• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event | It's Glowtime | iPhone 16 models, Apple Watch and AirPods refresh

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I guess I never thought about it, I didnt know anyone actually bought the base iPhone. Who would want that over the Pro? If you are that cheap, buy an android.
Most people are rocking the peasant models or older models. 🤣
  • iPhone 15: The most popular smartphone in the US as of April 2024, accounting for almost 13% of all smartphone sales.
  • iPhone 14: In 2023, this model had a 3.9% market share.
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max: In 2023, this model had a 2.8% market share.
  • iPhone 14 Pro: In 2023, this model had a 2.4% market share.
  • iPhone 13: In 2023, this model had a 2.2% market share.
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max: In 2023, this model had a 1.7% market share.
  • iPhone 15 Pro: In 2023, this model had a 1.4% market share.

Last edited:

Tams

I'm liking the camera button, though a tradtional mechanical two-stage would probably still be better for when capacitive just won't work.

The action button is nice too. That it's in the same place thay Samsung put their Bixby button (which could eventually have it's function changed), yet Apple don't get flak for it is rather irksome.

It is nice to see physical and dedicated controls making a comeback. Again, sadly, it is only after Apple do something that, outside of a few niche players and segments, the rest of the industry will follow like sheep. So, hopefully within six months other companies will start releasing phones with action buttons and camera buttons.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Sony's Xperia 1 and 5 series phones have a dedicated camera button

Xiaomi phones have a camera kit accessory. They are 3rd worldwide in market share just 1 percentage qpoint behind Apple. Hardly a niche player.
hVibQbd.jpeg

Last edited:

Tams

Sony's Xperia 1 and 5 series phones have a dedicated camera button

Xiaomi phones have a camera kit accessory. They are 3rd worldwide in market share just 1 percentage qpoint behind Apple. Hardly a niche player.
hVibQbd.jpeg

I deliberately worded my post to address that. I knew somone would come in and accuse me of claiming Apple 'invented' it. Read my comment again.

Anyway, I've long used Nokia and Sony (Sony Ericsson) phones with camera buttons. Sony are the only one left, and are very much a niche player now.

cjp

Anyone jumped to the iOS 18 RC yet?

Probably the least interested I’ve been in an iOS update. I want the new calendar month view but the Photos redesign seems dog shit.

Rockondevil

Anyone jumped to the iOS 18 RC yet?

Probably the least interested I’ve been in an iOS update. I want the new calendar month view but the Photos redesign seems dog shit.
Had it for a bit now and yeah there's no huge changes that are exciting.
The photos thing is quite editable, and I've almost completely adjusted it so it's like it was. But there's options.

Reactions: cjp

Mattyp

Gold Member
Same overpriced and underpowered crap
What a joke
Underpowered compared to what? It’s the strongest chipset out there.

I’ll get the new pro max and hand down my 14 pro max.

I’ve got an ultra watch but that black, nearly makes me want to hand that down as well 😂

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Well, I may upgrade from my 15, even though I typically keep my phones until they're old husks weezing along. The return of ports and buttons and they way they're using them just sounds too nice to avoid.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
BestBuy is currently offering a $300 trade in value for the watch series 9 45mm if is good condition. You could get the series 10 for $100 or $130 based on your screen size. If you, like me got the series 9 on sale for $300. That’s one heck of a deal.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m really liking ios18. Specifically the fact that we now have dark mode icons and they look fantastic along with having everything else in dark mode.

New OS + new case = my iPhone 12 Pro feels new again.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I’m really liking ios18. Specifically the fact that we now have dark mode icons and they look fantastic along with having everything else in dark mode.

New OS + new case = my iPhone 12 Pro feels new again.

Im rocking a 12 pro max lol.

I really want to upgrade this year, but ming chi kuo is reporting next year we get improved selfie cam and 48mp on the telephoto....

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Most people are rocking the peasant models or older models. 🤣
  • iPhone 15: The most popular smartphone in the US as of April 2024, accounting for almost 13% of all smartphone sales.
  • iPhone 14: In 2023, this model had a 3.9% market share.
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max: In 2023, this model had a 2.8% market share.
  • iPhone 14 Pro: In 2023, this model had a 2.4% market share.
  • iPhone 13: In 2023, this model had a 2.2% market share.
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max: In 2023, this model had a 1.7% market share.
  • iPhone 15 Pro: In 2023, this model had a 1.4% market share.

I have a 12 Pro Max.

I have a 15 pro and my wife won't let me upgrade

I tried telling her that she could get mine and I could get the 16 pro thus starting in our family the honored tradition of the phone swap down, but no

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't know how that camera control button is going to sit with left-handed people. Haven't heard anyone mention this.

I'm a leftie and I checked throughout the day and I hold my phone exactly where this button is.

Does this thing trigger with a touch or is it an actual press? I don't want to switch to camera 100 times a day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom