• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Kacho

Just lol at this.

He says whatever the writers ask of him. It's not the content of the promos that matters, in terms of skill and charisma on the mic, there is nobody on his level except Rock and Punk.

You're both so completely, utterly wrong.

Would you place Cena over Stone Cold?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Poor Ryder.
PldZM.jpg

Ziggler's pretty good on his youtube show thing when he's reading from an auto-cue, but he doesn't have much presence live. Cena? His delivery is just painful and formulaic, to such a degree that it really doesn't matter what he's saying. You know his attitude to any given situation entirely from the inflection of his voice. His words are incidental and meaningless, his promos dull and forgettable. He is the bland, ever-present face of the WWE, the personification of the unbreakable glass ceiling, existing in a world without logic where no matter the struggle, odds will be overcome, where no matter the circumstances, he will remain the embodiment of a twisted, nonsensical sense of justice and moral righteousness, whether it makes sense or not. Fuck off Cena.

Striker

Just lol at this.

He says whatever the writers ask of him. It's not the content of the promos that matters, in terms of skill and charisma on the mic, there is nobody on his level except Rock and Punk.

You're both so completely, utterly wrong.
Are you talking now or history? Because you did say he's one of the best talkers ever - which I strongly disagreed with. Hence I asked when you began watching. His delivery and tone is so boring and mundane.

Fuck Zack Ryder.

This, too.

I mean, sure, it's shitty that WWE used him because he got himself over and then dumped on him for having the audacity to get himself over, but it's shitty that a bunch of guys with far more talent than Ryder are stuck on the c-shows, or aren't ever given a chance at all. If he's dissatisfied, he can always go to TNA and change his name to Robbie Z, or something.

Omega

Banned
why is anyone giving john cena credit on anything?

this is the same guy that completely kills a match by never selling before, during or after. who cares if he can "deliver" a shit promo

this is the same guy that completely kills a match by never selling before, during or after. who cares if he can "deliver" a shit promo
To be fair, Cena's in ring work is something I've never questioned. He's always been good. He's not great, but he more than makes up for it with his charisma in the ring.

Kacho

I dunno. I get that Cena is hated for a lot of things and deservedly so. He is still one of the talkers on the mic today. Other than Punk and the Rock, I can't think of one other person who is better than Cena.

RBH

Haven't watched any wrestling on TV for months now, so I'm generally clueless as to what's going on in the WWE and TNA.

1254172884282.jpg

I never said he wasn't good, I just called bullshit on you saying he's one of the best talkers in WWE history. Like I said, there are plenty of people who I'd rank above him.

And no it's not some bias towards him being Cena.

Name them

btw, those long recap posts of raws/nitros of past make the thread a real pain to read and i'm on fast internet. Still have to scroll a lot even when clicking on "last new post".

Haven't watched any wrestling on TV for months now, so I'm generally clueless as to what's going on in the WWE and TNA.
I've gone the opposite way. I didn't watch for months, but I've caught about an hour of each Raw the past month or so.

It's only gonna get worse, with Mania coming up and all.

pants

I haven't ever been the most prolific poster here, but I feel im done with paying active attention to this thread. I like most of you but the conversation is just stifled by no new members ever coming in to break up the monotony of same old shit and me not caring about WWE wrestling very much.

Was fun while it lasted and I hope I still get some low card heel heat when I pop around randomly in the future.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You guys were right Sleeping Dogs is great.

I'm tempted to platinum it.

Sucks I have to see Pendrew's stupid face everytime I load it up though.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/021/073/1254172884282.jpg?1254173845[img][/QUOTE]

RBH is an indy snob now?

[url]http://www.tout.com/m/zl6bx8[/url]

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys were right Sleeping Dogs is great.

I'm tempted to platinum it.

Sucks I have to see Pendrew's stupid face everytime I load it up though.

Platinum that shit man. I 1k/1ked it...almost...

Haven't watched any wrestling at all. Just don't have the time to anymore.

I'll watch old clips on Youtube here and there, but that's pretty much it these days.

This type of talk is sad to hear. There have been times during these 3 hour marathon Raws where i just want to stop watching altogether but i've stuck through it. Thank god for multi-tasking... games, websurfing, because there's no way I could sit thru 3 hours of just Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't ever been the most prolific poster here, but I feel im done with paying active attention to this thread. I like most of you but the conversation is just stifled by no new members ever coming in to break up the monotony of same old shit and me not caring about WWE wrestling very much.

Was fun while it lasted and I hope I still get some low card heel heat when I pop around randomly in the future.

Thank the Community tab for that. :| Maybe we'll get some new blood in when the Ramble topic comes up (in the main OT)

Striker

You said dozens but since the Internet is a hyperbole paradise I wouldn't expect dozens. How about 10, no how about 7
Thought you were making it a challenge?

Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Bobby Heenan, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper

Haven't watched any wrestling at all. Just don't have the time to anymore.

I'll watch old clips on Youtube here and there, but that's pretty much it these days.

Yeah, I haven't either. I barely check this thread anymore, it's all about Battlefield 3 and Netflix these days. I'm still subscribed to the WWE YouTube Channel and a bunch of wrestlers on Twitter so I'm not completely out yet.

Aside from games and Netflix, the biggest factor that led to my disinterest was when my go-to WWE gif Tumblr stopped updating.

I can only consume wrestling in gif form.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The lock-on switching and targeting just feels wonky and not smooth. It probably gets easier after a few hours but I couldn't last that long

Oh, well I never really used the lock on thing. There would be times when I was swinging at nothing but that happened only a few times and eventually I knew how to avoid it. I'll compare it to Batman since that's the only other game with similar combat that I've played. Countering in Sleeping Dogs is way more strict, as in, I tried to play this game like Batman and mash the fuck out of the hit guys button and kept on getting hit for it. So like don't mash. Something I didn't like about Batman was how good the targeting was, was a little too good imo. Batman will leap fucking 30 feet between dudes that you're hitting and for Batman that shit looks dumb.

Yeah, I haven't either. I barely check this thread anymore, it's all about Battlefield 3 and Netflix these days. I'm still subscribed to the WWE YouTube Channel and a bunch of wrestlers on Twitter so I'm not completely out yet.

Aside from games and Netflix, the biggest factor that led to my disinterest was when my go-to WWE gif Tumblr stopped updating.

I can only consume wrestling in gif form.
You follow wrestlers on Twitter?

That's almost as bad as wearing wrestling shirts.

Name them

Jake, DiBiase, Piper, Flair, Funk, Rhodes, Rock, Foley, Austin, Jericho, Pillman, Savage, Angle, Lawler, Punk, Owen, Hulk, Rude, Eddie, Perfect, etc.

*edit, lol;

None of them are more skilled on the mic. You're evaluating characters and writing over skill and charisma on the mic.

Wow. Frankly, I'm going to stop now, as my opinion is so clearly divergent from yours.

What does that even mean?

I'm not even sure. The combat was far more involved than any other 3rd person open world game to date.

Kacho

How long till we see The Shield or more importantly Ambrose cut a live promo? I hear he's pretty good.

Thank the Community tab for that. :| Maybe we'll get some new blood in when the Ramble topic comes up (in the main OT)

I think it'd help if someone made threads in OT for PPV's and other milestone's like Raw 1000. That Raw 1000 thread in the OT (that I think Aiii posted) was great.

Top Bottom