• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You'll never know!!!!

That screen was after my attack. I was already dead :(

ah damn :/ But yeah the Phoenix Elves special allows him to add 2 damage to any unit within 2 spaces without dice roll :p so really, only your roll was down to luck... what did you roll? Did you have a chance to kill him?

CzarTim

ah damn :/ But yeah the Phoenix Elves special allows him to add 2 damage to any unit within 2 spaces without dice roll :p so really, only your roll was down to luck... what did you roll? Did you have a chance to kill him?

No, he was full health and I rolled 3/3. Oh well.

octobot

Game 1 Ascension final: Octobot 81 - Astrolad 80
Such a good first game. I thought you had it Astro when you cleared all my constructs out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gaaah that was awesome. i actually thought i was toast pretty early on when you got all those constructs and i was sitting there with only decent monster-killing so even though it was a bummer was a very fun game

So I downloaded Summoner Wars, butvim wary about the IAP's... Are they there to make the playing field uneven, or just unlock new modes like Carc?

Smiley90

So I downloaded Summoner Wars, butvim wary about the IAP's... Are they there to make the playing field uneven, or just unlock new modes like Carc?

They a) unlock online play and b) give you extra factions. They're really well balanced though, and at this point noone knows them too well anyway :p they also add mercenary packs to add some customization to the default decks, if you wanna swap out some cards.

octobot

Ascension finals game 2
Astrolad 60 - Octobot 53
Closer than I thought that game. You seemed to always have those librarians in hand lol

butzopower

proud of his butz
OP needs some Summoner Wars / Le Havre love. Speaking of Le Havre, is anyone actually playing? All my games have been waiting for a few days :\

Smiley90

Summoner Wars crashes too often. Anyone know if they're going to fix this or should I just delete and re-install?

Haven't had a single crash in A LOT of playtime yet... I'd say gIve reinstalling a try. Game just came out, I'm sure they'll fix more bugs soon.

Smiley90

I just realized something:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,368
User Name Posts
Smiley90 341
AstroLad 323
Heel 219
RaySpencer 178
tm24 166
sladeums 108
Slacker 76

damn Astro. What are we doing with our lives...

7 Magic points - I could summon some serious looking Vanguards if that wall turns up.
You wouldn't dare attack my Vanguard Lady with 1 remaining health then.
No way.
I'd keep well away.
Just in case.

7 Magic points - I could summon some serious looking Vanguards if that wall turns up.
You wouldn't dare attack my Vanguard Lady with 1 remaining health then.
No way.
I'd keep well away.
Just in case.

Damn Gaurdian and his stupid special ability just saved your ass right now! ><

BLARG! I wasted a damage booster card too!

If you lose this game from here just delete SW and never reinstall it.
10 Magic - No walls!!!!

The worst part of not having walls, is that when youdo get one, you will still have to wait till next turn to summon.

Fuck, Ive got a crazy gamble going on here with Anilones, I hope it pays off in the end. Haha.

Anilones

The worst part of not having walls, is that when youdo get one, you will still have to wait till next turn to summon.

Fuck, Ive got a crazy gamble going on here with Anilones, I hope it pays off in the end. Haha.
I'm currently 5-0, I can't lose, I mustn't lose.

Not that it matters now but the Vanguards have an event (take 3 magic from discard pile) which allows a summons directly after playing it.
I played it to shed cards from my hand, but if I kept it and got a wall I could have got someone else on the board.
12 Magic points....

I'm currently 5-0, I can't lose, I mustn't lose.

You shouldnt have, but now you might....

I summoned the wrong champ, haha. I summoned the one that gets a bonus 1 damage on attack, instead of the one that can control an enemy unit. fuuuuuuu.

Edit: Yup! and there goes that champ, I will be pretty sad to lose this match just because I summoned the wrong dude, haha. le sigh.

Not that it matters now but the Vanguards have an event (take 3 magic from discard pile) which allows a summons directly after playing it.
I played it to shed cards from my hand, but if I kept it and got a wall I could have got someone else on the board.
12 Magic points....

