and healing lol. That was... Odd.

Am I too late?

Bigdaddygamebot / bigdaddygamebot (1110)

Lol if we don't get any more players, yep looks like it. Hopefully he's not too busy to make his moves.

For the new page, here's the list so far:

Carcassonne Tourney 2 update

Here's what I have so far, in seeded order. The top four finishers from Tourney 1 are first, then everyone else in ELO order.
  1. Astrolad | AstroLad (1448)
  2. CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
  3. *Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1381) (awaiting result of 3rd place match)
  4. *Yaboosh | Yaboosh (1378) (awaiting result of 3rd place match)
  5. mikeworks | mikeworks (1690)
  6. Vard | gamecentrist (1418)
  7. Mercviper | mercviper (1406)
  8. chicobalay | chicobalay (1403)
  9. soldat7 | soldat7 (1384)
  10. AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)
  11. Heel | [Slade] (1324)
  12. eznark | eznark (1310)
  13. blahness | blahness (1302)
  14. Gamecocks625 | Gamecocks625 (1270)
  15. superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1265)
  16. InaudibleWhispa | InaudibleWhisper (1261)
  17. RaySpencer | RaySpencer (1253)
  18. Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
  19. Flunkie | Flunkie44 (1226)
  20. wideawakewesley | wideawakewesley (1226)
  21. Of All Trades | of.all.trades (1212)
  22. ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
  23. besada | mfelps (1200)
  24. Slacker | Slacker (1192)
  25. Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes (1179)
  26. animlboogy | animlboogy (1189)
  27. Octobot | MechaOctobot (1143)
  28. tm24 | Mightytm24 (1141)
As it stands now the lowest seeds will play each other in the first round then everyone will throw down from there. Double elimination allows everyone a second chance to win their way back to the top. :)

If you want to play give me name, GC name, and ELO like this:

Slacker | Slacker (1192)

I'd say Summoner Wars needs an undo button, but I understand why it doesn't have one with the dice rolls.

Still, in two games now I have pressed the wrong button or attacked with the wrong person completely by accident. :( I had a chance to win one of those games too. I had a 4 strength Vanguard champion next to a 4 health summoner. I didn't even attack, and my champion was dead next turn. :(

On my other game I lined up my Jungle Elves, and then didn't even attack since I hit the button to end the phase.

CzarTim

I'd say Summoner Wars needs an undo button, but I understand why it doesn't have one with the dice rolls.

Still, in two games now I have pressed the wrong button or attacked with the wrong person completely by accident. :( I had a chance to win one of those games too. I had a 4 strength Vanguard champion next to a 4 health summoner. I didn't even attack, and my champion was dead next turn. :(

On my other game I lined up my Jungle Elves, and then didn't even attack since I hit the button to end the phase.
Agreed. I'd like an undo button for all non-attack actions.

eznark

Banned

I keep accidentally summoning undead with my special at the end of a round. Very frustrating when trying to build up magic to summon a champion.

Smiley90

Yeah some of the special abilities go off at the worst moments when you don't want them -.-

Also, I wish there was an option to change your deck after a game's over, "rematch" just makes you play with the same deck and "rematch edit deck" only allows you to edit the current deck, not change it :(

Heel

Sending Astrolad an invite for the finals

What was your score in the semi finals?

NeoGAFAscension.png

Yeah some of the special abilities go off at the worst moments when you don't want them -.-

Also, I wish there was an option to change your deck after a game's over, "rematch" just makes you play with the same deck and "rematch edit deck" only allows you to edit the current deck, not change it :(

Just use the arrows on the side of the summoner when you pick rematch edit deck.

Also, fuck. haha nice kill on me man, haha. I like the Jungle dudes, I thought I had you when I locked you in that corner, but shit happens! haha.

Im having a lot of fun testing out all the races right now, they all seem really awesome in their own way. I think the Goblin ones are the only ones that dont really interest me visually, but I havent really played them very much yet to see if I like them mechanically.

Im off to a bad start now though! 0-2!! and both games I was doing well to start, and just got foolish or unlucky and lost! Im used to losing against most of you guys though, haha.

Edit: Sorry to be boring Smiley, but im gonna go with the Jungle Elves again, you beat me so fast last time I need another game with them to figure them out a little better, haha.

Man, its crazy how the free fire elf people only have like 20 more games played than the next faction online, thats awesome. It basically means there is very few people playing the game without purchasing a faction or 2. Good for playdek and for the future of how they would sell their games im sure.

Quick question (that I could easily google, but instead I will ask you smart people! ) for all your summoner wars vets, since the factions are both listed as the say 'Cave Goblins' but also have the name of the summoner 'Sneeks' Does that mean there is, or will be different summoners for factions later? I hope so, I like options!

Top Bottom