• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

eznark

Banned
@Eznark. Tough game for you in SW. I pretty much neutered Gror and it went downhill from there.

Rematch?

ha, yeah, I was enjoying the pace and was trying to get it finished before I had to leave the office and kind of rushed things to put you away. blah! So close.

mercviper

I DEFEATED MY NEMESIS and beat superrobot in the LC tourney 28 to 4.

image.php

I always end up with fewer points than I think I will have in LC. Probably because I don't try to hoard enough cards of the colors that I have investment/coins for and focus more on just breaking even.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lost Cities
Smiley90 28 - 4 superrobot

Good game. Committed to too many lanes in the end.

I hope you win the loser bracket so I can beat you again, Carc tourney style.

But gg! I wish I'd gotten more blues but otherwise went quite well, got 4 10's.

Xater

Finally added myself to the list. Learned Nightfall today and that seems really cool. Next up to learn ist Summoner Wars. I expect that it will be one of my favs.

Grifter

Yay, unbanned.

Won my LC games vs. Kosh: 37-35.
He somehow used every lane positively while I was forced to keep discarding and hope for cards on one specific lane, got just lucky enough.

Grifter

I won against Squirrel Killer, 24 - -13.
An odd, lucky game where I kept getting cards in sequence to pile on. Big win for squirrels everywhere.

Hereafter

@Rayspencer, good game. I had to draw Elut away for the Violet and Sin-Sin combo. Rematch?

@Kosh One, good game, why did you keep sending out the priests? I think they cost you the game. I asked for a rematch. I'm playing Fallen Kingdom.

Kosh

@Kosh One, good game, why did you keep sending out the priests? I think they cost you the game. I asked for a rematch. I'm playing Fallen Kingdom.

Yeah, sorry. I threw down the iPad in frustration. Trying to learn these different factions, I don't want to always use Dwarf or Orc. I'll accept as soon as I get a chance.

Took some time off this thread after I got laid off in mass RIM lay offs. I just received a job offer today though, so I'm ready to go.

Any tournaments or anything getting started that I can jump in on?

Hereafter

Took some time off this thread after I got laid off in mass RIM lay offs. I just received a job offer today though, so I'm ready to go.

Any tournaments or anything getting started that I can jump in on?

Nope, you're too late for everything! But if you signup @ pocket tactics, there's a Summoner Wars league starting. It's also a great site for mobile strategy game coverage.

I'm going to send you a SW challenge to get you back into it :)

I've been out of touch with card games later, but how is Spectromancer?

image.php

I hear good things about the game. I think Soldat can answer with more details.

Hereafter

I took out the king!

Yeah, im totally pro-Vanguard now

After going 12-0, the lost to you set of a 0-3 streak. Now I think 'I'm cursed.

Can I also forfeit our Ascension game, cause it's really boring. the middle row is really really stupid, plus after that last round, I'm 99% going to lose.

tm24

After going 12-0, the lost to you set of a 0-3 streak. Now I think 'I'm cursed.

Can I also forfeit our Ascension game, cause it's really boring. the middle row is really really stupid, plus after that last round, I'm 99% going to lose.
Yeah, go ahead. Seriously, that was an awful center row for that early in the game. It wasn't even fun like the time i got both rat kings on the starting row

mercviper

I've been out of touch with card games later, but how is Spectromancer?

It looks nice and it was fun the first play through in the campaign, but I think it fails in that there is little spell diversity that the game tries to make up for by randomizing the available spells you can have each duel. I think they do so because randomizing will add a different experience each duel and therefore replayability, but it often just ends up frustrating me because I know spell X in class Y would serve me better and have a better synergy with spell Z, but I didn't get randomed X, so Z feels kinda useless. This isn't as much of a problem in draft mode, but draft mode still has you choosing spells in a random selection, so you may still end up without those synergies, and choosing the same spell twice grants a really boring bonus to that compared to what's available in the campaign mode.

That said, I still fire it up to play through the campaign on a harder difficulty setting because I'm working to unlock some of the more OP spectromancer classes and try them out, but I see myself dropping it if I find something more interesting to occupy my time. Especially since I'm getting random bugs where my campaign gets corrupted. :/

@Rayspencer, good game. I had to draw Elut away for the Violet and Sin-Sin combo. Rematch?

I read this for some reason like you were admitting defeat, and was wonder wtf you were talking about. haha. Loaded up the game to see you crushed me once again! :p

I sent an invite your way.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Waiting on the winner for group D's 2nd place spot. I already have the next round matchups that were chosen in a totally random number (aka i had a 4 year old pick numbers)

Uh, slacker and chico are not around, so if you're waiting for those results we'll never finish. Just assume their opponents won.

Caved today and bought Ra, Through The Desert and Samurai. Was in a Knizia mood, lol. They're all quite decent adaptations!!! It's a shame about Ra being on OpenFeint as opposed to GC, but hey, can't win them all.

They need to bring Amun-Re, Taj Mahal, Blue Moon and the regular Modern Art to the platform and we'll have all of Knizia's best games on the iOS. :D

Are iOS Battleline, Medici and Ingenious any good?

bonesquad

AirBrian needs to take more than one turn every two days in our SW game. And I thought I was slow:) But seriously, you're down to 24 hours left on your timer! (started at 7 days)

I'll also have to make a new loser bracket N Hex game since It disappeared... (didn't want to start it over the weekend:(

Hereafter

AirBrian needs to take more than one turn every two days in our SW game. And I thought I was slow:) But seriously, you're down to 24 hours left on your timer! (started at 7 days)

I'll also have to make a new loser bracket N Hex game since It disappeared... (didn't want to start it over the weekend:(

There is a NH tourney @ GAF?

AirBrian

Hey I took two turns yesterday!

Sorry, it's been a hectic few days for me. I'm around today so lets knock it out!

tm24

CzarTim already has it locked up. Group D is finished.

Wait, so did you lose your last game to bonesquad? If thats the case, theres a tie and bonesquad advances since he beat Czartim twice instead of splitting. BTw, if anyone else wants to get started on their round 2 match ups, here they are

Hereafter vs tm24
Smiley90 vs bonesquad?
eznark vs mercipver
Astro vs blackflag

Top Bottom