• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

bonesquad

Man, its crazy how the free fire elf people only have like 20 more games played than the next faction online, thats awesome. It basically means there is very few people playing the game without purchasing a faction or 2. Good for playdek and for the future of how they would sell their games im sure.

Quick question (that I could easily google, but instead I will ask you smart people! ) for all your summoner wars vets, since the factions are both listed as the say 'Cave Goblins' but also have the name of the summoner 'Sneeks' Does that mean there is, or will be different summoners for factions later? I hope so, I like options!

I'm pretty sure those are online only stats, and since to play online you need to buy at least one faction...I'm not sure that means much.

I'm no vet, but I read on BGG (somewhere, I'm lazy too:) that they do plan on releasing new summoners and associated event cards for the existing factions as possible standalone decks that are mixable.

Man, I played about 10 SW games against the AI before jumping online (going about 4-6, though one win was thanks to a bug in the AI where it 'decided' to stop moving). Didn't help. Got destroyed in my two online games so far. I have no idea what I'm doing...

I'm pretty sure those are online only stats, and since to play online you need to buy at least one faction...I'm not sure that means much.

I'm no vet, but I read on BGG (somewhere, I'm lazy too:) that they do plan on releasing new summoners and associated event cards for the existing factions as possible standalone decks that are mixable.

Man, I played about 10 SW games against the AI before jumping online (going about 4-6, though one win was thanks to a bug in the AI where it 'decided' to stop moving). Didn't help. Got destroyed in my two online games so far. I have no idea what I'm doing...

Well damn, didnt know you couldnt play online without buying something, that makes sense though I guess.

I got bored and looked it up anyway, and saw they dont currently have any new summoner cards, which is to bad, but its good to hear they are planning on releasing some. OPTIONS!

... What I DID see though, is there is already 15 fucking factions! fffffffuuuu, I hesitate to say that I NEED THOSE NOW, since Ive barely played the ones ive already got, but fuck it, I NEED THOSE NOW, haha. Benders and Mountain Vargath look awesome visually, so I need those asap.

I also saw that the board game is 4 players, which sounds like fucking madness to me, haha. From my brief look into it, it seems its 2v2 and is somehow still played on the same mat I guess? sounds crowded and insane, haha. I can see why they didnt put 4 player in the iOS version, but I really want to try that out now, so I might have to grab the actual board game and 3 friends, haha.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just use the arrows on the side of the summoner when you pick rematch edit deck.

Also, fuck. haha nice kill on me man, haha. I like the Jungle dudes, I thought I had you when I locked you in that corner, but shit happens! haha.

Im having a lot of fun testing out all the races right now, they all seem really awesome in their own way. I think the Goblin ones are the only ones that dont really interest me visually, but I havent really played them very much yet to see if I like them mechanically.

Im off to a bad start now though! 0-2!! and both games I was doing well to start, and just got foolish or unlucky and lost! Im used to losing against most of you guys though, haha.

Edit: Sorry to be boring Smiley, but im gonna go with the Jungle Elves again, you beat me so fast last time I need another game with them to figure them out a little better, haha.

:lol I'm going same too :p 6-0 now... But Anilone's got me beat :/

Also, changing with the arrows at edit deck didn't work for me, you sure it works?

:lol I'm going same too :p 6-0 now... But Anilone's got me beat :/

Also, changing with the arrows at edit deck didn't work for me, you sure it works?

Not sure if it works when you actually agree to rematch, I just tested to see if you could. I thought maybe you had missed those arrows like I did, heh. I will test it out with the next person I lose/win against.

Your profile says you have a loss! Who's lying!? you or the game! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

Smiley90

Not sure if it works when you actually agree to rematch, I just tested to see if you could. I thought maybe you had missed those arrows like I did, heh. I will test it out with the next person I lose/win against.

Your profile says you have a loss! Who's lying!? you or the game! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

Anilones beat me :p i just haven't looked at the loss yet :'(

EDIT: nvm, went 5-0 before losing to Anilones :x still happy with my start :p

octobot

What was your score in the semi finals?

NeoGAFAscension.png

I won 3 games to 2

eznark

Banned
I'm terrible but absolutely loving this game. I have no idea what the decks do though so employing any sort of strategy is tough.

I'm terrible but absolutely loving this game. I have no idea what the decks do though so employing any sort of strategy is tough.

Yeah, there is a lot to learn! I think I was nearly done a match vs the Ice Giant people before I realized the summoner can roll to hurt you with the walls, haha. I was so confused the whole time as to where the damage was coming from. So now I try to read all the enemy cards :p

Shieet.

I just did to Eznark what SuperRobot did to me! Eznark was controlling our match, he was Fallen Kingdom, and I was the Cloaks (with a few hired mercs). All I could do was hide in a corner, and try not to feed too many men to his Reapers, and when those reapers did get some extra damage I just did everything I could to get rid of them while I turtled in the corner. So I had a couple magic, used it to Assassinate his 3d Reaper, and then just turned in a bunch of cards for 2 quick turns to feed my magic. It worked out great, as I had 9 Magic that turn, which was more than enough to bring in my hired mercenary Malevolence, BAM moved her up quick to his summoner who was positioned in the corner of his territory, and rolled a complete BS roll for 4 and knocked him out.

