• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Podge293

Doing a pub crawl tomorrow (first in a while surprisingly).

Any pubs 100% flat out refusing Christmas jumpers? Only about 6/7 of us doing it

Lucreto

Fecking gearbox decided to go in the car on my way home this evening. Now the joy of getting another tow truck to the garage, organising a rental and get to work. I don't need this stress this close to Christmas.

Update: Got half price on the tow. No courtesy cars left so I am fecked for work tomorrow. I have to leave really early and get the airport bus to the Red line and the Luas to Tallaght.

Then getting home with last day of Christmas Traffic. The joys.

Podge293

What is it with Christmas drivers? It's like they've all forgotten how to drive cuz it's Christmas. Like dealing with children at times

acohrs

My fiancée's father is just discovering youtube, he thinks the Liam Neeson Santa Audition clip is the best thing since sliced bread. Must have seen it half a dozen times now!

Can't even remember the last time I watched Irish TV. Pure garbage. I hate having to pay a TV license for a service I do not use. My Saorview box hasn't even been plugged in in about 6 months I'd say. Last thing I watched with it was probably the Euros in the Summer.

We had that thing on, coming home for christmas on RTE, christ it was depressing. Irish people love their misery.

Do you not go home for christmas, then?

Can't even remember the last time I watched Irish TV. Pure garbage. I hate having to pay a TV license for a service I do not use. My Saorview box hasn't even been plugged in in about 6 months I'd say. Last thing I watched with it was probably the Euros in the Summer.

Do you not go home for christmas, then?

Back to England? Not at all.

Lucreto

Happy Christmas all, hope you guys have a few days off work at least to chill out.

I am off until Wednesday. But there should be less traffic coming and going so I can make the drive in and out more bearable. I wish I was off until the 2nd or 3rd but hopefully I will be in a different job by next Christmas.

NateDog

Bowie dies 10 days into 2016, George Michael possibly 6 days before it ends. I don't usually go in for hyperbole like this but honestly fuck this year, I feel like I just want it to end but fear checking the internet to see another icon dead.

Dazzler

any of you regularly use the LUAS?

People need a serious lesson in letting others off before they try to board, it's infuriating

NateDog

Thats also on the bus and train. Ah well.

Eddie Rocket's really is dire. Specially for the price. Might as well go to Wetherspoons.
Yeah people in general are rude, it's definitely not exclusive to LUAS passengers. I have a policy of purposely smashing directly into everyone that does this if I'm getting off and people won't let me or others do it to make sure I inconvenience them as much as possible and it usually makes them move.

Also I agree, I can't stand Eddie Rockets, food is crazy overpriced and tastes like grease. Plus the vast majority of staff members there are pretty rude and barely care enough to take down your order, at least in the ones I've been in. They do a nice milkshake though.

Lethal

Neo Member
Doing some post-Christmas shopping in Shenzhen today.
Saw this:
SrAR8kQ.jpg

First thing that pops into your head? Lol

Image is too small...? http://imgur.com/SrAR8kQ

acohrs

Back in Ireland after spending Xmas with my family in Michigan where my brother lives. American Christmas TV specials are garbage!

Very happy to be off to the inlaws in Mullingar for sherry trifle, tea, and to watch good Christmas specials like Bridget and eamonn and sherlock!

Didn't have much access to Internet so didn't post for a week, but merry Christmas all and happy new year!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Back in Ireland after spending Xmas with my family in Michigan where my brother lives. American Christmas TV specials are garbage!

Very happy to be off to the inlaws in Mullingar for sherry trifle, tea, and to watch good Christmas specials like Bridget and eamonn and sherlock!

Didn't have much access to Internet so didn't post for a week, but merry Christmas all and happy new year!
Did anyone there ever try to introduce you to A Christmas Story? It seems like we get every Christmas movie under the sun BUT this one.

Lucreto

Happy New Year everyone!

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
And days of auld lang syne?
And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
And days of auld lang syne.
And days of auld lang syne?

Top Bottom