• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it true that the handover of power in Iraq just happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darscot

Any one know how many troops there are in Iraq. I think that should survice as evidence of just who is in charge there? Sure the pen is mightier then the sword unless you have a gun to your head.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mustang said:
I got this logged as Bush bash thread #867.

Am I close?
Well only 4 people mentioned Bush. One being you, two saying it was a good move by him. So that would really be a judgement call on your part.

darscot

It's amazing how easy so many people dismiss post as anti-american or Bush bashing. Maybe there is a reason there is so much of that going on? Maybe ther is a little truth in it ever think of that.

Naw forget that, just cry for a mod to make it go away. Do pull you covers over your head at night when you hear noises?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"The US will control Iraq from now on. Call it a democaracy call it what ever you want they have been conquered and they will stay that way. All this power handover is bullshit for the press. From now and forever the government of Iraq will do what their told and it dosen't matter one bit who gets "elected". Free and soverign nation my ass."

LOL

Yeah, we're going to completely control Iraq forever...just like Germany and Japan, huh?

Sure we'll have an incredible amount of influence and control for a while, but 10 years from now Iraq will be free and have a straight pimping economy with all their oil production. They'll be the Japan of the Middle East.

So many people bitch about American affairs. But we've been by far the most generous of all world powers.

When we beat Mexico, we paid them for their territory.
When we defeated Japan, we spent billions reconstructing them into one of the strongest economies in the world.
When we defeated Germany, same.
And now Iraq.

Sure we've fucked up with Spanish war, Vietnam, and some others.

Stop the war for oil nonsense. Have you seen gas prices? So what, the US government is secretly jacking up prices and stashing the money? Whatever.

"I say we get the helllllllllll out... let the UN do what they will.. "

Do nothing?

darscot

Ok maybe forever was a bit extreme lets change that to say 25 years. So for basically a life sentence Iraq will be the USA's bitch. Actually Iraq will remain under control for as long as the oil last or it remains a valuable comodity.

Fusebox

Banned
I'd hand over as quick as I could too - you can't plead common sense to people from such a backwards civilisation as this one:

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9975925%5E401,00.html

INMATES released from the US-controlled Abu Ghraib prison had joined anti-US rebels in Iraq, along with officers of former leader Saddam Hussein, Time magazine said today.

Militants were turning anti-US resistance into an international jihad, or holy war, the weekly news magazine said in its latest issue.

Former military officer Abu Mustafa told Time that the jail had effectively become a religious school.

"We studied hard every day and often into the night," he said.

"There was one man who didn't even know how to pray.

"When he got out he was like an imam, and is one of our most ferocious fighters on the front line."

The United States released hundreds of inmates after determining they posed no danger.

They said they wanted to turn Iraq into another Afghanistan, as it was before the 2001 US invasion - a place for groups like al-Qaeda to flourish.

Playing Pikmin now, it amuses me to imagine each pikmin as a new, potentially dangerous terrorist group/tribe/individual while Spaceman Bush continues at it. Woohoo! It's like a whole new game.

:(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mustang said:
I vote for a Bush Bash forum.

The off topic forum gets to polluted with them.

It would be a major hit.

Mods?
We'll do you one further. How about a "Traitors who hate America" forum?

effzee

teh_pwn said:
"The US will control Iraq from now on. Call it a democaracy call it what ever you want they have been conquered and they will stay that way. All this power handover is bullshit for the press. From now and forever the government of Iraq will do what their told and it dosen't matter one bit who gets "elected". Free and soverign nation my ass."

LOL

Yeah, we're going to completely control Iraq forever...just like Germany and Japan, huh?

Sure we'll have an incredible amount of influence and control for a while, but 10 years from now Iraq will be free and have a straight pimping economy with all their oil production. They'll be the Japan of the Middle East.

So many people bitch about American affairs. But we've been by far the most generous of all world powers.

When we beat Mexico, we paid them for their territory.
When we defeated Japan, we spent billions reconstructing them into one of the strongest economies in the world.
When we defeated Germany, same.
And now Iraq.

Sure we've fucked up with Spanish war, Vietnam, and some others.

Stop the war for oil nonsense. Have you seen gas prices? So what, the US government is secretly jacking up prices and stashing the money? Whatever.

"I say we get the helllllllllll out... let the UN do what they will.. "

Do nothing?

it isnt like we will be the real rulers of iraq but the point the new iraq govt...be it now or say 30 yrs down the road (if its still a democracy till then) would dare not oppose US policies or go against US's wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom