• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Atlus going to bring Super Robot Wars series to US?

cuccoo

These games need to be translated into English!!! I've watched my friend play and it was soo cool... he was pretty pissed too because he cant enjoy the whole story because its in japanese (he knows chinese, so he kinda understand a little, at least enough for playability).

someone starts a petition or email atlus!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
cuccoo said:
These games need to be translated into English!!! I've watched my friend play and it was soo cool... he was pretty pissed too because he cant enjoy the whole story because its in japanese (he knows chinese, so he kinda understand a little, at least enough for playability).

someone starts a petition or email atlus!

Short story, no.

not too short story, no cause of licensing issues.

WarPig

Bandai could probably do it if it wanted. It owns most of the licenses, if not all of them. And even the companies that have licensed the shows over here might not own the game rights, who knows. At worst, they'd have to cut in, say, ADV for a game with Nadesico in it and whatnot.

The real problem, I'd say, is the amount of localization effort involved. Not to mention they aren't whatcha call cutting-edge, technology or design-wise.

DFS.

jenov4

You also have to consider how many units these types of games will sell. It costs quite a bit to localize these games and only a few hardcore gamer types would actually recognize these series.

Rubeus

Use an emulator man! There are English versions of Super Robowars for NES and SNES, translated by fans.

Top Bottom