• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan to get lifetime achievement Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
eIoum5f.png

WONTON ON CAMBIE
CRITIC'S CHOICE

what?

KahooTs

Recently saw Skiptrace though I could not understand the spoken or subtitled language, and was more than adequately entertained.

Cannot think of anyone more well deserving than Jackie Chan to get this. He really risked life and limb to make some excellent movies.

norm9

Chris Tucker will always be his best partner, but Owen Wilson was funny too in the Shanghai movies. They should both present and drop a crazy story about Jackie Chan.

Kieli

Of his entire filmography, they choose to highlight Karate Kid, Kungfu Panda, and Rush Hour?...

wut

20cent

Banned
His ass-licking position regarding China after fleeing it - to crawl in Hong Kong to make his career and fortune before becoming an international and Mainland China star - is disgusting.
(he openly says that HK should lose its special administration status and become 100% China)

His (pre-2000) movies are great though but he sucks as a human being.

BTW he is like a god in China and already a multi-billionaire thanks to chinese market, this "about damn time well deserved" recognition from Hollywood means nothing to him to be honest. Just a chocolate medal.

brb fam, gotta go watch all the movies of his that I haven't seen yet. I remember there being some films before his US exposure that sounded unfamiliar

Thanks, Jackie, on a hundred years in the business!

I love your kicks, I love the karate moves you made so famous, and if I had another father, I'd love to have you be my father, because I'd love the way you'd make me grow up.

Here's to another 100 years of Jackie Chan!

Awesome

Will they start giving awards to Stunt Men and Women/Teams??

seriously
they bloody well ought to.

the Academy is frigging terrible at recognizing artists outside of the American film industry, even the Foreign Language Oscar doesn't have the best track record of giving it out to well deserving films (although they've gotten a lot better in recent years). Jackie absolutely deserves this. No matter how questionable so many of the things he's said, done, and supported throughout the years remains*, I struggle to name anybody else on earth who has worked harder to entertain me, and has built up such a remarkable body of work that should be justly treasured by all future generations.

* Like getting drunk and crashing somebody else's concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom