• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

That was fast! Got The Shakes and my powered through it in like an hour, I won 90-74! Now if only I knew where the spreadsheet was to see who's next... really, ongoing tourney stuff should be reposted every page please :x

Good game. I knew I was in a little trouble when you basically had what turned into the big field claimed like 10 turns into the game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
... DAMN, I just realized that Diesel was the guy that had originally eliminated me from the Winner's bracket. Oh this shit's going DOWN.
(I'll lose again)

I've been waiting....
drago_fullsize.jpeg

Grifter

On top of Lost Cities invites, my wife is asking for Carcassonne invites since she's not on GAF and has no friends - Caira22.

I'm still on Carc too - risottoball.

Hereafter

Haha yeah that was crazy. Your cave goblins seem to have gotten a lot better.

Thanks, I' think I understand them better, it is not about all out attack but slowly lining up those event cards. Then smash the opponent in 1 super event spectacle!

I find I actually like destroying walls with the goblins if you haven't noticed :)

mercviper

Thanks, I' think I understand them better, it is not about all out attack but slowly lining up those event cards. Then smash the opponent in 1 super event spectacle!

I find I actually like destroying walls with the goblins if you haven't noticed :)

I find I actually don't like it when you do that :p

Smiley90

Argggghhhhh that game... was slightly infuriating. I had to wait like 20 tiles for either a curve or a city-completing tile despite there being multiples available, and when I got them it was too late :( Lost surprisingly close though, 111-109 :( gg! LOST TWICE TO YOU, YOU EVIL HUMAN BEING.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I put the tournament links in the OP -- sorry, should have done that earlier! From now on I'll keep links to all active tournaments there at the top.

Not 100% about our SW group actually. Probably holiday madness, but has anyone seen AirBrian or CzarTim? I think I may have played a game against CzarTim but not sure. I will send an inv. AB haven't seen in a few days. We'll see! Forfeit wins work too. :p

Smiley90

I put the tournament links in the OP -- sorry, should have done that earlier! From now on I'll keep links to all active tournaments there at the top.

Not 100% about our SW group actually. Probably holiday madness, but has anyone seen AirBrian or CzarTim? I think I may have played a game against CzarTim but not sure. I will send an inv. AB haven't seen in a few days. We'll see! Forfeit wins work too. :p

I have a Lost Cities turn from Airbrian in from Saturday, so he's probably just gone for the long weekend. :p Also CzarTim just posted here like yesterday/saturday after our most recent SW game, so same probably goes for him.

CzarTim

We had a game going when the tourney started, haven't done an official one yet though.

Hey AirBrian and CzarTim, have we played our second games yet? I can't remember

Just invited you for our second.

CzarTim

Anyone up for a Lost Cities Tourney? We'll do single game rounds, but make it double elimination since the games are quick to play. We'll seed by skill (go to New Game, then look at the % listed above "Versus Online Opponent".

GAF Name | GC Name | LC Online Skill %
CzarTim | CzarTim | 49.1%

mercviper

If you were to separate the first and second games with a period, the first group looks like a bunch of dead faces from everyone that has fallen under hereafter's wrath.

Smiley90

Sounds good.
As long as I get to play Smiley90

GAF Name | GC Name | LC Online Skill %
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer | 43.8

I hate you so much right now :(

Gaf name: Smiley90
GC name: smiley1790
LC Online Skill: 15.5%

... I have hardly any games played, only some against Astro and AirBrian........ I'll try to get some more games in and get my rating up. I HAVE beaten Astro though! :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Should I care about SolForge?

I pledged. :)

I'm not a CCG guy at all, but I think Richard Garfield is brilliant (RoboRally, King of Tokyo, Netrunner) and Justin Gary also isn't half bad (Ascension) so I can't see it not being a quality title.

Smiley90

Should I care about SolForge?

I kickstarted 25.-, so yes, yes you should. It's made guys from Ascension and guys from MtG, so it's pretty much bound to be a great game (and since Gary Games worked with Playdek and MtG also has an iOS version I'm confident it'll be a good iOS game. Plus, it's made ground up for mobile.)

eznark

Banned
But it's going to be a FTP pay to win CCG, right? I mean, I like the people involved but I don't really support the business model that this sort of thing pretty much has to be built on and they really didn't dissuade me of that perception.

Top Bottom