Fun times, I quite like the Cloaks to be honest. They have a few really fun abilties (just like every other faction, haha). Fallen Kingdom might still be my favorite so far though, Archers rolling for Magic Lock is the most brutal thing to see when you need some magic so fucking bad, haha. Zombie Warriors killing your missplaced dude with only 1hp, and now you've got 2 zombies headed your way is also amazing. The gamble of Reapers is so fun too, can you get them up to 5 damage? just destroy things...but if they die BAM, now your enemy has 4 Magic coming his way, haha.

I love this game so much right now. All I had heard about it was Jeff Cannata on Weekend Confirmed basically telling people they need to shut up about stupid Hero Academy and play the REAL game called Summoner Wars, and boy was he right. (though I will go play more Hero Academy when I can play as the TF2 team!)

eznark

Banned
Shieet.

I just did to Eznark what SuperRobot did to me! Eznark was controlling our match, he was Fallen Kingdom, and I was the Cloaks (with a few hired mercs). All I could do was hide in a corner, and try not to feed too many men to his Reapers, and when those reapers did get some extra damage I just did everything I could to get rid of them while I turtled in the corner. So I had a couple magic, used it to Assassinate his 3d Reaper, and then just turned in a bunch of cards for 2 quick turns to feed my magic. It worked out great, as I had 9 Magic that turn, which was more than enough to bring in my hired mercenary Malevolence, BAM moved her up quick to his summoner who was positioned in the corner of his territory, and rolled a complete BS roll for 4 and knocked him out.

Fun times, I quite like the Cloaks to be honest. They have a few really fun abilties (just like every other faction, haha). Fallen Kingdom might still be my favorite so far though, Archers rolling for Magic Lock is the most brutal thing to see when you need some magic so fucking bad, haha. Zombie Warriors killing your missplaced dude with only 1hp, and now you've got 2 zombies headed your way is also amazing. The gamble of Reapers is so fun too, can you get them up to 5 damage? just destroy things...but if they die BAM, now your enemy has 4 Magic coming his way, haha.

I love this game so much right now. All I had heard about it was Jeff Cannata on Weekend Confirmed basically telling people they need to shut up about stupid Hero Academy and play the REAL game called Summoner Wars, and boy was he right. (though I will go play more Hero Academy when I can play as the TF2 team!)

I almost died laughing. I have like 10 matches going right now and had literally just done the exact same thing to another opponent when you did it to me. DAMN IT!

Also, playing against someone using the same deck is awful. I can't believe they didn't do something to denote a difference in teams when using the same faction.

Also, fuck the cloaks. That annoying "kill whoever the fuck you want" card is garbage!

I almost died laughing. I have like 10 matches going right now and had literally just done the exact same thing to another opponent when you did it to me. DAMN IT!

Also, playing against someone using the same deck is awful. I can't believe they didn't do something to denote a difference in teams when using the same faction.

Also, fuck the cloaks. That annoying "kill whoever the fuck you want" card is garbage!

I dunno, it costs 2 magic, and you can only use it on common people, most of the time id rather have a 2 magic unit, or to save them for a champ. its REALLY important to save for Reapers if your fighting the Fallen Kingdom, or at least it has been for me. The Cloaks kinda seem like a shitty group of people, with a couple AMAZING tricks, so manny of their dudes die so quick, but when you throw in some 5 space snipes, and a thief rush that makes you drop a card, they just end up being a lot of fun to play.

eznark

Banned
I dunno, it costs 2 magic, and you can only use it on common people, most of the time id rather have a 2 magic unit, or to save them for a champ. its REALLY important to save for Reapers if your fighting the Fallen Kingdom, or at least it has been for me. The Cloaks kinda seem like a shitty group of people, with a couple AMAZING tricks, so manny of their dudes die so quick, but when you throw in some 5 space snipes, and a thief rush that makes you drop a card, they just end up being a lot of fun to play.

Ya, just sucks when you don't know it exists or haven't played enough to strategize for it.

This game is really, really fantastic.

Ya, just sucks when you don't know it exists or haven't played enough to strategize for it.

Yeah, a lot if these first few games is basically just a crap shoot, once we all have a few games as each faction under our belt things should get a little less crazy.

I'm playing some AI right now, and I hate how long their turns take!

Smiley90

The "long" turns with a lot to do make it perfect for async and the platform, and thank god playdek got to do it because they make awesome ports. Result = god-tier iOS boardgaming. So addictive. 7-1 record now, with like 17 gamea going on at the same time... Lol.

Smiley90

I'm like 1-5 in SW but loving it. I'll be playing this game for years.

Playdek is god. Carc might have slightly better functionality with ELO and chat, but Summoner Wars as a game and how well and accessibly (dat UI) it was ported more than makes up for it. New iOS king IMHO.

