• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

Just got done playing about 5 matches online, with a few folks from the US. It was really smooth, and I had fun. I didn't think I was that good with Nube, but I guess i was. Someone was using Koro-Sensei, and I got annihilated. He was dashing across the stage, and at me. I couldn't even catch him. Someone used Madara as well. I can't believe his fire jutsu does that much damage. One fire jutsu takes my health down by like 40%. His blue arm move (I don't know the name of it) also has long reach, I couldn't even dodge it.

So overall, I had fun. I don't know what real online is like, since I haven't stepped into a ranked match yet. I like playing around in player matches much better. I heard ranked matches is just a bunch of Vegeta, Saiki, and Aizen players anyways. So I'm not all that excited to try it.

My best characters so far is Nube and Oga. I haven't played as everyone yet, but I'm best with these 2 so far.

You can use cross save ability to back updata....

All you are doing is loading your data to your PSN account and downloading it to the same device or the Vita. You should be using it.

I made a video, plus there are walkthoughs on saiyanisland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyO-z7fF7M&list=UUmxr5GH8f-LowiKZxMpnsOA

Sorry for your lost time...

I forgot about the cross saving feature in this game, thanks. It seems after I restarted the game, it now auto-saves. During my first game, it didn't auto-save or even have a save selection on the story mode. So I really did screw up the title screen selection when I first started it.

FSLink

Banned
Got my copy for PS3 (Anison edition). Only got to play a few matches before work, but seems pretty fun, though as expected the combat seems limited. Not expecting much depth to it but I'd love to be surprised.

How's the Vita port in comparison to the PS3 version? (Framerate, textures, resolution, etc.) Might pick that up later on if I end up loving this.

FSLink

Banned
Movement seems kind of clunky in the game too. Also mapping recovery after a knockdown to R1 is weird. I wish there was an actual button config, would be pretty easy to map it to an arcade stick if they let me. :/

Got my copy for PS3 (Anison edition). Only got to play a few matches before work, but seems pretty fun, though as expected the combat seems limited. Not expecting much depth to it but I'd love to be surprised.

How's the Vita port in comparison to the PS3 version? (Framerate, textures, resolution, etc.) Might pick that up later on if I end up loving this.

At first I didn't think it was possible, but you can make combos in this game. I have about 5 combos I can do with Nube that I made up. I have about 3 I can do with Oga. Someone even made a video showcasing over 10 combos that they made up with Madara. I just like that it has combo potential.

Also, there's just guards. It's kinda like substitution jutsu or instant transmission, where you can tap block at the right moment to vanish behind your opponent. It's difficult to get a hang of, but once you learn it you become very good. The game doesn't have a lot of depth, but I think it's good enough to be fun.

Here's Vita gameplay for comparing

Namikaze

Framerate the same on the Vita version? Hard to tell from a 30FPS Youtube video.

I got the Vita version. The detail and textures are noticeably downgraded from the PS3 version, but the framerate is pretty much solid. I can only think of a few moments where there has been slowdown; it runs pretty well, even during hectic moments. It's really nice to have it on portable with pause/resume features.

baekshi

Banned
I got the Vita version. The detail and textures are noticeably downgraded from the PS3 version, but the framerate is pretty much solid. I can only think of a few moments where there has been slowdown; it runs pretty well, even during hectic moments. It's really nice to have it on portable with pause/resume features.

The ad hoc works really well too. (online so far has been all lag :/)

But I can't figure out how to remove 2nd COM's on it. I don't think there is a option for that, is there?

Namikaze

The ad hoc works really well too. (online so far has been all lag :/)

But I can't figure out how to remove 2nd COM's on it. I don't think there is a option for that, is there?

Online is really atrocious for me so far. :( Haven't played in a decent match yet.. too much lag, and people tend to pick the cheaper characters, lol (at least in ranked matches).

In free battle you can remove the second com or even support characters by highlighting them and clicking triangle.

LMN

Seeing this week sale, I really hope that this encourage the developer to releases a patch that improve the net-code and balancing issue. I already order mine (vita version) and waiting for the game to be ship =P

Seeing this week sale, I really hope that this encourage the developer to releases a patch that improve the net-code and balancing issue. I already order mine (vita version) and waiting for the game to be ship =P

I saw the sales as well. I guess 200,000 isn't bad for a first time game. I was surprised that the Vita version sold so much. It was almost 50/50 with the sales from PS3 and Vita, with the PS3 having a slight edge.

I think they need to fix the damage output on a lot of characters. Vegeta's Big Bang Attack, and his ki volley needs some nerfing. Saiki's shield needs to be changed somehow. His shield is ridiculous. If your a character like Luffy, you can't hit him without taking damage. He gets 3 chances to hit anyone that goes near him.

Then there's certain characters that need a buff. Hancock, and Gintoki needs more damage. Hancock barely does any damage, and Gintoki can't do any combos. With Gintoki not being able to do combos, and his moves not being as damaging. He's borderline useless, except for a few laughs while playing as him. The game is in definite need of some patches.

LMN

I saw the sales as well. I guess 200,000 isn't bad for a first time game. I was surprised that the Vita version sold so much. It was almost 50/50 with the sales from PS3 and Vita, with the PS3 having a slight edge.

I think they need to fix the damage output on a lot of characters. Vegeta's Big Bang Attack, and his ki volley needs some nerfing. Saiki's shield needs to be changed somehow. His shield is ridiculous. If your a character like Luffy, you can't hit him without taking damage. He gets 3 chances to hit anyone that goes near him.

Then there's certain characters that need a buff. Hancock, and Gintoki needs more damage. Hancock barely does any damage, and Gintoki can't do any combos. With Gintoki not being able to do combos, and his moves not being as damaging. He's borderline useless, except for a few laughs while playing as him. The game is in definite need of some patches.

Yeah, you totally nailed it. These are the problems that needed to be fix. It was really sad for me on how Gintoki move-set is so limited and more gag-oriented. It's a shame, since he have so many cool moves/moments in the manga, but all he got in this game is justaway and shoyu sauce.

ss-hikaru

Super disappointed, I wanted my main character to be Gintoki :(

Any other characters that can't do combos?

baekshi

Banned
Online is really atrocious for me so far. :( Haven't played in a decent match yet.. too much lag, and people tend to pick the cheaper characters, lol (at least in ranked matches).

In free battle you can remove the second com or even support characters by highlighting them and clicking triangle.

I don't see that option in Ad Hoc mode...?

I'm glad everyone here shares my disappointment with Gintoki. He is absolutely horrible and I'm extremely disappointed. Today is probably the last day I'll use him. It's sad seeing how solid Ryotsu is (with an attack that almost can't be dodged!) and what a mess they made out of Gintoki.

Despite my initial impressions of her, I really like Medaka now. Her move set is really awesome. I really hate how they gave her low health though. I just need to be more defensive I guess.

Super disappointed, I wanted my main character to be Gintoki :(

Any other characters that can't do combos?

I haven't played as everyone yet, but I've mostly been able to pull off multiple combos with most of the cast. Gintoki and Pegasus are the only 2 so far, that I can't get a hold on. Gintoki's sword slashes always knocks the person away. With his scooter being his running animation, he can't link it into a combo. Also, his kamehameha has a slow start up and randomly works correctly. Pegasus's moves all have a slow start up to them. They all take a while to perform, but are powerful. Pegasus may not be able to do many combos, but he sure can dish out damage.

Dragoshi1

Medaka is definitely my best character thus far, shame she doesn't hit hard unless in War God mode, and her health is really sucky.

Korosensei is awesome too, my 2nd best character, followed by Bobobo.

Takao

Banned
Preeeeetty sure that Go Nagai owns that. Might as well ask for Dragon Quest - Dai's Great Adventure as DLC.

Saint Seiya, and FoTNS are likely owned by their authors too, because they aren't owned by Shueshia anymore. Unless Go Nagai has some anti-video game/Namco Bandai vendetta, I don't see why they couldn't get that done.

They've already confirmed that there won't be paid DLC, and I can't see Namco Bandai giving away free stuff for a licensed game.

Well there are empty slots in the character select menu, hoping it's true!

3 empty slots to be exact. On the GF forums, they said that they also discovered sound files for 2 of the characters. Hopefully it gives good results.

They've already confirmed that there won't be paid DLC, and I can't see Namco Bandai giving away free stuff for a licensed game.

This is all speculation at the moment. It could be unfinished/removed characters for all we know. It'd be great either way to find out who they are. I wouldn't mind them adding Yugi, Taikoubou, or Echizen (as support).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if Jotaro & Dio were DLC (either free or paid) the same day as the new anime aired on 4/4.

Least Yoh was in the files, that'll at least please people to know he was considered & therefore has a better shot at a sequel.

I assume Dai was cut out on the grounds it's a Dragon Quest character, which might have caused some issues on licensing & what not (unless SJ owns the right to all characters that appeared in the manga)? I didn't even know Shonen Jump had a Dragon Quest manga, though considering Akira Toriyama does the artwork sometimes, guess that isn't too big of a surprise.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What's the consensus so far? Is it good? Or at least better than the last Jojo's game?

Certainly better than JoJo's ASB, but that's not saying much, LOL.

I still need to spend a lot more time on this, but it's a fun game from what I've played.

Any chance of a western release? I traditionally wouldn't expect such a thing, but after Jojo's All-Star Battle got announced, I wonder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any chance of a western release? I traditionally wouldn't expect such a thing, but after Jojo's All-Star Battle got announced, I wonder.
Some people, myself included, are waiting to see what's to become of that "Awakened Legends Vs." URL that got trademarked the same time that Unlimited World Red's URL was registered as well.

Granted, I wonder if the fact Tecmo owning Fist of the North Star gaming rights in the US might come into play, but everything else, I'm pretty sure Namco either owns the gaming rights (Dragonball Z, One Piece, Naruto, etc.) for the franchise or nobody does. Really, if this does somehow get localized, I think we'd only lose out on the Anison Edition music, considering they didn't get the rights for some of the j-pop themes from games that appeared in Project X Zone.

FSLink

Banned

Yeah if it wasn't a licensed game I could see them doing a time unlock like Tekken Tag 2. But for a licensed game, including them from the get go for advertising or DLC (which they already ruled out) is the way they'd go.

It's probably just unfinished stuff. Games have them all the time.

I haven't seen part 3 of Jojo so I don't know much about Jotaro. I doubt that he's better then Joseph was, personality wise. Dio I know from part 1, and I liked him so he's cool. I don't know who Dai is, but I heard he's from DQ. I'm not even sure how a DQ character would get in, but oh well. Yoh I do know about, but it's too bad he'd be support. Why would they make Dai playable, and Yoh support? You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if these characters get announced, or if they were just characters that weren't added in the final. Either way, I won't be missing out. Like I said I only know 1 character from the 4, and the other is support anyways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had no idea who Dai was until I saw it was mentioned what manga he was from with the link to the news.

Dio might have been from Part 3 since he's considered more popular compared to Part 1 (& Part 1 is considered "Dio Brando", i.e. in Jojo All-Star Battle to tell the difference between the two)

EDIT: I played a ranked match, and got partner'd up with a Vegeta. I was Nube, and dashed to my opponent at the start of battle. I was expecting my partner to dash as well, but they just stood back charging their stamina. So I went on the assault and started fighting the team, but they ganged up on me. I got destroyed within seconds. Madara used his OP fire jutsu (I'll save that for later), while Kenshiro destroyed me with punches during the jutsu. I don't know wtf Vegeta was doing, but I'm guessing he was watching me get killed. I get respawned, and I see him being forced to fight. Mostly because they both ran at him. Then it happened again. My Vegeta partner fled when he got the chance (after I saved them >_>), and I'm being trampled by both of them. I got pretty mad since I died both times in seconds. I could tell my partner was a spammer, because I can see them trying to sneak in BBA's but failing with each blast. Never trying to come in and help me out, but staying as far away as possible. Thankfully my partner was one of those sore loser type of people, so they quit the match before it ended.

First of all, Madara's fire jutsu does around 50-60% damage. I got hit by it, and watched as my HP kept going down. I couldn't believe how long that attack was going on for, and how much damage I was taking. That is beyond ridiculous. He can't really spam it like Vegeta's BBA so it's not as bad, but when he does it. Expect his next fire jutsu to kill you.

So overall, it doesn't matter whether your against or partner'd with a spammer. It's crappy on both sides.

So, can we talk about this girl and her dog assist? Hidden Missiles wishes it was this good.

People use Kagura/Sadaharu to help spam attacks. It's Vegetas greatest assist online. All of her attacks can be blocked, it's just that the person who used the assist. Probably has a big bang attack waiting to break your guard and do a ton of damage.

I knew her assist was going to get abused the second I saw it in person.

Top Bottom