• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jak and Daxter Collection |OT|

Linkenski

Banned
Just beat Jak 2 couple of weeks ago, probably for the third time in total since I played it twice on PS2. I still think it's a really good game but I agree it's sometimes completely unfair and the mission-design is shoddy as F.

Then I went and played Jak 3 this week and beat it in 9 hours. It was good and kinda cool to see a 10 year old game for the first time and still be impressed by the gorgeous animations and even the graphics sometimes.

I will say however I didn't like what they did with characters like Torn or how Kiera didn't really have a role in it (and a new voice actor WTF!?). Storywise it's close to being my favorite of the 3 games but some things that had potential simply weren't fleshed out and you could really feel they had to rush certain parts of the game. Missions also had too many one-off gimmicks like the top-down view mission in Haven City where you're on the "front lines". I just kinda wish you'd stayed more in the desert area because initially I got chills when seeing Haven city again but then half the game was just doing missions in there and they felt kinda generic to me.

Still, all in all it had some really good stuff and it left me wanting more :D

Top Bottom