Now

1. SW
2. Carc.
3............. Long nothing.

4. Ascension

Damn smiley! Nice win in nightfall, I knew not taking Any death grips would hinder me, I didn't think it would lose me the match though! Haha. Nice one.

Smiley90

Damn smiley! Nice win in nightfall, I knew not taking Any death grips would hinder me, I didn't think it would lose me the match though! Haha. Nice one.

Haha thanks, wound counter helped me there :p i wouldn't have done it if i didn't know that was the last action of the game, because I didn't have anything to defend if you'd gotten another attack in :p

Smiley90

Sweet Summoner Wars game Diesel, that was intense in the end. I took your ability to swap out your leader at the end of your turn away so I knew I was gonna get you the next turn, but I only had 2 HP left and you rolled for 3.... RISK TAKEN RISK REWARDED. that was close and really intense. :D So glad you only rolled one hit there :p

Anilones

Anilones beat me :p i just haven't looked at the loss yet :'(

EDIT: nvm, went 5-0 before losing to Anilones :x still happy with my start :p
I may retire right now, especially as I discarded all my on-board cards except the summoner on my game with Ray Spencer without knowing what was happening.

Haha thanks, wound counter helped me there :p i wouldn't have done it if i didn't know that was the last action of the game, because I didn't have anything to defend if you'd gotten another attack in :p

Yeah, sometimes I find I look at that thing too much, I want to turn it off. The problem is, if a person wants too, they can keep track of it anyway, so it would just be a disadvantage for lazy people....which is what I am :(

I may retire right now, especially as I discarded all my on-board cards except the summoner on my game with Ray Spencer without knowing what was happening.

Never retire man! You never know what will happen in a game, its still super early in that match anyway.

Anilones

Never retire man! You never know what will happen in a game, its still super early in that match anyway.
I didn't mean retire in our game! Don't worry, you'll get your win, especially as I added two wounds to my summoner. I don't think Ret-Talus is my sort of team.

I didn't mean retire in our game! Don't worry, you'll get your win, especially as I added two wounds to my summoner. I don't think Ret-Talus is my sort of team.

You did some weird stuff that turn, you should have summoned exactly what you did, but put the archer on the side, and the champion infront. then you could have moved him up and possibly hit on all 3 attacks with your champ and killed my summoner. Games not over yet though!

Summoner Wars needs a chat function.

Does anyone play Food Fight? That one looks interesting, and I like what I've played of Playdek's conversions so far.

How about Nightfall? I'm not actually sure I'd like Nightfall. I like Dominion and Ascension (iOS).

Summoner Wars needs a chat function.

Does anyone play Food Fight? That one looks interesting, and I like what I've played of Playdek's conversions so far.

How about Nightfall? I'm not actually sure I'd like Nightfall. I like Dominion and Ascension (iOS).

All of playdek games need chat!

Food fight is weird, it's got amazing art, and there is a decent amount of single player content, but the actual game play is really lacking. Nightfall on the other hand is amazing, top 5 iOS board games for sure.

How hard would it be to incorporate some sort of chat system within Gamecenter?

This is what I really want, it would be nice if playdek would stick chat in their games, but really it should just be a part of game centre. Or the messages app should let me send messages to people based on their GC id. It works with email addresses and phone numbers, might as well add in GC id. It would be better if it was kept out of each game anyway, then when games end you don't automatically lose the whole chat.

Heel

As accidentally posted in the iOS thread, haha:

Might be a good idea to grab Hacienda while it's on sale.

http://cubeyourmind.com/2012/07/03/hacienda-1-2-submitted/

As you know, we decided to improve Hacienda with a series of small improvements. Yesterday we submitted for Apple approval version 1.2 of Hacienda.

In submitted version you will find:

redesigned (improved, we hope!) scoring screen: bigger and more clear
volume adjustments of backgrounds sounds
clarifications in rules (points for markets)
minor graphic improvements
new screens for App Store

As we promised we were working on both Retina version and multiplayer mode. In release 1.3 we want to implement “undo” for tiles placing and improve quality of dragging elements on the board. Version 1.3 should be submitted as soon as version 1.2 will be released.

tm24

During the brouhaha when the release had problems someone from playdek was on a BGG thread and he agrees with you. It sounded like they want to do it but resources and priorities etc etc.

Well, outside of SW hype, the most common post/tweet from playdek is about hiring. They can't find the resources :(

Well, outside of SW hype, the most common post/tweet from playdek is about hiring. They can't find the resources :(
It would be nice for users. Hard to make a case for it contributing to extra sales.
Anyway, they need to be getting Agricola done next :p

Smiley90

Improved to 11-1 in SW. This game is fun. I have wins with every faction but Odin so far :x (that's mostly because I have only one game with Odin going and not finished yet...)

Improved to 11-1 in SW. This game is fun. I have wins with every faction but Odin so far :x (that's mostly because I have only one game with Odin going and not finished yet...)

Your last win against me was pretty hilarious. I dont think I could have done more things wrong! and then add to the fact that your playing as the Frost Giants doesnt help, haha. I was going for a full ranged Jungle Elf attack, but I dont really know how to play them yet, so I will try that again later :p

Top Bottom