Yeah its a brutal way to lose with so much magic like that. Dwarves are really fun to play, I usually dislike Dwarf anything, but they are one of my favorites in this game.

edit: sorry. Its really early, I totally forgot I just posted, haha.

eznark

Banned
FUCKING MISCLICK!!!!!!

Ret-Talus' special has fucked me like a dozen times now. I didn't want to summon units, I wanted to attack with him! God damn it!

eznark

Banned
Super intense. Im just glad me running away like a bitch for like 10 turns payed off, I would have felt really bad if it hadnt. Great game man.

I need to stop being so offensive. I've been pretty much just aggressively attacking every turn and it's killing me. I think now I've got a pretty good handle on a couple factions but I just randomed the cloaks in a game and have no idea!

This game is fantastic.

Summoner Wars crashes too often. Anyone know if they're going to fix this or should I just delete and re-install?
I'm on an iPod Touch 4. Crashes all the time when I'm trying to customize decks. I reported it and they said they're working on it. Aside from that it's been pretty stable.

Edit: thought Anilones quoted me, not Eznark! Whoops.

Both Anilones and especially smiley have pretty awesome win/loss records. I need to know your guys secrets!

Slacker

Carcassonne Tourney 1 is COMPLETE. Thanks to all who participated. Congrats to our fantastic four:

1. AstroLad
2. CzarTim
3. Gatekeeper
4. Yaboosh

Carcassonne Tourney 2 update

Here's what I have so far, in seeded order. The top four finishers from Tourney 1 are first, then everyone else in ELO order.

If you plan to play please make sure your name is on this list. As far as I know I've added everyone who said they will play.
  1. Astrolad | AstroLad (1448)
  2. CzarTim | CzarTim (1391)
  3. Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM (1412)
  4. Yaboosh | Yaboosh (1378)
  5. mikeworks | mikeworks (1437)
  6. Vard | gamecentrist (1418)
  7. Mercviper | mercviper (1406)
  8. chicobalay | chicobalay (1403)
  9. soldat7 | soldat7 (1384)
  10. AirBrian | AirBrian (1372)
  11. eznark | eznark (1310)
  12. blahness | blahness (1302)
  13. Heel | [Slade] (1298)
  14. Gamecocks625 | Gamecocks625 (1270)
  15. superrobot | Diesel Pioneer (1265)
  16. InaudibleWhispa | InaudibleWhisper (1261)
  17. RaySpencer | RaySpencer (1253)
  18. Smiley90 | smiley1790 (1251)
  19. Flunkie | Flunkie44 (1226)
  20. wideawakewesley | wideawakewesley (1226)
  21. Of All Trades | of.all.trades (1212)
  22. ScrabbleDude | scrabbledude! (1200)
  23. Ghost Dad the Whip | The Gentleman Ghost Dad (1200)
  24. besada | mfelps (1200)
  25. Slacker | Slacker (1192)
  26. Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes (1179)
  27. animlboogy | animlboogy (1189)
  28. TechSamuraiX | TechsamuraiX (1188)
  29. Octobot | MechaOctobot (1143)
  30. tm24 | Mightytm24 (1141)
  31. sladeums | sladeums (1130)
  32. Bigdaddygamebot / bigdaddygamebot (1110)

Reminder on the rules:

- Single game matches against each opponent
- Double elimination
- Base game only
- Feel free to work out whether you'll play async or live with your opponent.

We didn't need any time limits last time, so hopefully everyone will keep making their moves this time. I'd say a resonable time frame to finish a match is three days. Most last time did finished their matches on the same day they were assigned, so it all went pretty quick. We have a hardcore enough group here that it should work. How awesome is it, by the way, to have 30+ hardcore boardgamers ready to play online against each other? :)

The time to lock in the brackets is nigh upon us. If you want to play and haven't told us yet, now is the time. Give me your GC name and Friend ELO rating plskthx. I'll lock it down this afternoon and we can get started with the matchups. LETS DO THIS, GAF.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Along with updating the thread title, I corrected the scandalous spelling mistake AstroLad made! Carcassonne, not Carcassone!!! *nerd meltdown*

Along with updating the thread title, I corrected the scandalous spelling mistake AstroLad made! Carcassonne, not Carcassone!!! *nerd meltdown*

Thanks Stump! That's some fast fucking service! Now go buy summoner wars and we can play :p

lol that ice wall special attack is so awesome. I just wiped out 4 units with it.

