• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IronGAF Cookoff (hosted by OnkelC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLance

Eh, tonight my camera suddenly wanted to work again.... and I only have reheated Spaghetti aglio e olio to offer. Ah well.
The red stuff betwixt the noodles is a bunch of cocktail tomatoes that were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

2wd0qxt.jpg

Quick & tasty. I like "simple" food. I just wish I hadn't misjudged the portions the first time around, reheated it's only 50% as delicious.

tnw said:
have you ever had bakudan (explosion) domburi?

060520200632.jpg

No, but that sounds delicious. It has everything I like in it! I'm a bit scared of why it's named an explosion donbori.

Also OnkelC, that bratwurst looks great! I love a good sausage =D

Flo_Evans

wow GAF is really stepping up its game! Impressive. Let me take you on a little culinary journey that I like to call: Livin' it up, flo-style in sunny Florida.

We arrive. Beach house is über alles. Upon seeing the kitchen, we knew what must be done!

2yuhg0p.jpg

All matching Kitchenaid appliances, surrounded by the very best marble or granite or whatever.

nqs26e.jpg

1st things 1st, we got some fresh fruit from a guy selling it from his rusted out van on the side of the road. Nice for the ladies, but we men wanted some meat. Red meat.

2ezhdhu.jpg

We got some flank steak from the local Publix grocery store. A+ store, don't know about the rest but the one by our yuppie beach community was on its game. The deli guy spent a full 30 min slicing up our cheese and sausage (not pictured opps!).

2w3p6kx.jpg

We marinated our kabobs in olive oil, soy sauce and some McCormick brand "meat seasoning" was the bomb with the fruit and a nice red we got. A good trick I learned form my boy Alton Brown is: squeeze all the air out of your plastic ziploc marinade baggie when you are in a hurry, and the vacuum will force the marinade into the meat.

After we had satisfied our craving for cows blood, and since it was friday and we had catholics with us, we went to the local fish shop.

xfoj2p.jpg

That was a pound and a half of fresh steamed cajun shrimp, still warm. I went into frenzy mode and almost ate it all before I remembered to snap a pic. They also supplied us with some of their house made cocktail sauce, made with salsa in it instead of just hot sauce. I am stealing that trick.

2n90010.jpg

We then asked the fish man what cut he was going to take home for himself tonight. His answer: amber jack. I had never had it but as you can see it looks like jesus in fish form. They also gave us a tub of their house fish seasoning, no idea what was in it but now I wish I had some more!

wwj607.jpg

We went crazy and actually set the table for this. Some safron rice and asparagus rounds out the plate with a nice bottle of the local brew to wash it down. I kind of fucked up on my flaking the fish all pretty for the camera, but at this point I was drooling and ready to grab it with my hands and go all NOM NOM NOM on its ass.

20tgglu.jpg

Hung over and tired we headed over to the "World Famous Pickles" in Seaside for lunch. They filmed the Truman Show here! I always thought it was a set. If you have never had a deep fried pickle then my friend, you don't know what you are missing.

vs1kjd.jpg

We went back to the fish market this time with tuna on our minds. Rolled it in sesame seeds, a quick sear on the grill and we DID go all NOM NOM NOM on this with our hands. Dipped it in some soy sauce. I don't know if I can order tuna thats been shipped around frozen in a truck anymore :(

Just when I thought to myself. Damn. This was the best vacation ever. We ended up missing our flight home due to an unfortunate daylight savings mishap and had to rent a car to drive home 750 miles. We stopped at Krystal (I am sorry this is no White Castle, avoid at all cost) and I immediately felt queasy. I couldn't even finish my combo meal.

Several hours later I stopped at a Tennessee trucker dude stop. Whoa. Whoa. The place stunk. Against my better judgment I got a "Roast Beef" with "Cheddar" on "Sourdough". As I paid my $3.79 I overheard some trucker in a self monologue lamenting how he couldn't get an advance on his check because "they" would know he was here. Then as I left what looked to be a 50 year old chinese woman solicited me for a "massage". I quickly put 2 and 2 together and should of just thrown the sandwich on the ground right then and there, but I was curious to just how nasty this thing would be... I was not disappointed.

28gqjh2.jpg

Yes that is the color. No photoshop. Try and imagine the smell. I almost didn't want to post this and make everyone gag after all the good food I had, but hey, it was part of the journey. I didn't eat it. Thank god I had some dorritos.

OK thats it! whew. Time to hit the sack. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! :D

Flo_Evans

Dammit smirkrevenge, I think I have some nice shots and you just have to go and totally destroy me with a single pic. Amazing presentation and photography. If you are not a professional cook or photographer you are in the wrong business.

Flo: Haha...thanks for the kind words. Don't know if it's good or bad, but I am neither pro-chef nor pro-photographer. Just enjoy those two as hobbies. I have to admit, I did cheat quite a bit with that dish, as most of those things were pre-bought and I just threw them all together. Pan-fried the crab cakes, and 1, 2, 3...done.

As far as the photography goes, all it takes is a decent DSLR and a 50mm lens, some practice, and you can get those shots just as easily.

So, would it be overkill to post my nutella cake I made afterwards? :D Fine...I will anyways. :lol This was made from scratch, not pre-made!

2325438001_61a7a16a55.jpg

Zyzyxxz

smirkrevenge said:
So, would it be overkill to post my nutella cake I made afterwards? :D Fine...I will anyways. :lol This was made from scratch, not pre-made!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2243/2325438001_61a7a16a55.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I raise you this

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/th_crazyJ/1385630348_912f39ca4d_o.jpg

A buffet fit for kings, costs about 400 HK dollars ( ~50 USD)

Thriller

Hey guys, ive got a request, Friday the 21st i am asked to cook at a girlfiends place.
I am to make a tunafish salad for two persons that is enough for supper.
is there anyone who can help me out with some ideas or maybe even make one and post pictures that i can use? i'd appreciate it!!

Flo_Evans

smirkrevenge said:
Flo: Haha...thanks for the kind words. Don't know if it's good or bad, but I am neither pro-chef nor pro-photographer. Just enjoy those two as hobbies. I have to admit, I did cheat quite a bit with that dish, as most of those things were pre-bought and I just threw them all together. Pan-fried the crab cakes, and 1, 2, 3...done.

As far as the photography goes, all it takes is a decent DSLR and a 50mm lens, some practice, and you can get those shots just as easily.

Do you set up lights for your shots too? I have access to a Nikon D70s at work but its usually not around whenever I get the urge to cook. I guess I could spend a bit more time color correcting in photoshop but your lighting looks awesome! Can only polish a turd so much :lol

i just want to ask something. there's this green paste in the vegetarian subs in my school's cafeteria. do you guys know what it might be? it's green, and has this fresh taste, kind of like herbs.

Flo_Evans

Twilight Princess said:
i just want to ask something. there's this green paste in the vegetarian subs in my school's cafeteria. do you guys know what it might be? it's green, and has this fresh taste, kind of like herbs.

pesto?

Zyzyxxz

Flo_Evans said:

sounds like pesto

Thriller said:
Hey guys, ive got a request, Friday the 21st i am asked to cook at a girlfiends place.
I am to make a tunafish salad for two persons that is enough for supper.
is there anyone who can help me out with some ideas or maybe even make one and post pictures that i can use? i'd appreciate it!!

Hmm depends on how fancy you wanna get. Is salad the only thing you are eating?

Personally I do not make salads much but here is what I would do:

-Romaine lettuces chopped into about 1 inch pices
-diced tomatoes
-light mayo based dressing
-topped with some cheese

Smirksrevenge seems to do salads often so better to ask him

Twilight: Could be a cilantro dressing, or maybe Green Goddess salad dressing?

Zyzyxxz: if i made all that, i don't think i would have the energy to take a picture! :lol

Flo: the only lighting i use is the available light in my kitchen (overhead lights, etc.). if i'm cooking during they day, i place my shots closer to the window, as natural light always makes it looks best. the dreamy, depth-of-field quality of the shots is a Canon 50mm f/1.4 -- great for food and portraits, my primary targets of choice.

Thriller: tunafish salad? hmm...i've only made a seared tuna salad (look through the posts, too lazy to re-post), which is pretty easy, but if your gf isn't into raw...might not be a great idea. i find with salad, a simple vinegarette is the most delicious and the sweet-tang combo goes a long way. there's also a bacon-spinach salad you could try which is really simple.

bacon-spinach salad:
fry up some bacon, chop it up, reserve the hot oil. drizzle bacon pieces and oil over spinach to wilt slightly. careful -- not all the oil! salt, pepper to taste. you should add vinegarette to cut the grease-factor (see below).

another salad combo i have enjoyed as of late:
feta, honeyed pecans, craisins, spring mix. you have the crunch, the sweet, the salty, great, great combo. i have made this for people, and they are surprised at all the disparate flavors working together.

smirkrevenge's salad rules:
1. use fresh ingredients.
2. we eat with our eyes first, so try to include all primary colors in your salad.
3. avocado - who doesn't love avocado? creamy, healthy, and a nice texture difference with all the other crispness.
4. use cheese sparingly - for a hint of flavor, not overkill. freshly grated parmesan works best (for me).

smirkrevenge's simple vinegarette (probably stolen from a million other recipes...and apologies for no amounts...adjust according to taste):

extra virgin olive oil
some good balsamic vinegar
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
whole grain mustard
chopped shallots
honey

shake it around, and voila. i've seen other suggestions including red pepper flakes or tabasco, depending on your tolerance to spice level.

Flo_Evans

smirkrevenge said:
Flo: the only lighting i use is the available light in my kitchen (overhead lights, etc.). if i'm cooking during they day, i place my shots closer to the window, as natural light always makes it looks best. the dreamy, depth-of-field quality of the shots is a Canon 50mm f/1.4 -- great for food and portraits, my primary targets of choice.

I can tell you had a nice wide lens by the depth of field. Do you have hanging halogen lights? I live in an apartment so I can't fuck around that much. My place is bathed in the constant yellow light of energy saver incandescent bulbs :(

Maybe I should do what Onkel does and use a halogen desk lamp.

DoomGyver

I can't wait until I'm out of college and have a kitchen of my own... I guess I'll stick to my colleges dining services for now.

:(

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Flo_Evans said:
Maybe I should do what Onkel does and use a halogen desk lamp.
Try it, the results are remarkably better! You might have to fiddle with the white balance settings, though.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Star Power said:
You should try whiting:

whiting%20fillets.jpg%20web%20size.jpg

The best fried-fish IMO. I prefer my tilapia baked.

I agree to an extent, I love me some fried Red Snapper.

i plan on making some Gumbo soon, so I will post pics.

Thriller

Zyzyxxz said:
sounds like pesto

Hmm depends on how fancy you wanna get. Is salad the only thing you are eating?

Personally I do not make salads much but here is what I would do:

-Romaine lettuces chopped into about 1 inch pices
-diced tomatoes
-light mayo based dressing
-topped with some cheese

Smirksrevenge seems to do salads often so better to ask him

No it wont be the only thing well be eating, im thinking about going 3 course :p
Thanks for the advice though!

Thriller

smirkrevenge said:
Twilight: Could be a cilantro dressing, or maybe Green Goddess salad dressing?

Zyzyxxz: if i made all that, i don't think i would have the energy to take a picture! :lol

Thriller: tunafish salad? hmm...i've only made a seared tuna salad (look through the posts, too lazy to re-post), which is pretty easy, but if your gf isn't into raw...might not be a great idea. i find with salad, a simple vinegarette is the most delicious and the sweet-tang combo goes a long way. there's also a bacon-spinach salad you could try which is really simple.

bacon-spinach salad:
fry up some bacon, chop it up, reserve the hot oil. drizzle bacon pieces and oil over spinach to wilt slightly. careful -- not all the oil! salt, pepper to taste. you should add vinegarette to cut the grease-factor (see below).

another salad combo i have enjoyed as of late:
feta, honeyed pecans, craisins, spring mix. you have the crunch, the sweet, the salty, great, great combo. i have made this for people, and they are surprised at all the disparate flavors working together.

smirkrevenge's salad rules:
1. use fresh ingredients.
2. we eat with our eyes first, so try to include all primary colors in your salad.
3. avocado - who doesn't love avocado? creamy, healthy, and a nice texture difference with all the other crispness.
4. use cheese sparingly - for a hint of flavor, not overkill. freshly grated parmesan works best (for me).

smirkrevenge's simple vinegarette (probably stolen from a million other recipes...and apologies for no amounts...adjust according to taste):

extra virgin olive oil
some good balsamic vinegar
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
whole grain mustard
chopped shallots
honey

shake it around, and voila. i've seen other suggestions including red pepper flakes or tabasco, depending on your tolerance to spice level.

thank you too :p ill have a look into it, maybe ill change the menu

Jacobi

Banned
Something to stare at for yall hungry people (like I am right now, that pic is a few days old :()

5vbzn.jpg

BTW I used the fat-soaking method which was mentioned in an earlier thread, might save my life!

What kind of veggie burgers do they have in Japan? I would think theirs would be better. Some of the veggie burgers taste kind of like dogfood. The one in the pic is one that doesn't taste that meaty, which might be why it's good; it doesn't try too hard to taste like meat.

tnw

Banned
nakedsushi said:
What kind of veggie burgers do they have in Japan? I would think theirs would be better. Some of the veggie burgers taste kind of like dogfood. The one in the pic is one that doesn't taste that meaty, which might be why it's good; it doesn't try too hard to taste like meat.

there aren't any veggie burgers in japan :(

EDIT: well they do make tofu 'hambaagu' (hamburger steak), which is minced tofu with stuff in it. Unfortunately the 'vegetable' or 'tofu' sounding ones almost always have chicken or some kind of meat in it.

Being vegetarian in Japan is quite difficult I think.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
trncekr, welcome to the thread and thank you for the awesome pasta dish! I dig the egg as a "side". Mind sharing the recipe(s)?

nakedsushi, really nice veggie burger. Did you use a slice of eggplant for the patty?

Jacobi, you inspired me to make some frozen breaded fishy goodness tomorrow!:lol To give it some class, I'll make a sesame/cucumber salad as side dish.

Flo: I don't have hanging halogen lamps. Just regular lightbulbs. And knowledge of photoshop. :D

i will combat all this veggie burger talk with...real meat!

since the weather was so nice out yesterday, decided to go by the coast and get some fresh oysters and a tasty burger.

a freshly toasted, buttered bun makes all the difference + some grilled red onions:
2335143060_5c6c7eab98.jpg

forgot to take a picture of the oysters before i gulped them down, but they were mighty tasty:
2334495274_2d844479b9.jpg

OnkelC said:
nakedsushi, really nice veggie burger. Did you use a slice of eggplant for the patty?

No, it's a store-bought veggie patty:
amyscaliforniaburger.jpg

I love eggplant, but I'm not a fan of grilled eggplant for some reason. It gets too dry for me.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
smirkrevenge said:
i will combat all this veggie burger talk with...real meat!

since the weather was so nice out yesterday, decided to go by the coast and get some fresh oysters and a tasty burger.

a freshly toasted, buttered bun makes all the difference + some grilled red onions:
2335143060_5c6c7eab98.jpg
also yummy! if we weren't invited to a birthday party tonight, I'd have started the grill season too!
smallCIMG2592.jpg

Jacobi

Banned
Cool stuff. I just had a Big King XXL (oder whatever they're called) yesterday, but it was nice and 3,50 for two persons each is a pretty good price

You guys and your meaty burgers *drool*

I've found that what makes a good burger even better is if you put the slice of cheese on the bottom, right on top of the bottom bun. Supposedly since that's where your tastebuds touch when you eat the burger, it makes it taste better that way. I'm not sure if that's why it tastes good, but it does make a difference.

lordg

I'm not much of a cook, but here's my contribution to the thread. A nice simple bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast.

r3_217690.jpg

Fry the egg.

r4_217239.jpg

Fry the bacon.

r5_217555.jpg

Put them together.

r6_217229.jpg

Done!

For more recipes with step by step photo instructions, you can check out my site at http://www.cookskills.com. It's brand new and was launched just a month ago, so I would love if you guys submit something, since you all seem to be really good cooks.

Inspired by this thread, I made my new year's resolution to cook every meal FRESH, no more frozen garbage. I'm finally getting somewhere too! Getting the hang of rustling up some decent grub.

But the main question I have to ask now is... how the hell do you guys take such great pictures of your food? :D

beelzebozo said:
this was in cook's illustrated, and they highly recommended it. i love new kitchen gadgets and the influx of techmology (intentional, charming misspelling) into the culinary arts, as well as the chewy corners of brownies, and i thought others here might appreciate this.

x0pftu.jpg

the interior walls help ensure even cooking through the middle of whatever you're baking, and--in the case of brownies--also add those chewy edges i love so much. they say it also works well for lasagna, which tends to get a bit goopy in the center, with the caveat that you have to cut down the noodles to fit the pan's labyrinthine structure. personally? i'm scooping one up just to make brownies and pecan bars. the corner pieces are always always always the best.

that is seriously brilliant.

Whenever I make brownies, I always go for the edge ones before anyone in my family.

Zyzyxxz

PrivateRyan said:
Inspired by this thread, I made my new year's resolution to cook every meal FRESH, no more frozen garbage. I'm finally getting somewhere too! Getting the hang of rustling up some decent grub.

But the main question I have to ask now is... how the hell do you guys take such great pictures of your food? :D

is that resolution because you eat too much microwaved frozen food or you dont like to freeze your meats? Unless you are a vegetarian then that would make sense. Otherwise for normal cooking it would be a pain in the ass to buy your meats and being forced to use em before they go bad sitting in the fridge.

Anyway my contribution for the week:

Curry made by me, broccoli by housemate.

It is final exams week so I have been relying on quick food and this was one of the few hot meals I have been eating. Good thing about curry is the leftovers are good for a quick but hearty meal along with some rice of course.

Picture001-3.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Linkzg said:
that is seriously brilliant.

Whenever I make brownies, I always go for the edge ones before anyone in my family.

the really cool part is that the same principle can be applied to any baked good that is better at the edges. i like to make pecan bars--pictured below--and the edge pieces always get more caramelization on the pecan filling, almost setting up like a chewier toffee.

35n5ts2.jpg

that pan proves that the future is now

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
PrivateRyan said:

congrats to that resolution! best of luck to keep it up, it's worth going the distance IMHO.

picture-wise, key is a small tripod for the camera, long exposure time, USE NO FLASH!

Fun on Sunday:

For all you wannabe Pizza makers (including myself), the classic Pizza Napoletana has been approved as a "regional speciality" within the European Union, giving it a similar rank as Champagne from France or German Beer.

This also means that a product that calls itself "Pizza Napoletana" from now on has to be made according to this standard; otherwise, one could be prosecuted for false labelling.
Here's the press blurb (source):

Neapolitan pizza-makers have taken a major step towards persuading pizza lovers around the world to respect good quality.
After years of struggling with red tape, two of the city's pizza protection associations have succeeded in getting the European Union to publish the requisites for 'real Neapolitan pizza' in the EU's Official Gazette. In six months' time, barring objections, the pizza from the southern Italian city - universally recognised as the benchmark for pizza everywhere - will get a precious STG (guaranteed traditional speciality) licence from Brussels. ''This is an important result along the path towards full protection for what is probably the best-loved product of the Italian culinary tradition,'' said Farm Minister Paolo De Castro.
''The recognition will be valid in all EU countries, and anyone who claims to be producing real Neapolitan pizza will be subject to strict inspections''. The president of the Real Neapolitan Pizza Association, Antonio Pace, told reporters that a ''holy alliance'' forged with the agriculture ministry had paid off.
''Too many people have been setting themselves up as pizzaiuoli (pizza-makers) without the proper training. That's caused huge market problems,'' Pace added.
''Finally the rules we have voluntarily set ourselves will be put down in writing and used against anyone who wants to display the 'Neapolitan pizza' seal,'' Massimo Di Porzio, the AVPN Managing Director said.
The leader of the Neapolitan association of pizzaiuoli, Sergio Miccu, said: ''Ours is a job that takes a year or a year and a half to learn and only by sticking close to people who can hand down all the secrets of this art,'' he said.
Miccu's adepts are a small elite: 240 in Italy, 22 in Japan, eight in America and two in Barbados. All are of Neapolitan origin.
The campaign to give Neapolitan pizza a seal worthy of its renown began in 2000 with then farm minister Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio who set up a committee of experts to lay down what should go into the world-famous dish and how it should be made. True pizza, they concluded, must be made only of hard wheat flour, fresh yeast, water and sea salt, with a topping of olive oil, San Marzano tomatoes (in slices no thicker than 8mm) and mozzarella di bufala, the fresh cheese made of buffalo milk.
The dough must be stretched by hand (no rolling pins) and cooked at a high temperature - almost 500 degrees - to achieve a crust that is regular, puffed and free of blisters, the experts said.
The pizza must be frequently turned by the pizzaiuoli, whose trained eye knows when the oven bricks' colour corresponds to the right heat for putting the pizza in and pulling it out with just the right touch of scorch marks.
The mark of a Neapolitan pizza is that it is thicker, doughier and munchier than its counterparts elsewhere, the mozzarella is stretchier and tastier, and the olive oil and tomatoes are of higher quality, gourmands agree.
But the final touch, of course, is the strong-scented local basil that perfectly complements the generous pools of mozzarella, artfully scooped tomato sauce and lashings of olive oil.
The tough specifications obviously rule out a vast array of foods that pass for pizza around the world, but Naples wants to convince the world that simple and traditional is best.
Pizza is one of the few foods composed almost exclusively of the region's three DOP (Denomination of Controlled Origin) products as already recognized by the European Union: San Marzano tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil from Campania, and mozzarella di bufala.

Yeah, right.

PRO LEGAL TIP FOR EU RESIDENTS: Just call your Pizza "Napoli" in the future to avoid the wrath of the EU inspectors :p.

Here's the complete EU document, including the full recipe as well as some history of the Pizza:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2008:040:0017:0025:EN:PDF

Same in German:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2008:040:0017:0025:DE:PDF

Enjoy. And discuss.

tnw

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
broccoli by housemate.

It is final exams week

speaking of broccoli, I've found this little guy perfect for instant, perfect steamed broccoli

img12.jpg

put a tablespoon of water in the bottom, put in the broccoli florets, 90 seconds in the microwave, and you've got awesome broccoli.

I use it for making pasta in the microwave too. just fill the tub without the strainer part in it with water and pasta, water and pasta in, 10 or so minutes in the microwave, strain with strainer part, awesome way to make a single portion of pasta really fast.

:D

(they also make a steamer type thing like this for mantou and gyouza)

CTLance

OnkelC said:
[...]For all you wannabe Pizza makers (including myself), the classic Pizza Napoletana has been approved as a "regional speciality" within the European Union, giving it the same rank as Champagne from France or German Beer.

You sure about the latter? Our politicians sat on their thumbs and didn't get a TSG on German beer, last time I checked. They didn't even get a PDO or PGI... There's a bunch of PGI's on bavarian/Munich/etc brews, but that is by far not the same as a full-blown TSG.

Sayeth http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/foodqual/quali1_en.htm :

A PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) covers the term used to describe foodstuffs which are produced, processed and prepared in a given geographical area using recognised know-how.

In the case of the PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) the geographical link must occur in at least one of the stages of production, processing or preparation. Furthermore, the product can benefit from a good reputation.

A TSG (Traditional Speciality Guaranteed) does not refer to the origin but highlights traditional character, either in the composition or means of production.

Basically, I could be part of the bavarian brewers association and outsource 95% of my beer brewing to Timbuktu, yet I could still call the resulting beer bavarian beer, as long as I conformed to a few very loose specs...

I could be wrong, and I'm high on Medinait (Nyquil equivalent) right now, but that's the way I remember this stuff. Feel free to correct me, as I'd love to be wrong on this particular issue.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
CTLance said:
You sure about the latter? Our politicians sat on their thumbs and didn't get a TSG on German beer, last time I checked. They didn't even get a PDO or PGI... There's a bunch of PGI's on bavarian/Munich/etc brews, but that is by far not the same as a full-blown TSG.

Sayeth http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/foodqual/quali1_en.htm :

Basically, I could be part of the bavarian brewers association and outsource 95% of my beer brewing to Timbuktu, yet I could still call the resulting beer bavarian beer, as long as I conformed to a few very loose specs...

I could be wrong, and I'm high on Medinait (Nyquil equivalent) right now, but that's the way I remember this stuff. Feel free to correct me, as I'd love to be wrong on this particular issue.
you're right, it's just so absurd that I overemphasized the matter a little bit.

Edit:
It would be interesting to see how many Pizzaioli in Naples actually live (or have lived, for that matter) by that recipe and prep overkill.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
031608111008.jpg

My typical breakfast after my workouts on the weekend.

3-4 Lean turkey sausages
150ml egg beaters
Half a tomato
Protein Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom