• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'IT'S HAPPENNING!' Boston Dynamics Expanded Product Line Launch Event

It's unfortunate that all they really showed off was RoboArm - with limited training data integration. But I suppose we will see
some Youtube Consumer throw up a video of Spot and all it's various uses with this new add on. Would love to see what the ML
Side is doing with this new product.

TheMan

I'd love to see sales and customer usage data on the original Spot. And then on this upcoming version w/ an arm. And then on the version after that with 2+ arms. Things are about to get weird.
Same. The versatility of the arm itself is evident, but I'm not sure what you'd do with the arm when it's attached to an autonomous robot. At least i"m not sure what advantage an AI robot would have over say, a radio controlled version of the same machine.

Last edited:

mango drank

At least i"m not sure what advantage an AI robot would have over say, a radio controlled version of the same machine.
It can navigate uneven terrain, stairs, obstacles, etc. You point out a general target for it to walk to, and it does it on its own. Are there remote-controlled walking robots that let you just control the direction of movement with a joystick, and their legs automatically figure out the terrain to accomplish the traversal? Kind of like a videogame character? (Genuinely curious, I don't know these things.)

TheMan

It can navigate uneven terrain, stairs, obstacles, etc. You point out a general target for it to walk to, and it does it on its own. Are there remote-controlled walking robots that let you just control the direction of movement with a joystick, and their legs automatically figure out the terrain to accomplish the traversal? Kind of like a videogame character? (Genuinely curious, I don't know these things.)
Well my point is that rc version of the same robot might have more utility than an AI controlled version because AI are still not that great compared to an actual human at problem solving

Top Bottom