• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israeli demolition of Palestinian homes in Jerusalem and West Bank highest in 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Evil...

The Israeli government is just using religion to get away with anything they want.
Nothing will change as the US government is just as evil for supporting them.

I actually don't believe Israel should be a Jewish state just like I don't believe there should be a catholic state or a protestant state or a buddhist state. Any state that has the dominant religion enshrined in law is inevitably going to discriminate and become aggressive against those they percieve as a threat as Israel is doing to the palestinians. Its disgusting really. The palestinians just want whats rightfully theirs.
Could be mistaken, but I believe the ultra orthodox do not want a state either. They really think God wants them to remain state-less.

He could just mean that they should stop their expansion, or that they should stop their occupation?

He clearly states any.

While I do appease to the fact that Israel's actions to Palestinians is completely unacceptable, the foundation of Israel and it's status as a Jewish state is integral, just as I'd agree to any other major [extremely persecuted] ethnoreligious group having the right to autonomy (as long as it doesn't intrude on the rights of others as we're seeing now).

He clearly states any.

While I do appease to the fact that Israel's actions to Palestinians is completely unacceptable, the foundation of Israel and it's status as a Jewish state is integral, just as I'd agree to any other major [extremely persecuted] ethnoreligious group having the right to autonomy (as long as it doesn't intrude on the rights of others as we're seeing now).

I state that the Jews have no legitimate right to any land in the world.

God promising them a land is not a legitimate case in my eyes.

I'm all for a homeland though, but never at the cost of another people as we are seeing now.

LNBL

A counter-point to what? not all arabs/paestinians hate israel/jews, but the ones who are in power do, and eventually that's what matters.
Actually there is an official war in Israel right now though i couldnt find the source in english:
http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/מצב_חירום_(ישראל)
אף שהנסיבות ששררו בישראל ב-1948 השתנו, ההכרזה על מצב חירום לא בוטלה עד היום.
rough translation: An emergency state was declared on 1948 [when the war started] and wasn't cancelled to this day.
So officially israel is still in a state of war since 1948.
About the second lebanon war, it wasn't planned in advance. I served in the northern front command at the time (at 18 all israelis are drafted for 3 years). It started as a small operation to rescue the kidnapped soldiers and evolved/escalated into a war.
I don't agree about "illegally", I guess no war is legal, but 181 was proposed, refused, and then a war started. Obviously families and people in general were killed on both sides, and both sides hate each other for that.
I am aware that the palestinians are hostile towards israelis and vice versa, and both have their reasons. This isn't helping anyone.

It certainly was planned well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom