• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Zucchi

Offical name is Smudge, but we call him Mudgie. He's approaching 14 years old:

IMG_0416.jpg

Then there's Elfkin, an american curl my cousin found at a shelter, she's 9 or 10. Most mellow and friendliest cat we've ever had:

IMG_0287.jpg

Then the newest addition, Weezie. He's about 3 by now:

IMG_0351.jpg

and the rare pic of the 3 of them together: (under the Xmas tree, of course..)

IMG_0902.jpg

Yay kitties!

artist

Banned
I dont have a cat .. but have a cat story to share.

I have always been a cat lover. On a recent trip, I tried to save a stray kitten that had been chased by some kids into traffic. It ended up on "roundabout" with traffic on all sides. It was scared and so I jumped out of my car (I was a passenger) and climbed the roundabout and petted it first to make it feel comfortable, picked it up. When I tried to cross the traffic lane, it saw the cars and panicked. It turned around and bit me on my left hand. As I pulled my hand away, it bit into my t-shirt and was literally hanging on it with its mouth, haha. I crossed the traffic and yanked my t-shirt as it fell on ground and ran away, my left hand covered in blood. I went in for tetanus and avrs .. ugh.

Still a cat lover and love this thread. :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FunkyPajamas said:
I hope this isn't too much. I'll remove the image tags if it bothers you guys, so please let me know :)

How could that possibly bother anyone? That's a cool pair of cats.

Zucchi

Freestyler said:
Wow, where do you live? It looks amazing!

Thats my parent's house in upstate NY. It's a pretty rural area but we have a nice big lawn, grassy fields and a pond, the cats love it. My mom takes really good care of them, they're allowed out during the day but are always brought in at night. They don't tend to wander too far (elfkin never leaves the lawn unless my mom is nearby). They even go on "walks" with people, its so adorable. :)

That particular photo was taken last year in spring I think.

Ryaaan14

Banned
GAF I'd like to introduce you to Venom and Pixel.

awwww.jpg

Venom is turning 5 soon and is a tuxedo cat rescue, and Pixel is a 2 year old Ragdoll.

Screenshot2010-03-24at32815PM.png

boys-1-1.jpg

79a01440.jpg

91860580.jpg

jambo

My old cat Ziggy, had to give him to a mate a few years ago when I moved to a place that didn't allow pets =[

ecq3G.jpg

And my housemate's cat Tigger, loves a good scratch and often jumps up on to my computer desk and walks on the keyboard to get said scratches.

bBubi.jpg

Bradlums said:
Me and the cats, nbd

anthony-weiner-and-his-cat-30823-1307370663-1.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Qwomo, those are fantastic shots.

A lot of awesome pictures in this thread. :D
Bradlums said:
I want a pair of cats just like this someday :D
I adopted them from a shelter, they're siblings and I'm madly in love with both. Love your avatar by the way!

A few more pics of Tanuki and Emma. I wish I knew how to take quality pictures.
O4ddE.jpg

fPsv6.jpg

AQncY.jpg

spsF5.jpg

Snuggler said:
How could that possibly bother anyone? That's a cool pair of cats.
Thanks Snuggler. Sometimes I worry about adding too many images in a single post.

A few pages back I posted a video of a little kitten which we were nursering while we found her a home, she had a swollen eye so no one actually wanted her. Skip a few weeks ahead, we had to remove her eye and decided to keep her to make company for our current cat.

Here's a picture of her a friend took on his iphone. She is really cute, and now our cat has someone to play with.
ppShU.jpg

Mik2121

patri0tic said:
Nice cats I see here. Timmy when he's 2 month old.

5965586355_d20b9b24c6_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/5965588267_7eacc41860_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That looks straight from some fantasy world. Love the hair and the white outlines around the eyes. Beautiful!.

slider

Ugh, I'm bummed out. I'm out of town for work and so is my gf and our cat is very ill. Fell out of an open window (c'mon kitty, how did you do that?) that the cleaner had left open. She's 12 years old and fell about 10 metres (I think).

The vet said it would've been better from a greater height as she would've had time to land with her front paws. As it is she landed on the rear paws and has displaced both hips. The vet's said the plan is to just let them heal and avoid surgery (is there surgery available for that sort of injury?).

Anyway, got a call at around 19:10 from the vet. She, the vet, was at the clinic and said the kitty was close to death at around 16:30. Fuck. But she's improving but still critical. She has a pulmonary oedema too which, apparently, is unrelated to the fall.

Fuck, I'm upset. Especially as I can't sit with her and give her a stroke or whatever. I'd always seen threads on GAF about when are pets are in pain/won't have quality of life you should put them down. But now I just want my cat to pull through.

: (

Someone cheer me up please.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=23010621&postcount=595

:(

I actually usually try to 'avoid' reading posts like that because it just makes me so sad, sorry man I wish stuff like that would never happen to anyone/have to deal with that sorta stuff. :(

slider

Cats are awesome and thanks for the sympathies guys; sometimes knowing someone gives a shit (even strangers!) helps.

The vet called at 23:15 (she's an amazing vet) last night and told me she'd passed. My girlfriend is devastated like I've never known her to be. We both come back home today and I'll have to run around the flat and clear out all that cat's stuff; I think it'll be better that way.

RIP kitty.

262lk42.jpg

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
So sorry to hear about your cat, Slider. :( She was so adorable! Its tough getting over a pet's death, hang in there!

Our kitty Leela.

54yhb7.jpg

nd20cn.jpg

My guy with they kitty sleeping in his arms, sooo adorable! :D

351d5qa.jpg

New kitten!!!

29olao3.jpg

Her name is India (as in the ink). Hyper and super-friendly. The other cats are still working out their feelings about her, though...

dude

dude
Zoe said:
Aww, how'd that happen? :(
Well, a girlfriend of a friend of mine found him on the street of East Jerusalem, his leg was broken and he was very thin - She's one of those vegan activists, so she really wanted to help him but couldn't keep him, so she asked me and my rommage if we could adopt him. He had to go to surgery, as his leg was broken exactly at the knee - which means he'll probably have a little limp.
He'd good now though, and next wekk we're finally taking the cast off.

Phonomezer said:
Aww, and he still wants to play!

Cute!
He's actully very active! He's able to run and even jump with his cast.
I was also surprised how good and trusting he was, considering he was a street cat.

Zoe

dude said:
Well, a girlfriend of a friend of mine found him on the street of East Jerusalem, his leg was broken and he was very thin - She's one of those vegan activists, so she really wanted to help him but couldn't keep him, so she asked me and my rommage if we could adopt him. He had to go to surgery, as his leg was broken exactly at the knee - which means he'll probably have a little limp.
He'd good now though, and next wekk we're finally taking the cast off.

Good for you taking him in!

You might have to teach him how to jump. I remember another GAFer had a kitten with a broken leg, and apparently that was a small problem cause the kitten was used to climbing to get around.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
awe, cuteness overload! Love the kittieh pictures. :D

I wish my kitty was friendly with other cats, she hated my old cat (well, now my sister's cat since I moved out) Joey and he#s the most lovely cat ever. Likes all cats just don't like people and I prefer it that way. My kitten however hate every cat she's come across which is weird because she used to live in a house full of cats. :( There are tons of outdoorsy pet kittens and cats in my street but whenever I take her out with me on supervised walks in the front lawn, she hisses and growls at every single cat she sees. All the cats are friendly and want to play and be friends with her but she just hates em all.

LonelyFinch said:
That's favorite cat on gaf.
He/She has the same distinct grump face in every single picture.

He! Jojo is a he. Although sometimes he gives a more cutesy face but he can't really stop the grumpy look.

Top Bottom