Yeah, the frost giants are a lot of fun, and really good... Maybe even tooooo good! Smashers taking for sure damage sucks sometimes though, haha.

My Fallen Kingdom vs Fallen Kingdom game with blackflag is taking a long time.

Current position:
photo.png

I think I'm in a good position, but it's going to need some luck since we're pretty much out of resources.

I like it more. It gives it more of a strategic feel to me. You have to keep in mind how far you need to move your pieces, how much magic both sides have and where they can get more, and total power of each side. I don't need to worry about drawing what I need or having my opponent draw better.

eznark

Banned
I like it more. It gives it more of a strategic feel to me. You have to keep in mind how far you need to move your pieces, how much magic both sides have and where they can get more, and total power of each side. I don't need to worry about drawing what I need or having my opponent draw better.

I am playing too many games at the same time and cannot remember which units are mine and which are the opponents.

Great game, Slacker!

Slacker

I love stats, so it's cool Playdek puts 'em out there for Summoner Wars.

Most played races
  1. Phoenix Elves - 1501 (16.33%)
  2. Tundra Orcs - 1305 (14.2%)
  3. Fallen Kingdom - 1278 (13.91%)
  4. Guild Dwarves - 1239 (13.48%)
  5. Jungle Elves - 1098 (11.95%)
  6. Cloaks - 1061 (11.55%)
  7. Vanguards - 946 (10.29%)
  8. Cave Goblins - 762 (8.29%)

Win/Loss numbers
  1. Tundra Orcs - 822/483 (62.99%)
  2. Guild Dwarves - 727/512 (58.68%)
  3. Cave Goblins - 404/358 (53.02%)
  4. Phoenix Elves - 743/758 (49.5%)
  5. Jungle Elves - 521/577 (47.45%)
  6. Vanguards - 416/530 (43.97%)
  7. Fallen Kingdom - 527/753 (41.17%)
  8. Cloaks - 436/625 (41.09%)

And yep great game eznark. Rematch incoming. :)

Edit: Reminder for the new page: Today is the last day to sign up for GAF Carcassonne Tourney 2. Info all up in this post here. Will lock in the bracket later today so sign up quick!

I love stats, so it's cool Playdek puts 'em out there for Summoner Wars.

Most played races
  1. Phoenix Elves - 1501 (16.33%)
  2. Tundra Orcs - 1305 (14.2%)
  3. Fallen Kingdom - 1278 (13.91%)
  4. Guild Dwarves - 1239 (13.48%)
  5. Jungle Elves - 1098 (11.95%)
  6. Cloaks - 1061 (11.55%)
  7. Vanguards - 946 (10.29%)
  8. Cave Goblins - 762 (8.29%)

Win/Loss numbers
  1. Tundra Orcs - 822/483 (62.99%)
  2. Guild Dwarves - 727/512 (58.68%)
  1. Cave Goblins - 404/358 (53.02%)
  2. Phoenix Elves - 743/758 (49.5%)
  3. Jungle Elves - 521/577 (47.45%)
  4. Vanguards - 416/530 (43.97%)
  5. Fallen Kingdom - 527/753 (41.17%)
  6. Cloaks - 436/625 (41.09%)

And yep great game eznark. Rematch incoming. :)

Edit: Reminder for the new page: Today is the last day to sign up for GAF Carcassonne Tourney 2. Info all up in this post here. Will lock in the bracket later today so sign up quick!

I really hope the Orc and dwarf numbers go down a bit, it seems pretty well balanced, but the orcs specifically seem too high.

Edit: I broke your list with my bolding :(

Top Bottom