• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran To US: We'll Help You Against ISIS If You Lift Nuclear Sanctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Iran have obvious interests in wiping out this menace or they would never have called out to help in the first place. IS could also very will pose a threat to Iran in the future if they were left alone to grow with the whole world doing nothing. Iran is also a Shia country and I find it strange that they see no obligation to help out their Shia neighbors being slaughtered when the have the means and power to stop them rather easily at this stage. Actually I find the whole general middle eastern apathy towards this conflict saddening.

Of course they have interests in getting rid of them. Doesn't change the fact that a ground operation is costly and could last a very long time. If the US is unwilling to send ground troops back due to money and cost to human lives, don't expect other countries to help clean this mess without some sort of incentives, which in this case is lifting the sanctions that could actually go towards funding a military operation.

Obviously it doesn't mean allowing Iran to restart its nuclear program, that needs to be part of the agreement. It would be insane to allow any more country to have nuclear weapons.

I don't know, I don't think the US will like ISIS getting its hands on the WMDs Saddam developed.

bidenthumbsup7kopk.gif

Fuck it. Let'em have a nuke program. Iran's slowly deradicalizing.

Even if the US did go for this deal, Iran still wouldn't get weapons. The moment that Iran looks to be getting close to developing nuclear weapons, Israel would break all the bunker busters they have saved up and carpet bomb all the nuclear facilities into flaming rubble.

Nesotenso

Fuck it. Let'em have a nuke program. Iran's slowly deradicalizing.

I don't want us to pick the Ayatollah over ISIS. Let's just not favor either party. If they wanna damage ISIS (and the only reason here is the Shia-Sunni divide) they are more than welcome to. But we shouldn't side with the Ayatollah.

commedieu

Banned
US To Iran: We'll Help YOU Against ISIS If You stop enriching Uranium to near Nuclear weapons grade

Israel enriches uranium for weapons too. But they have their own israeli nuclear watch dog. Outside of the usa/iran iaea. Problem here is double speak from the usa. No nukes should mean no nukes for anyone. And the usa shouldnt fund israel due to this.

Else, others will always try to stay ahead of the competition. If israel has nukes. So should their neighbors.

If israel doesn't have nukes. Neither should their neighbors.

linsivvi

Israel enriches uranium for weapons too. But they have their own israeli nuclear watch dog. Outside of the usa/iran iaea. Problem here is double speak from the usa. No nukes should mean no nukes for anyone. And the usa shouldnt fund israel due to this.

Else, others will always try to stay ahead of the competition. If israel has nukes. So should their neighbors.

If israel doesn't have nukes. Neither should their neighbors.

I can't agree with that. We need less nukes in this world, not more.

commedieu

Banned
I can't agree with that. We need less nukes in this world, not more.

Needing less is a lot different than people having the desire to be in an arms race that israel started.

No one needs nukes. Including israel and the usa.

Have courage to say something, and apply your rule equally. Not picking and choosing.

The reason nukes are persued is because israel has nukes. Israel should not have nukes. And enriched uranium behind our governments back. Then they throw a whistle blower in an isolation ward for revealing israels weapons programs.

Just look at things from all sides. Neither needs nukes when israel hasnt shown its responsible enough to deal with traditional weapons. Nor have they been honest to the usa about their weapons program. Israel doesn't need its own regulation agency either. It needs to play by the rules everyone else does. Billions in funding sent to them be damned.

If we let israel illegally build nukes. Then there is no merit behind any condemnation of others.

We invade countries for wmds and working outside of regulation agencies. Israel has done all of this. Yet no invasion or condemnation. The message is dirty when you allow israel special rights.

Read up on dimona plant. Creating fake walls for inspectors (denying access to underground enrichment facilities )and the whistle blower. Weve invaded countries for far less.

We need international help and the international community support the ongoing battle against this nonsense. Pretending that iran is going to nuke israel is insane. Mossad and co would destroy iran before lunch.

Apparently this whole story may be a Three's Company episode . .

A defiant statement by the Iranian Foreign Minister linking cooperation against ISIS in Iraq to sanctions relief might actually be a giant, lost-in-translation misunderstanding, the State Department said today.

According to state-run media, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Iran would help the West with the crisis in Iraq if the West lifts sanctions – a report that has made its way into English-speaking media.

"If we agree to do something in Iraq, the other side of the negotiations should do something in return,” Zarif is quoted as saying. “"All the sanctions that are related to Iran's nuclear program should be lifted,” he added.

But State Department translators believe Zarif was actually referring to “Arak,” the nuclear reactor in Iran that shares the same pronunciation as “Iraq,” the country.

“We’ve looked at the language a couple of times, actually, and think he was not linking, in that specific quote, fighting ISIS in Iraq to lifting of Western sanctions. He was talking about making progress on Arak, the nuclear facility, to lifting of Western sanctions. Our Farsi speakers have taken a bunch of looks at it and think that he was referring to that.
I’ll let him speak for himself, and if he wants to clarify and disagree with me -- I am not a Farsi speaker,” a State Department spokeswoman said.

“It’s almost unbelievable,” she added.

http://news.yahoo.com/unbelievable-...rks-today-225222860--abc-news-topstories.html

bomma_man

It's funny how you put the blame on Iran's inaction when they have had no involvement in what created the ISIS menace.

Now you gonna blame Iran for not help clean up America's mess while they are being heavily sanctioned? That's some kind of bullshit right there.

Iran's hold over Baghdad was one of the reasons why Iraq's Sunni population felt desperate enough to engage these fucks.

I don't want us to pick the Ayatollah over ISIS. Let's just not favor either party. If they wanna damage ISIS (and the only reason here is the Shia-Sunni divide) they are more than welcome to. But we shouldn't side with the Ayatollah.

The US is already sucking Saud cock, the mad family leading an absolute theocratic monarchy. A half-democratic theocracy that provides more rights and freedoms when compared to the former, is a much better ally.
And Iran acquiring nukes sounds like a good counterbalance to the rising demographic of ultra-zionists in Israel who are, ironically, more likely to nuke first.

Double standards with regards to Israel and nuclear issues is part of the reason no one in the middle east trusts us.

Why would they? We toppled Iran's government. We shot down their commercial airliner. We have sanctions against them.

Meanwhile we let Israel run scot free doing whatever the hell they want.

Frog-fu

Banned
Double standards with regards to Israel and nuclear issues is part of the reason no one in the middle east trusts us.

Why would they? We toppled Iran's government. We shot down their commercial airliner. We have sanctions against them.

Meanwhile we let Israel run scot free doing whatever the hell they want.

I agree very much with this post.

linsivvi

Needing less is a lot different than people having the desire to be in an arms race that israel started.

No one needs nukes. Including israel and the usa.

Have courage to say something, and apply your rule equally. Not picking and choosing.

The reason nukes are persued is because israel has nukes. Israel should not have nukes. And enriched uranium behind our governments back. Then they throw a whistle blower in an isolation ward for revealing israels weapons programs.

Just look at things from all sides. Neither needs nukes when israel hasnt shown its responsible enough to deal with traditional weapons. Nor have they been honest to the usa about their weapons program. Israel doesn't need its own regulation agency either. It needs to play by the rules everyone else does. Billions in funding sent to them be damned.

If we let israel illegally build nukes. Then there is no merit behind any condemnation of others.

We invade countries for wmds and working outside of regulation agencies. Israel has done all of this. Yet no invasion or condemnation. The message is dirty when you allow israel special rights.

Read up on dimona plant. Creating fake walls for inspectors (denying access to underground enrichment facilities )and the whistle blower. Weve invaded countries for far less.

We need international help and the international community support the ongoing battle against this nonsense. Pretending that iran is going to nuke israel is insane. Mossad and co would destroy iran before lunch.

I agree that there's a lot of hypocrisy and double standards. The US is anything but a consistent player in the world stage.

Now that Israel has nukes though, the right course of action is not to say, "hey, let's not be hypocrites and let others have nukes too.", but to deal with Israel's nuclear program.

Of course It's easier said than done, because it's almost politically impossible for America to do a thing about it. But even doing nothing is still better than letting the nuclear arms race escalate, in a region with so many radical non-state actors even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom