• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

NateDog

Speaking of collectors editions, Fiancee surprised me last week with the Dishonoured 2 one. Love the game and steel book, don't know what to do with this giant mask though.

Anyone want it for free?
Try sell it? I'm sure you could get some decent value for it somewhere, maybe Adverts or eBay.

Also Amazon are awful for preordering games to Ireland. I pre-ordered FO4 a long while before release and they only shipped it on release day, and only because I gave them shit for it. If it still isn't shipped complain to them, they should send it pretty fast and via express.

Podge293

Sister preordered Pokemon Sun from Amazon. Still hasn't arrived. Anyone in the same boat?

Order it direct or to parcel motel or something?

Cuz parcel motel is surprisingly slower than usual.

If direct, could be they ran out of stock and are delaying issuance.

acohrs

Try sell it? I'm sure you could get some decent value for it somewhere, maybe Adverts or eBay.

Also Amazon are awful for preordering games to Ireland. I pre-ordered FO4 a long while before release and they only shipped it on release day, and only because I gave them shit for it. If it still isn't shipped complain to them, they should send it pretty fast and via express.

Might take it to Oxfam, they could use a fake videogame mask, right?

who wouldn't want a free drop of guinness

i don't like guinness, go to the jameson distillery instead.

Had a Hotel in Smithfield the last time around (2015), so first thing we alcos did was the Distillery tour.

BTW: what is your legal age of drinking in Ireland? Went there with my school in September 2014 (shortly after turning 17) and with friends in July 2015 (while still being 17), but had no problems getting alco anywhere ^^

Have to say Guinness is quite, well, strange. I liked Smithwicks though, and even have some bottles of it in my fridge ^^

acohrs

Had a Hotel in Smithfield the last time around (2015), so first thing we alcos did was the Distillery tour.

BTW: what is your legal age of drinking in Ireland? Went there with my school in September 2014 (shortly after turning 17) and with friends in July 2015 (while still being 17), but had no problems getting alco anywhere ^^

Have to say Guinness is quite, well, strange. I liked Smithwicks though, and even have some bottles of it in my fridge ^^

Go for tea time at the Merrion hotel and get some tea and scones in a nice Georgian house. Simply divine darling

Podge293

18. They generally don't check unless you're clearly young looking or trying to get into a nightclub wankered.

Sure I had my "18th" 3 years in a row in the local pub. When I finally turned 18 they gave me a free pint. Was fun

Here I got id'd in fucking Argos last week. Fuck sake. Haven't been checked for alcohol since I was a baby but smokes and electronics I'm clearly too irresponsible for.

Smithwicks is dirt. Get a Galway Bay Ale.

18. They generally don't check unless you're clearly young looking or trying to get into a nightclub wankered.

Sure I had my "18th" 3 years in a row in the local pub. When I finally turned 18 they gave me a free pint. Was fun

Thx.

In Germany it's 16 for beer and whine and 18 for everything beyond.

Yeah, I'll learn someday. Now back to the constant amazon refresh train to try and get a Warehouse PSVR.

I didn't pre order, but I strolled into Smyths and they had one left. I was lucky. I haven't played with it too much as the amount of wires is a bit of a pain.

acohrs

And I was wondering for ages what was wrong with it. Fucking shite and they'll push through a price increase no bother. Ugh

Switched to the cheaper package with 240mb and only 50 channels after they announced the price increase. Got a better wireless router than the horizon box so very chuffed

Podge293

Switched to the cheaper package with 240mb and only 50 channels after they announced the price increase. Got a better wireless router than the horizon box so very chuffed

Yeah I got the new router too. Pretty class. Got a white one tho which is painful as everything else around it is black.

I complained a while back cuz they overcharged me for something and I've had a 15 euro discount on my bill since. Not much but hey it's something

just general fuck ups. I've been delayed at rush hour 4 times in the last week. there were three complete points failures on tuesday. a steam train broke down on the tracks on monday. and there were points failures on sunday. general reliability is shot now.

I have also had a few random delays on the DART he last month or so.

Also my usual Dublin bus to work just randomly doesn't show up now too. No reason. Just wont be there. Just some random days the bus that is meant to show up doesn't.

just general fuck ups. I've been delayed at rush hour 4 times in the last week. there were three complete points failures on tuesday. a steam train broke down on the tracks on monday. and there were points failures on sunday. general reliability is shot now.

Christ, thats all we need this close to christmas.

I went to Finglas village for the first time there, it looks real close on the map from town, like 4 miles or whatever, the bus was more than an hour each way. And Finglas was pretty grim.

Dazzler

Postage from China is unbearably slow. Bought something off AliExpress like 45 days ago and the tracker still says it's in transit.

it's like that worldwide. I went through an Ali Express phase earlier in the year (the knock off football jersies are excellent) and I wouldn't see my order for six weeks minimum

acohrs

Off ill today and bored stiff. Watching Bridget and Eamonn S2, possibly the best irish show atm! Watching the one where Eamonn decides to run for the local elections.

NateDog

Anyone make many orders with Amazon in the last week or two? Trying to get an idea on how long they're taking, I still need to make an order for Christmas but am waiting for my paycheck which isn't due for a few days.

acohrs

Anyone make many orders with Amazon in the last week or two? Trying to get an idea on how long they're taking, I still need to make an order for Christmas but am waiting for my paycheck which isn't due for a few days.

Avoid amazon, waited a month before for a package.

On a separate note, anybody else seeing placebo at the 3arena tonight? For 100 fecking yoyos (when did gigs become so expensive??), hope it will be amazing!

Lucreto

I ordered something and it won't arrive until 22nd or 23rd. I don't think parcel motel would be any faster this time of year.

Avoid amazon, waited a month before for a package.

Sounds like Asendia they used. I am quite positive they are stealing the stuff. Stuff arrives 3 weeks late or not at all. I have a loot crate from the US Asendia which arrived in the country on the 28th and it's still not here.

Amazon are usually great with delivery. I ordered on a Sunday evening and I get the stuff before Thursday.

Top Bottom