• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Import Review

+ incredible cast
+ a true singleplayer mode
+ the characters are fun to play
+ some strategies
+ the custom soundtrack to put his songs

- no real training mode
- the cameras
- the lag
- slowdowns on destructible elements
- the comic splitscreen
- in short, it's clutter

6/10

excuse my ignorance guys so i'm in the process of buying a vita and when it comes to imports do i need a separate memory card to play them or do i need Japanese account?

Takao

Banned
excuse my ignorance guys so i'm in the process of buying a vita and when it comes to imports do i need a separate memory card to play them or do i need Japanese account?

For physical releases you're fine to use your local PSN account. Just know that you'd have to switch over to a JP one (which is a hassle) if there's DLC you want to buy.

Just got the platinum for this game, it feels great. The hardest trophy for me was the
defeat 30 mystery ships
trophy. It wasn't as hard, as much as it was boring. Just flying around on story mode and fighting. Not to mention that your limited to the story characters only, I'm just glad you can get
Momotaro
in the story. He's one of my favorite characters to play, when I just want to have a fun match.

213372bu

Banned
I didn't want to make a large thread on it, however...

ImportGAF, should I go out and import this for Vita, or go out and get SAO?

HyperHip

Been enjoying this game despite it's many flaws. I remember day 1 hearing about how shallow the combo system was. Fast forward to this week and I'm getting styled on by flashy Naruto's and Boa's. Seriously almost everyone has cool tech to mess around with.

Hopefully Namco does something about online, because while I can deal with awkward cameras and funky stages shit netcode is a no-no.

I got the Vita version yesterday. Really impressed with it technically so far. Not had any slowdown and it looks and plays pretty damn nicely. The touch screen acting as the L2, R2 etc. buttons is also well implemented that it never feels like a hassle having to call up support characters or enter the Victory Burst mode.

My main dislike is the lack of a training mode, it really hurts that there is no easy way to practice combo's as its actually pretty fun messing around with different characters. Toriko is my surprise favourite character at the moment, he has some cool combo's and Goku seems like a solid character as well.

Anyone have any Joseph combo's/tips? I just can't seem to get the hang of him (which sucks, as I'm a Jojo fan).

Feltrol

Banned
I wonder why they didn't include characters from some series that can fight. The perfect examples are Yami from To Love Ru and Tsugumi from Nisekoi.

so im pretty sure that Vegeta's Big Bang Attack does more damage than most peoples victory bursts, and his Final Flash is an insta kill at like 75% health unless you guard

please nerf

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Played this for a little bit again, after several weeks of inactivity, online, and found some pretty good connections. Must be more importers on now.

Daingurse

Finally got my PS3 copy that I ordered in late April. This game is extremely fun, had a blast playing it with my brother. Enough fun to ignore the extreme technical quirks, lack of training mode, and butchered split-screen. I was not expecting the split-screen to look the way it did, but that must have been the only way to get it to run. It ran quite well, of course it better with such small windows!

Still unlocking characters, and learning the game, but I think this will be a worthy entry in my library, for the novelty alone. Didn't realize how much joy I'd receive playing my boy Gon, Yusuke, Goku, etc . . .

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I got to play the game... with a JOYSTICK at Animazement over the weekend. I couldn't Victory Burst due to having no R3, and Blocking, Specials, and such felt REALLY weird on a TE stick, lol. Still, I had fun with it, and since no one at the con offered solid import game sales, I finally went ahead and ordered the game online.

I had no problem with Split Screen, A game with this many characters, environ destruction, and huge special abilities, it's understandable for it to run smaller windows. A bit more going on even than within Extreme VS running right beside it. Which I never got a change to play :(

ANYWAY, It'll be a while before I get the game, but really looking forward to it! I'm kinda glad I got All Star Battle first, as it makes me much more interested in the early JoJo's characters than I would have been. (That, and watching the recent anime series.)

Shinriji

Played this for a little bit again, after several weeks of inactivity, online, and found some pretty good connections. Must be more importers on now.

Yep. Getting good connections and a lot of people playing every time. But, I'm tired to losing for the Seiya/ Bobobo infinite combo.

Shinriji

Update 1.02 released. I didn't feel any difference, but there is hoping that they fixed some trophies and fixed the Ichigo J-adventure events glitch.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

I'd gladly buy it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god please let the demand be recognized. I recall Project X Zone got localized due to the demand, though I assume the rights were way easier to get ahold of.

.....I still wonder what that Awakened Legends Vs. was related to....

Top Bottom