• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is SmackDown! vs. RAW really better looking than any wrestling game on XBox?

That's what IGN's review says, I'm finding it a little hard to believe, given the many stellar looking wrestling games developed exclusively for XBox

there's no detriment on earth that could make me overlook how terrific the graphics in SmackDown! vs. RAW truly are. Boasting 40% more polygons than the previous game, as well as a higher resolution, better textures, and a couple of improved animations, it's definitely the best looking wrestling title I've ever seen, The brand new arenas, facial expressions, and lighting effects in particular are of particular note, and all of them are worlds better than they were last time.

9.0 Graphics
Facial animations and character models are the best you'll find in any wrestling title around. The game does still suffer from collision issues, though.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/561/561668p1.html

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
to be fair.. the Raw games looked really awesome in some regards, but they animated like rigor mortis had begun to set in, and some of the charachter models were HORRIBLE..

(Kurt and Trips specifically)

Speevy

Banned
I really loved the N64 wrestling games with all the customization and replay value even in the single player, but I haven't found one game on the GCN or Xbox that's recreated that longevity. Meh.

evil ways

Better and smoother graphics? No

But better and more accurate looking character models than both the Xbox and GC wrestling games? For sure. The character models in Raw and Raw 2 looked retarded, with thin arms, and were shiny, and covered in cooking oil from head to toe.

Also, rehashed SD1 & 2 animations aside, the Smackdown games are far better animated that the games on the other 2 consoles.

Top Bottom