• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radiohead look set to drop their new album any day now after it emerged that the band have set up a new company ahead of a forthcoming release.

Eagle-eyed fans recently discovered that Thom Yorke and co established a new company called Dawn Chorus LLP in October 2015 (see details here), what looks to be a holding company surrounding their LP release.

It has also been noted that the group set up similar companies ahead of their last two albums. In July 2007, they founded Xurbia Xendless Ltd in advance of 'In Rainbows', released in October 2007, while in December 2010 they formed Ticker Tape Ltd ahead of 'The King of Limbs' in February 2011.

Consequence Of Sound note that 'Dawn Chorus' was mentioned by Yorke in a 2009 interview as a song that he was working on. It is also the title of a 2002 Boards Of Canada track.

Representatives of Radiohead have not responded to NME's request for comment.

Radiohead recently revealed that they were asked to write the theme tune for 2015 James Bond film Spectre, subsequently giving away the track for free after it wasn't used.

It is unconfirmed as to whether Radiohead's 'Spectre' will play any part in the band's forthcoming ninth album.

Speaking previously, guitarist Jonny Greenwood confirmed that “lots has been recorded” for the album and that Radiohead hoped to tour the record in 2016.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/90653#Uy4DyHjeL7ZtiVgj.99

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Can't believe it's been five years already, jesus.

Gimme gimme.

please be less like TKOL and more like anything else

the sound of Spectre is good
Thank you for beating me to that. King of Limbs was just too damn weird, I like a handful of songs and other than that the album might as well not even exist.

Can't believe it's been five years already, jesus.

Gimme gimme.

This has been the longest wait for a new Radiohead album ever. Even between Hail to the Thief/In Rainbows and In Rainbows/King of Limbs, it was just four years.

Now we're at the five year mark (well, not quite, but close). Jesus, so ready for this to get into my veins. And if Spectre is a taste of what's to come, I bloody can not wait.

Ready for it. So ready for it. Drop it now. AHHHH.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This has been the longest wait for a new Radiohead album ever. Even between Hail to the Thief/In Rainbows and In Rainbows/King of Limbs, it was just four years.

Now we're at the five year mark (well, not quite, but close). Jesus, so ready for this to get into my veins. And if Spectre is a taste of what's to come, I bloody can not wait.

Ready for it. So ready for it. Drop it now. AHHHH.

In Rainbows to TKOL felt like forever but that wasn't even four years, more like under 3 and a half.

Blader

Holy shit!

And hopefully this means something came out of the Dawn Chorus song too, Thom mentioned years back that it was one of the best things he wrote.

(I see this was already in the OP article, but I want you to know that I already knew it!)

Wow can't believe its been damn near 9 years since their last album, can't wait for the next one

thom-yorke-likes-staring-o.gif

Kino_

Oh my gawd.

As soon as they announce their tour dates, I'll be there day 1.

Please be akin to In Rainbows.

King of Limbs haters: It hurts, I know.

But to move on as band, Radiohead eventually had to leave some of their more philistine fans behind. We heard this before when Kid A was released. Hopefully one day you'll catch up to them again.

Helmholtz

So excited. Feels like it's been ages since their last album.
Hope Spectre is a sign of things to come. Loved that track.

I'll take In Rainbows with a side of The Bends. Please and thank you.

I'm glad Radiohead doesn't listen to requests of fans when writing new music. If they had stuck to their 90s successes, doubled-down on them and kept making The Bends over and over, they would have drifted into irrelevance like countless other British rock bands of the era.

I'm glad Radiohead doesn't listen to requests of fans when writing new music. If they had stuck to their 90s successes, doubled-down on them and kept making The Bends over and over, they would have drifted into irrelevance like countless other British rock bands of the era.
If they just played the bends they wouldn't have been able to evolve along with my musical taste so I'm glad they change it up. They just stumbled a bit with king of limbs.

Coming off In Rainbows I can't pretend I wasn't a bit disappointed with The King Of Limbs too. I didn't hate it.

In Rainbows is one of the musical highlights of the last decade for me. Stunning album.

Those of you knocking TKOL have obviously not heard its songs live. It's a different story once you have.

Anyways, I know they'll deliver something great. Really hope they tour this year, too.

zoozilla

Stoked for this. KOL wasn't great, no, but I think any band is allowed a mis-step or two. As long as they don't get complacent - and they don't show signs of doing that.

I do have to say, though - and I hate to be that guy - but the dynamic compression on "Spectre" is atrocious. So much clipping - eugh. For a band that spends so much energy on production, they sure do like the shitty blown out sound.

But to move on as band, Radiohead eventually had to leave some of their more philistine fans behind. We heard this before when Kid A was released. Hopefully one day you'll catch up to them again.
Best post I've seen on here in a long time. Preach, brother.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
FUCK YES

I wonder if getting a new LP out will help shift discussion away from TKOL. That's about all you ever hear from radiohead fans these days is how the king of limbs wasn't that great.

king of limbs was a damn regression though. felt like he was trying to go for that aphex twin sound again and it ended up so boring.

I'll take In Rainbows with a side of The Bends. Please and thank you.

Well, they are reworking that 'Lift' track.

Just a dash though, a smidgeon maybe, like the slightest whiff or just the smallest suggestion.

If they just played the bends they wouldn't have been able to evolve along with my musical taste so I'm glad they change it up. They just stumbled a bit with king of limbs.

king of limbs was a damn regression though. felt like he was trying to go for that aphex twin sound again and it ended up so boring.

Yeah, didn't really care for it either. Though maybe I should spend some more time with it.

This is how I would rank their work currently:

1. The Bends
1. OK Computer
3. Kid A
4. In Rainbows
5. Amnesiac
6. Hail to the Thief
7. King of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom