• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

NateDog

Alright so was not FFXV, disappointmageddon :(
I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet.

Also I think I'm getting sacked Monday. Been a crazy week for so many ridiculous reasons and I ended up only being in for half a day all week (GF had to go to A&E one day, then we got some news that a family member may be in danger and found out they weren't where they said they would be or with who they said they would, and then I got sick) and my manager said that they and my assistant manager need to have a talk with me on Monday morning, bricking it.

Podge293

I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet.

Also I think I'm getting sacked Monday. Been a crazy week for so many ridiculous reasons and I ended up only being in for half a day all week (GF had to go to A&E one day, then we got some news that a family member may be in danger and found out they weren't where they said they would be or with who they said they would, and then I got sick) and my manager said that they and my assistant manager need to have a talk with me on Monday morning, bricking it.

Depending where you work surely they've to give you a warning first? Or if they do sack you bring workplace relations into it. They're pretty good for those kinda things

NateDog

Depending where you work surely they've to give you a warning first? Or if they do sack you bring workplace relations into it. They're pretty good for those kinda things
I honestly don't know, I've only ever missed like 2 days from work before I got into this job but this has been a bad few months and as I've been going through the renewal process of my medical card and they've barely updated me about anything I haven't been able to go to the doctor when I've needed to. They've told me contradicting things too so often ("if you're sick then just stay out, it's not worth you trying to come in" *then I stay out and tell them I won't be in on a day* "*sigh* will you be in tomorrow? We just need to keep on top of things"). I want out but I can't afford it now and I never expected something like this to happen.

acohrs

I honestly don't know, I've only ever missed like 2 days from work before I got into this job but this has been a bad few months and as I've been going through the renewal process of my medical card and they've barely updated me about anything I haven't been able to go to the doctor when I've needed to. They've told me contradicting things too so often ("if you're sick then just stay out, it's not worth you trying to come in" *then I stay out and tell them I won't be in on a day* "*sigh* will you be in tomorrow? We just need to keep on top of things"). I want out but I can't afford it now and I never expected something like this to happen.

It would be very unlikely they would sack you for that unless you have received written warnings about such stuff before. Payoff would be too big in that scenario too.

I think it's probably more a clear the air meeting so don't worry too much mate.

NateDog

It would be very unlikely they would sack you for that unless you have received written warnings about such stuff before. Payoff would be too big in that scenario too.

I think it's probably more a clear the air meeting so don't worry too much mate.
OK well that's a little more reassuring, thanks. I think I'm just going to give in my notice after the start of December anyway, I can't stick the place and having a long notice period to give has kept me from getting better jobs in certain places where they've wanted me earlier so I hope that by the time that's over I ought to have something lined up.

Lucreto

It's a busy week for me.

FFXV on Tuesday
Christmas Tree being set up Wednesday
THE Game Awards on Thursday and more Christmas decorations
The Toy Show on Friday and even more decorating.
PSX on Saturday evening and FFXV all day
FFXV all day.

acohrs

We should do a topic in OT for it.

Have any of the rest of you been watching Stetson's and Stiletto's on RTE? I had no idea people liked country music so much. It's kinda bizarre.

Saw a trailer for it, it scared me.

Edit: beat Dishonored 2 finally last night (not doing all the extra stuff yet), and got Pokemon Moon off of the 3DS store (10 yoyos cheaper than gamestop). Someone here better have Pokemon Sun to trade with me!

Jamie OD

Anyone making a OT for it? LOL

Would like to see the rest of gaf exposed to the toy show.

Usually I look up Boards for the show reactions but last year was rather quiet. That might be because the year before everyone was joking so much about Tubridy being on drugs that the mods had to step in and clean up the thread.

Lucreto

Saw a trailer for it, it scared me.

Edit: beat Dishonored 2 finally last night (not doing all the extra stuff yet), and got Pokemon Moon off of the 3DS store (10 yoyos cheaper than gamestop). Someone here better have Pokemon Sun to trade with me!

I have Sun, I have yet to start it really. Just got the updated pokedex

Daire

Neo Member
I asked this in the EU deals thread but EireGAF, how long does the game collection usually take to ship? My copy of FFXV only just shipped today.

Every time I have been on the red line (5 times maybe) there as been a fight or some other loud argument that resulted in people getting kicked off and the thing having to take a extended stop.

