• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think so, because I've played people with way lower % than me and gained 3.5 or whatever while they lost just a little (.5). In reality I shouldn't be gaining that much against lower-ranked people, at least under an Elo-like system. Quite possible I just misread something or something though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't think so, because I've played people with way lower % than me and gained 3.5 or whatever while they lost just a little (.5). In reality I shouldn't be gaining that much against lower-ranked people, at least under an Elo-like system. Quite possible I just misread something or something though.

Maybe they're taking your current "form" ibto account? The little arrow? As in, if you win against someone streaky you get more points than winning against someone on a losing streak (and if you're on a losing streak and manage to win you get more as if you just added another win to a winning streak)

No idea though.

eznark

Banned
Lost Cities Tourney - Single game rounds, double elimination. Seed by skill (go to New Game, then look at the % listed above "Versus Online Opponent".)

GAF Name | GC Name | LC Online Skill %
CzarTim | CzarTim | 49.1%
AstroLad | AstroLad | 44%
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer | 43.8%
AirBrian | AirBrian | 39.4%
Hereafter | Thenafter | 33.2%
bigwinnerx | bigwinnerx | 30.7%
bonesquad | justjeff | 19.9%
Mercviper | Mercviper | 19.1%
gatekeeper |Z3R0_5UM |16.1%
Smiley90 | smiley1790 | 15.5%
Grifter | risottoball | 7.0%
Squirrel Killer | Squirrel_Killer | 7.0%
Mike Works | mikeworks | 7.0%
Kosh | Kosh One | ???%

Updated. If we can get 2 more, that should be good. Otherwise this is the group!

I'll play if you need more people. I was kind of hoping we'd actually get one tournament of any game done before we started any more though!

Smiley90

I'll play if you need more people. I was kind of hoping we'd actually get one tournament of any game done before we started any more though!

We totally got an Ascension tourney done! like... months ago...

If its not too late I would love to play lost cities tourney, even though I am probably terrible.

Jessecuster | Jessecuster3 | ???

sladeums

Well, Thunderstone added GameCenter login support. Not sure if it ties in with creating a multiplayer game though. I created a game for 'friends only', anyone wanna see if they can find it?

Not that this saves the game from running like molasses...yikes.

I deleted it, so cannot check .... but according to posts on TA you still have to sign into FB once you start the game since they are using FB for notifications.

If so : lol, wtf, and these guys are truly awesome!

CzarTim

Lost Cities Tourney - Single game rounds, double elimination. Seed by skill.

Final List:

Smiley90 | smiley1790 | 33.2%
gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM |16.1%
Kosh | Kosh One | 5.6%
tm24 | mightytm24 | ???%

http://challonge.com/gaflostcities1

gaflostcities1.png

Start your engines!

(Apparently you cannot invite a person on your friends list if you are already in the middle of a game with them. Finish up the old game first and then start one for the tournament.)

Smiley90

Lost Cities Tourney - Single game rounds, double elimination. Seed by skill.

Final List:

Smiley90 | smiley1790 | 33.2%
gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM |16.1%
Kosh | Kosh One | 5.6%
tm24 | mightytm24 | ???%

http://challonge.com/gaflostcities1

Start your engines!

(Apparently you cannot invite a person on your friends list if you are already in the middle of a game with them. Finish up the old game first and then start one for the tournament.)

Single Game double elimination, or best of 3 double elimination? The games are short and fairly luck-based (more than Carc at least) so I wouldn't oppose a best of 3 double elimination format.

CzarTim

Single Game double elimination, or best of 3 double elimination? The games are short and fairly luck-based (more than Carc at least) so I wouldn't oppose a best of 3 double elimination format.

For this one, single game. Don't want it to drag on too long.

Heel

I deleted it, so cannot check .... but according to posts on TA you still have to sign into FB once you start the game since they are using FB for notifications.

If so : lol, wtf, and these guys are truly awesome!

lol

It's scary that all these board game companies are giving their IP to untested developers. Stone Age was just announced by some first timers too. I hear that's a good game, so hopefully they don't botch it.

Fuuuu....

I just skipped over my movement phase in a game vs TM. I mean the game isnt lookin good for me right now anyway, but doing that certainly doesnt help, haha.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sorry about exiting so quick gamecentrist, I misclicked, hah. Good game!

He won 110 or something to 90 something.

I have really good luck with the fallen kingdom phantom, I've only really gotten to use it maybe 7 times, but I think I've gotten 6's on at least 4 of those....

I'm going to hate when karma sets in and I can't roll a 6 ever again :(

Hereafter

I have really good luck with the fallen kingdom phantom, I've only really gotten to use it maybe 7 times, but I think I've gotten 6's on at least 4 of those....

I'm going to hate when karma sets in and I can't roll a 6 ever again :(

I wish the phantom didn't turn games over like that. That is my biggest pet peeve about the game. Only when it happens to me of course :).

I wish the phantom didn't turn games over like that. That is my biggest pet peeve about the game. Only when it happens to me of course :).

Haha, yeah I was pretty scared of your Anica, she would have sapped out all my magic in no time im sure, haha.

The good news is (and this is stupid for me to be telling to the best SW player we have here but,) that was my only Phantom, haha. Ive thought about putting in another 1, or maybe even 2 many times, but I just cant do it.

Im fairly certain that ive settled in on FK being my team now though (despite the fact that I have a losing record with them, haha), I just really enjoy how they play, there is so many weird nuances with them, and the fact that I find them pretty simple to play strategy wise. So I will probably send more invites your way, so I can get destroyed over and over and hopefully pick up some new strategies in games like this where its a mirror match, or grab a few deck tips from you after weve played a few more games.

Hereafter

Ray, is there a race you want me to play?

I'm just toying with different races right now. If you want I can play my best race. Currently I'm just playing random.

Ray, is there a race you want me to play?

I'm just toying with different races right now. If you want I can play my best race. Currently I'm just playing random.

Nope, anything is good. I've just made a couple big mistakes on my first turn in 2 of our games now, normally I would keep playing, but vs you there doesn't seem to be much point, haha.

Smiley90

LC Tourny update!

I beat risottoball in a tight fight that came down to pretty much the last few cards 35-20. gg!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mightytm we are playing in Lost Cities tourney right? Want to send me the inv? Know we just wrapped up a pre-tourney game.

Smiley90

Mhmmm, I think my game with Slacker just timed out? I was one turn away from a guaranteed win anyway (his units were all frozen and he had no cards left), but still... Seems like our group is the most inactive :/ tempted to just call all games against chico&slacker forfeit-wins unless they magically reappear? Are all other groups done but ours? Organizer, you decide.

tm24

Mhmmm, I think my game with Slacker just timed out? I was one turn away from a guaranteed win anyway (his units were all frozen and he had no cards left), but still... Seems like our group is the most inactive :/ tempted to just call all games against chico&slacker forfeit-wins unless they magically reappear? Are all other groups done but ours? Organizer, you decide.

If there's no progress by the time me and kosh settle our playoff, we're done!

AirBrian

SW Update:

All my games are finished except versus bonesquad/jeff. Invite sent out!

LC Update:

Mike and I just finished a "friendly," so this new game counts.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
After playing the new Netrunner extensively this weekend -- oh man what I wouldn't give to have a Playdek version. Guess I could say that about a lot of games, but it's made for Playdek damn it!

tm24

After playing the new Netrunner extensively this weekend -- oh man what I wouldn't give to have a Playdek version. Guess I could say that about a lot of games, but it's made for Playdek damn it!

Stop tempting me to buy the game!

Also, how many of you ponied up for Solforge?

Top Bottom