• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this what next gen will look like?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Well of course its CG, at the moment, since there's no hardware to run it on, yet :p
They'll likely just reuse the environment and characters' models that they used for the CG and implement it in their game, afterall, CGs arent magically created, the models are built up in the same was as a game, just a lot more complex, hardware is simply catching up to what we were used to see as CG in the past 5 years.

doncale

Banned
Well of course its CG, at the moment, since there's no hardware to run it on, yet :p
They'll likely just reuse the environment and characters' models that they used for the CG and implement it in their game, afterall, CGs arent magically created, the models are built up in the same was as a game, just a lot more complex, hardware is simply catching up to what we were used to see as CG in the past 5 years.

if by CG you meant pre-rendered CG, you would be incorrect. because that footage, from both videos, is completely realtime, running on ATI graphics on PC.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Looks like current-gen PC stuff, really. Doom III, EverQuest II, etc. I don't see why people are claiming it's CG as it's nothing that can't easily be done on current Nvidia or ATI cards.

Chrono

Banned
Exactly how far ahead are PC games compared to console ones? I'm not a PC gamer but after seeing Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 I'm wondering if we're going to be really surprised when Xbox2/PS2/Revolution are revealed.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Chrono said:
Exactly how far ahead are PC games compared to console ones? I'm not a PC gamer but after seeing Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 I'm wondering if we're going to be really surprised when Xbox2/PS2/Revolution are revealed.

well, if doom 3 runs on xbox at 30fps...

edit:

i would just like to point of if the developers are reading this that when someone says "death" their face shouldnt look like they are pushing out a big shit at any time during the animation.

doncale

Banned
Heavenly Sword is definitally not CG.

it's realtime on ATI's Radeon X800. it looks better than what current consoles can do, but not by leaps and bounds. similar quality to the best PC games.

nextgen consoles will or should beat out those Heavenly Sword graphics by quite a bit, come 2006.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Chrono said:
My guess for next-gen would be to take lighting and texture abilities of current PC games, but then bump up the polygon count. Plus, add a little "good art." :D

Top Bottom