Those where all middle of the week and middle of the day as well. Not exactly 11 on a Saturday night.

Podge293

Every time I have been on the red line (5 times maybe) there as been a fight or some other loud argument that resulted in people getting kicked off and the thing having to take a extended stop.

Those where all middle of the week and middle of the day as well. Not exactly 11 on a Saturday night.

It's a god awful line. Great in theory but needs a lot more policing on it. Driver can't do much except sit at a stop and tell them to get off. At least with security guards there's less of a hassle or delay.

With one of my only orders from TGC it was shipped on a Saturday and arrived to me on the Monday. :/

I've only ordered a couple of times with them though.

I used to get stuff shipped early all the time, not recently though. Maybe they lost the touch.

Red line is fantastic. I travel on it reasonably often and I've never not seen a fight or a hassle or drunk people on it, no matter what time of the day.

While I am talking shit on public transport.

Was on the good old 45a from Dun Laoghaire to Bray and this creepy old and totally pissed man kept trying to talk to this young girl (13-15 maybe) who just wanted to mind her own business and when he got up and got close to her that dude got kicked off the bus so hard by the driver and this other stocky dude. The girl didnt seem phased by it and rang her mum to joke about it but that shit was messed up

Also this one time I was on the DART and some old lady randomly sat beside me on a near empty train and started to try and talk to me about Madeleine Mccann. I politly said "this is my stop" at the next stop and moved a few carriages down.

.............I should buy a car.

Today's the day.

DHL says my package from SQUARE ENIX is scheduled for delivery before the end of the day. Will just have to get it home from work, hope the box isn't too big!

acohrs

While I am talking shit on public transport.

Was on the good old 45a from Dun Laoghaire to Bray and this creepy old and totally pissed man kept trying to talk to this young girl (13-15 maybe) who just wanted to mind her own business and when he got up and got close to her that dude got kicked off the bus so hard by the driver and this other stocky dude. The girl didnt seem phased by it and rang her mum to joke about it but that shit was messed up

Also this one time I was on the DART and some old lady randomly sat beside me on a near empty train and started to try and talk to me about Madeleine Mccann. I politly said "this is my stop" at the next stop and moved a few carriages down.

.............I should buy a car.

I use the red line everyday, never had a hassle but use it for commuting. It's so packed that you couldn't mess even if you wanted to

NateDog

What does it say when you check on the store?

It said shipped when I checked Saturday but I didn't receive anything. I bugged Square about it who sent me a tracking number yesterday. When I checked it it had been sent first from a warehouse in the UK over a week ago, but they only give me it yesterday. It ended up being delivered at 6PM yesterday, but to my parent's house, despite me changing the address on the order months ago, and then again asking Square to confirm to me when shipped to see if I could ask the courier to either send it here instead or at least hold it somewhere closer. I hope I won't have to deal with the Square store again after this.

It said shipped when I checked Saturday but I didn't receive anything. I bugged Square about it who sent me a tracking number yesterday. When I checked it it had been sent first from a warehouse in the UK over a week ago, but they only give me it yesterday. It ended up being delivered at 6PM yesterday, but to my parent's house, despite me changing the address on the order months ago, and then again asking Square to confirm to me when shipped to see if I could ask the courier to either send it here instead or at least hold it somewhere closer. I hope I won't have to deal with the Square store again after this.

Arch, messy. It's worth it though buddy, contents and packaging are fantastic.

NateDog

Arch, messy. It's worth it though buddy, contents and packaging are fantastic.

Yeah it really is quite nice, I'm really surprised at the Sound Selection too, 29 tracks from the main game alone would have been impressive to me but with Kingsglaive and Brotherhood tracks too? Very nice. I didn't open the art book yet, is it any good? I remember the XIII art book had just renders which was awful, I hope this one doesn't have any of that.

acohrs

Speaking of collectors editions, Fiancee surprised me last week with the Dishonoured 2 one. Love the game and steel book, don't know what to do with this giant mask though.

Anyone want it for free?

acohrs

Sister preordered Pokemon Sun from Amazon. Still hasn't arrived. Anyone in the same boat?

Amazon has taken weeks for stuff to reach me before so I wouldn't worry too much.

IMO, this is the best pokemon game ever created as I can catch Growlithe, Lillipup, and Rockruff within the first hour or so. Dogpack 4 lyf

Top Bottom